Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:22 PM

871 posts, read 3,017,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Arthur Brooks, the author of a book on donors to charity, “Who Really Cares,” cites data that households headed by conservatives give 30 percent more to charity than households headed by liberals. A study by Google found an even greater disproportion: average annual contributions reported by conservatives were almost double those of liberals.

AHA! "Reported" by Conservatives...........for tax purposes?

Old 01-16-2010, 09:22 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
That is crap. We do not hate the poor. I don't like lazy ass people.
Poor doesn't always equal lazy.
There are plenty of lazy rich people.
Some people are rich because they inherited $$.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:23 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Why is it that after every disaster every conservative, from the leaders like Rush El Fatso Drug addict and the FoxNews morons, right on down to the lowliest dittohead, has to use the disaster to remind the world how much they hate helping people and how much they hate people who help other people???

All I've heard from conservatives since this Haiti earthquake are such reminders, such as:
- Rush Fat Drug addict telling his worshipers to not give money or help to Haiti
- mockery of Sean Penn, Bono, John Kerry, or anyone else who is a celebrity and has done charity work in the past
- attacks on Danny Glover as being a "doofus" for wanting to help Haiti
- attacks on President Obama for doing anything at all to help Haiti

But when these cons get their homes blown away by a tornado or hurricane or washed out in a flood, they are in front of the line at FEMA, standing there with both hands out, looking for someone else to do every little thing for them. They don't even stand on line literally, they drive their little scoot-about things like the ones they use at their favorite Walmart and they sit there, begging, "oh please give me money, give me give me give me!!!"

It just doesn't make sense; but it's clear they are very selfish and hate everyone other than themselves.
I cannot even bring myself to dignify your hate-filled post with an honest thoughtful reply.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloyfan View Post
Quote:
Arthur Brooks, the author of a book on donors to charity, “Who Really Cares,” cites data that households headed by conservatives give 30 percent more to charity than households headed by liberals. A study by Google found an even greater disproportion: average annual contributions reported by conservatives were almost double those of liberals.

LOL.

I was thinking that.
Either that or the people lied.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:25 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
There is no such thing as charity.
They hate the poor.

If only you WORKED harder, ATE better, etc.

Last I checked, there are plenty of college educated people who are out a job and they didn't all get a worthless degree.

Plenty of people get diabetes, cancer, heart disease, etc. through no fault of their own.

Not every poor person is living high off the gov. Plenty of people go to bed starving and it's not because they spent their last time on a big screen tv or any other stupid scenarios some people manage to come up with to justify their bias against poor people.
I would say the person that wants the poor to stay dependent on the gov is the ones that hate poor people.

Oh people need to stop using this recession as a reason to promote not trying to improve your life

Old 01-16-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I cannot even bring myself to dignify your hate-filled post with an honest thoughtful reply.
Hate-filled?

Old 01-16-2010, 09:26 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Quote:

You have to prove them genius.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:26 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Quote:

Can you report donating your time and blood on your taxes? Because it goes on to say that conservatives give more of their time and donate blood more also

Last time I checked you cant write of giving blood or giving of your time

Do you think liberals dont report their donations on the tax return? Of course they do so if liberals have more money why arent they giving more? I mean they write it of also.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I would say the person that wants the poor to stay dependent on the gov is the ones that hate poor people.

Oh people need to stop using this recession as a reason to promote not trying to improve your life
I don't want anyone dependent on the government.
If it were up to me, everyone who is able-bodied and of sound mind would have a job that paid a living wage.

Where did I say people don't need to try to improve their life?
It's kind of hard to think about "improving your life" when your main concern is finding shelter or finding something to eat.

One can say, "Go back to school" but it's pretty hard to afford college if you can't afford shelter, food, etc.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:28 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Poor doesn't always equal lazy.
There are plenty of lazy rich people.
Some people are rich because they inherited $$.

EXACTLY!!!! You saying that we hate the poor is just wrong. I don't like lazy people milking the government. Notice I said LAZY not rich or poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies