U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 05:44 PM

41,306 posts, read 42,826,223 times

Advertisements

Yeah...he and his radical cohorts in Congress are at it again. Trying to nationalize the student loan business.

FOXNews.com - DANA PERINO: Beware of Democrats' OTHER Public Option

Quote:
the student loan legislation does not just set up a government-run option for student lending, the bill makes the government the only option! It promises to bring complete federalization of the student loan process to a private marketplace.
We have so much evidence of the federal government's efficiency, effectiveness and cost containment when they run things - what could go wrong?

Does anybody believe anymore the notion that obama is not out to "takeover" select private sector business?

Banks, Auto, Health Care, Energy, now this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 05:46 PM

8,740 posts, read 11,052,312 times
Oh, as a student I am sooooooooo scared.

If Obama is pissing off the right, you KNOW he is doing it RIGHT!

Old 01-16-2010, 05:49 PM

8,647 posts, read 16,465,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Oh, as a student I am sooooooooo scared.

If Obama is pissing off the right, you KNOW he is doing it RIGHT!
LOL LOL...I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you....LOL

Old 01-16-2010, 05:50 PM

3,277 posts, read 4,948,721 times
As a prospective student myself and sibling to someone who has already gone through the process, believe me when I say that the Feds can't possibly be that much worse than other lenders.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:53 PM

8,740 posts, read 11,052,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
LOL LOL...I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you....LOL
Ah yes. The people loving "prolife" righty speaks.

Don't worry. I have been laughing AT you for a LONG time now. LMAO!

Old 01-16-2010, 05:57 PM

7,087 posts, read 11,511,083 times
So we won't have private loan companies charging between 15-20% student loan interest instead of the 6% a Stafford loan does?

Well, I guess if some one wants to do that I'll have to begrudgingly accept it

Old 01-16-2010, 05:57 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,620,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah...he and his radical cohorts in Congress are at it again. Trying to nationalize the student loan business.

We have so much evidence of the federal government's efficiency, effectiveness and cost containment when they run things - what could go wrong?

Does anybody believe anymore the notion that obama is not out to "takeover" select private sector business?

Ok try getting the facts about the process straight first ok. The student loan system is already backed by the government. The FAFSA application is how all students apply for any student loans. They are guaranteed by the feds. If I fail to repay my loans the feds will. Its a win win situation for sallie mae (fannie and freddie) the own the loans, own the colecction agency and how zero chance of losing because the feds will pay them back. Sure students can apply for private loans at much higher rates but the feds are not going to end loans are they?

They already run the whole situation anyway, there is just a huge bank reaping the profits.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:00 PM

6,567 posts, read 13,680,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So we won't have private loan companies charging between 15-20% student loan interest instead of the 6% a Stafford loan does?

Well, I guess if some one wants to do that I'll have to begrudgingly accept it

Seriously... People are acting like this is SO terrible...

Old 01-16-2010, 06:04 PM

971 posts, read 1,225,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Sarene: Could you please tell me exactly what this bill entails? What does it do? What does it reform? What changes? What stays the same?

I find it strange the article written by Dana Perino couldn't. Mostly what I found in the article were grammatical and mechanical errors and sentences that make no sense. (what the hell does "It promises to bring complete federalization of the student loan process to a private marketplace" mean???)

Old 01-16-2010, 06:04 PM

69,364 posts, read 60,808,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Where the hell do you get school loans for 15-20%? You are getting robbed because I'm getting some for 2.99%.. You pay your 6%, I'll stay with my 2.99%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies