Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 08:49 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Also it's important to keep in mind that they have wanted us out for sometime. One more reason to go.
The only thing I can say is, like a patient insisting they're well enough to leave the hospital, a doctor might be concerned enough to flag it as against medical advice. They've made strides to prove they've got what it takes to walk on their own steam, and I wish them well.

Keep proving it Iraq! Do not let those who defended your lives with their own in service to you go in vain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 08:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
We never criticized the Marines (or any of the other branches of our miliatary), personally. We criticized their idiot Commander in Chief who put them there. Quit making stuff up. We never blamed the Marines (or any of the other branches of our military), personally. We blamed their idiot Commander in Chief who put them there. Quit making stuff up. It was an illegal action. That doesn't mean we blamed the Marines personally. Quit making stuff up. Oh give me a break. What a despicable, nasty, hateful accusation to make. But then, why am I surprised? Gee, would it have been so hard to say that and leave it there? Are you going to verbally accost every returning Marine you see with this hate-filled diatribe, given that you wrote it as if you were speaking it directly to them? If you do, I hope you get what you deserve, the least of which is a middle finger extended.

I guess you never thought that the old fart from Pennsylvania who lefties considered a hero said anything wrong about the Marines at Haditha. I guess you really thought they were guilty of something without even having a trial. Murky Murtha sure did.

All that Pelosi about the illegal war never sounded like you people were really supporting the troops. Do you fail to remember how Reid and Obama acted back in 2007 while they were trying so hard to keep the Surge from happening. They knew it would be successful and that would make Bush look good for a change. Yep, the Dem leaders tried very hard to keep that from happening.

Do you remember Hillary's behavior at that meeting Petraeus had with her Senate buddies. I guess you don't remember how most Dems supported the words of MoveOn when they called him General Betrayus.

I think it is really something how handily you people managed to forget all of that Pelosi so soon. Obama did not end that war and it may be ready to take root again. Then is it still Bush's fault? Yep, in your words it is.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
I weep for the straw man argument! Boo hoo hoo, it's got me all beat up on the inside. You really know how to pull on 'em heart strings and get 'em riled up at the same time.
You don't remember Murky Murtha and the Marines at Haditha that he called murderers without even a beginning of a trial? You don't remember the words of Reid and Obama calling the war lost in order to keep the Surge from happening? You surely don't sound like you remember any of that.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:11 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
We never criticized the Marines (or any of the other branches of our miliatary), personally. We criticized their idiot Commander in Chief who put them there. Quit making stuff up.

Oh, yes your party has not only criticized them but, you under minded them in every way. Ask Jack Murtha who called them killers and how about John Kerry who said they were killing innocent women and children in the dead of night. You wished for their failure is what you did.

No people like Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton put them there.

We never blamed the Marines (or any of the other branches of our military), personally. We blamed their idiot Commander in Chief who put them there. Quit making stuff up. It was an illegal action.

Prove it was illegal so we can then go after your VP Joe Biden and your SoS Hillary Clinton for putting them there along with many other dems.

That doesn't mean we blamed the Marines personally. Quit making stuff up. Oh give me a break. What a despicable, nasty, hateful accusation to make. But then, why am I surprised? Gee, would it have been so hard to say that and leave it there? Are you going to verbally accost every returning Marine you see with this hate-filled diatribe, given that you wrote it as if you were speaking it directly to them? If you do, I hope you get what you deserve, the least of which is a middle finger extended.
So now does REID get fired for saying the war was lost?

Someone please show me where Obama said he would have the troops coming home at this point in time?

If he did then he gets credit but it this was planned before Obama and was just a movement of troops then he gets no credit.

So, then on the other hand if they are coming home they must have finished the job and the surge worked.

Then you can thank President Bush for the surge and the job well done.

It is going to be hard for the dems as they want to give credit to Obama for something when it was Bush and the troops who get all the credit.

It is easy to step into a job when the previous person had things all lined up for you.

I will wait for the proof that Obama was the one who ordered them home and they are not just a movement of troops that normally happens.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:26 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Then you can thank President Bush for the surge and the job well done.
Yeah! That revisionism should get on a roll to say army of one Bush won the war in Vietnam all by his lonesome self in his national guard aircraft stateside.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:38 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Violence will not end in Iraq because we stay or we go. The violence will end when the sovereign people take control to end it the way any nation would.

Our mission was to enable them to be a sovereign, not to occupy them indefinitely until girl scouts could freely sell cookies door to door. Americans have kept our promise to the people of Iraq, even if I seriously question making such a promise to anyone because I feel it wrong to fight anyones civil war for them.

Our troops have done a tremendous job, and what the Iraqi people do with their freedom now is up to them. The time line for the rest of the troops is not decided quite yet, but knowing that big daddy won't be here forever might light a fire under them to stand up for themselves as the article pointed out.
harborlady, very well said, good job, i agree with what you are saying here. God protect our wonderful Service Men and Women, who have put there lives on the line, and there familes for the Sacrafice's they have had to make.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:01 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Excellent news. They should never have been there in the first place.

The thought that 4000+ of our dear children have died and countless more have been maimed for the delusions of a few bitter old men still sickens me and will for as long as I live.
I know that all of our troops did the best they could with the situation they were thrust into and I thank them all for their service.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:36 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,716 times
Quote:
Gee, would it have been so hard to say that and leave it there? Are you going to verbally accost every returning Marine you see with this hate-filled diatribe, given that you wrote it as if you were speaking it directly to them? If you do, I hope you get what you deserve, the least of which is a middle finger extended.
Do you really think that my comments would be offensive to our fighting forces? If so, I think that it is you who doesn't get it.

These men and women were ordered to work in life threatening conditions for the goal of improving the lives of people in Iraq under Saddam. There goal was to lcapture their dispicable leader and liberate the population.

FOR YEARS, we have heard the left ridicule those efforts. Question the quality of the job they were doing, and question the ethics of our leadership for making the decision to engage in that mission. The arguments were fierce, and not concealed to only non-military civilians. Thus, the men and women of our fighting forces woke up every day, in a tent in the sand, and worked hard and tirelessly to achieve an objective that was not only unpopular to the left, but also "unattainable". The left used their hardship to protest the administration... for what other reason than their own political advantages.

Now that nearly all of the objectives and milestones have been implemented in Iraq, and are successful, these people want to praise the men and women who got the job done while historically for the last few years did nothing but attempt to make those tasks harder and talked about how the mission was unattainable?

Ill tell you what. If I was working for a company and working on a task that the Board of Directors talked crap about all day long... when I got the job done, it would be them that I sent the single finger salute to.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I weep for the straw man argument! Boo hoo hoo, it's got me all beat up on the inside. You really know how to pull on 'em heart strings and get 'em riled up at the same time.
Sorry you can't handle the fact that you are playing both sides of the fence with your arguments.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Excellent news. They should never have been there in the first place.
This is the slap in the face to our forces that liberals are too dense to recognize.

"Good job on your hard work even though you shouldn't of have done it"

What a back handed compliment.

Our men and women of the armed forces are NOT too ignorant to see right through this liberal non-sense. Its been going on for years now. Don't start to play the saint of the situation now that the milestones have been reached and our troops are coming home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies