Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 12:30 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
You're right, I don't respect censorship of points of views you don't agree with.
Just asking-you would be ok with a pro choice/pro woman ad, right? You wouldn't go crying "FEMINAZI!"

You would be arguing for their rights as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 12:33 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yes I am.

I don't care what you think. Cry about it. Howl and scream. Whatever. It does not matter.

Abortion is LEGAL! even if it becomes ILLEGAL, we can flee to Canada to get it and more than likely it will become a underground black market thing. NOTHING you say or do will ever stop it.

One second the JOKE "prolife" movement says that are for birth control. Then we have others who call birth control a moral evil. //www.city-data.com/forum/12614927-post437.html

So what is it "prolifers"?

Until the JOKE "prolife" movement can get their act together, that is all they will be. A JOKE!

Seriously? That's all you've got? A nah-nah-nah and some wacko who thinks that birth control is a moral evil?

Talk about drawing from a wide sample size.

Yes, things I say and do can put a stop to it. I've personally talked 7 women out of an abortion, so I know I can help put an end to it.

I also think that you will see Roe v. Wade overturned in our lifetime.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:33 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Just asking-you would be ok with a pro choice/pro woman ad, right? You wouldn't go crying "FEMINAZI!"

You would be arguing for their rights as well?
Personally speaking - I would fully support such an ad. What is good for one group is good for another.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:35 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,684 times
Quote:

Let the pro-choice crowd run their own ad. They have a right to do so.
What would they advertise?

Exactly. Who cares?

The pro-abortion camp ads would consist of what?

Baby-parts?

Don't take responsibility for your 5 seconds of "feel good time", have an abortion?

Some commercial stating "I am woman! I own my body after not taking responsibility for my body to begin with (but let's negate that fact) so hear me roar! Oh, wait, maybe that wasn't me roaring it was the vacuum sucking my kid out of my uterus"

Pathetic.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:36 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
If you noticed, at no point on this topic did I argue for or against abortion being legal or illegal. I'm trying to keep it about a group of people trying to censor a message they don't agree with. Since neither us nor these groups have seen the commercial, we can only assume what the message will be. Based upon his and her story, I assume it's a message of the result of her choosing to keep her baby. That's a choice. If they truly were pro-choice then they should have no problem with such a message. Instead they're fighting against the message while assuming it's a message to make abortion illegal. Even if it is a message urging to make abortion illegal,...making such a commercial isn't illegal either. Don't like the message? Pull your organizations' funds together and produce your own commercial with you own counter message. Pro-choice should mean providing all the options available so that the woman can make the decision for herself. Choices include no sex, birth control if she has sex (condoms and pills), aborting the baby, keeping the baby, or keeping the baby and giving it up for adoption.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:37 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
If you leave a child in a hot car, you're criminally liable. I don't see any difference.
so then you support slappin the cuffs on mom if she's caught smoking and haul her down to the pen?
I suppose you'd rather pay higher taxes for her to sit in jail..
oh and I suppose we'd have to have people inspecting the homes of these pregnant women, afterall they could be chain smoking and boozing it up on their couch watching rosanne...
how do you plan on combatting that?

here's what I think.. I think you want the law on your side of the issue so that the REAL issue can be put back in the back of your mind and you can feel better not thinking about it anymore because you will take solice in knowing "justice" is being impose upon those horrible mothers... and that will not be the ultimate in what you'd like to see.. but it's enough to satisfy your position, because then someone alteast is forced to answer for it..
that still doesn't stop the problem though hun... that just makes someone PAY for their wrong choices...
if your mind can sit well with that.. I suppose thats great..
but like all conservative right wing ideals.. the ends just don't justify the means.. because sometimes the means in which to attain those goals and ideals you have can be rather frightening as well...but nevermind that.. you got what you wanted.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:37 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Seriously? That's all you've got? A nah-nah-nah and some wacko who thinks that birth control is a moral evil?

Talk about drawing from a wide sample size.

Yes, things I say and do can put a stop to it. I've personally talked 7 women out of an abortion, so I know I can help put an end to it.

I also think that you will see Roe v. Wade overturned in our lifetime.
So? I talked one person I know out of having an abortion. Big whoop! You talked 7 women out of it? Should I give you a medal?

Bottom line is no matter how much you whine or complain or want to play hero or overturn Roe V Wade, ABORTION WILL STILL HAPPEN!

Make it illegal here? Fine. I will get it done on black market or go to Canada. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
If you noticed, at no point on this topic did I argue for or against abortion being legal or illegal. I'm trying to keep it about a group of people trying to censor a message they don't agree with. Since neither us nor these groups have seen the commercial, we can only assume what the message will be. Based upon his and her story, I assume it's a message of the result of her choosing to keep her baby. That's a choice. If they truly were pro-choice then they should have no problem with such a message. Instead they're fighting against the message while assuming it's a message to make abortion illegal. Even if it is a message urging to make abortion illegal,...making such a commercial isn't illegal either. Don't like the message? Pull your organizations' funds together and produce your own commercial with you own counter message. Pro-choice should mean providing all the options available so that the woman can make the decision for herself. Choices include no sex, birth control if she has sex (condoms and pills), aborting the baby, keeping the baby, or keeping the baby and giving it up for adoption.
I am cool with it. No big deal. Not in the least.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
so then you support slappin the cuffs on mom if she's caught smoking and haul her down to the pen?
I suppose you'd rather pay higher taxes for her to sit in jail..
oh and I suppose we'd have to have people inspecting the homes of these pregnant women, afterall they could be chain smoking and boozing it up on their couch watching rosanne...
how do you plan on combatting that?

here's what I think.. I think you want the law on your side of the issue so that the REAL issue can be put back in the back of your mind and you can feel better not thinking about it anymore because you will take solice in knowing "justice" is being impose upon those horrible mothers... and that will not be the ultimate in what you'd like to see.. but it's enough to satisfy your position, because then someone alteast is forced to answer for it..
that still doesn't stop the problem though hun... that just makes someone PAY for their wrong choices...
if your mind can sit well with that.. I suppose thats great..
but like all conservative right wing ideals.. the ends just don't justify the means.. because sometimes the means in which to attain those goals and ideals you have can be rather frightening as well...but nevermind that.. you got what you wanted.
The real issue is that it's not "choice" that's at stake, it's human lives.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
So? I talked one person I know out of having an abortion. Big whoop! You talked 7 women out of it? Should I give you a medal?

Bottom line is no matter how much you whine or complain or want to play hero or overturn Roe V Wade, ABORTION WILL STILL HAPPEN!

Make it illegal here? Fine. I will get it done on black market or go to Canada. Thank you!

Then what are you so uptight about? What do you care?

Have fun in Canada.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:49 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,684 times
Quote:
So do I. The "prolife" movement is a JOKE!
How so? Are you talking about over the top pro-life types or just anyone, in general, who thinks women should care about their bodies BEFORE they get themselves knocked up with an unwanted pregnancy?

What about pro-responsibility? I already know liberals don't believe in personal responsibility, just throwing a bone out there...

Feeling good for a minute or two, and not using your (from here on out YOU is NOT specific to YOU, just in general) brain to understand the potential consequence of your 1 minute Meg Ryan moment can actually start the cycle of human life is an excuse for abortion?

Who ARE these women who do not understand that their uterus is pretty much only there to make a baby? Men don't have a uterus. PROTECT WHAT YOU HAVE from such a vile event happening if you are not prepared deal with the consequence. Keep your knees locked together or google "birth control". Or google "where babies come from". Hellloooo?

There is no need, in this day and age, to end up pregnant without knowingly consenting to the risk (unless you are aren't as smart as the average meth-head hooker walking the streets).

Using abortion as a form of birth control is pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies