Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:43 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Do you really think that my comments would be offensive to our fighting forces? If so, I think that it is you who doesn't get it.

These men and women were ordered to work in life threatening conditions for the goal of improving the lives of people in Iraq under Saddam. There goal was to lcapture their dispicable leader and liberate the population..
When did that become the mission? That wasn't why our children were sent to Iraq, that was the made-up story presented as an afterthought after BushCo could not longer pretend that there were WMDs.

Quote:
FOR YEARS, we have heard the left ridicule those efforts. Question the quality of the job they were doing, and question the ethics of our leadership for making the decision to engage in that mission. The arguments were fierce, and not concealed to only non-military civilians. Thus, the men and women of our fighting forces woke up every day, in a tent in the sand, and worked hard and tirelessly to achieve an objective that was not only unpopular to the left, but also "unattainable". The left used their hardship to protest the administration... for what other reason than their own political advantages...
Ridicule? No one ridiculed the efforts. Questioned the validity of the cause, yes, because it changed every day. I can assure you, however, that no one ever doubted the ability of our service people to get the job done, once it was decided exactly what the job was supposed to be.

Quote:
Now that nearly all of the objectives and milestones have been implemented in Iraq, and are successful, these people want to praise the men and women who got the job done while historically for the last few years did nothing but attempt to make those tasks harder and talked about how the mission was unattainable?

Ill tell you what. If I was working for a company and working on a task that the Board of Directors talked crap about all day long... when I got the job done, it would be them that I sent the single finger salute to.
You can spin it all you want. Those of us who have children who have served in Iraq know the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 01:50 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
When did that become the mission? That wasn't why our children were sent to Iraq, that was the made-up story presented as an afterthought after BushCo could not longer pretend that there were WMDs.
WMD was ONE reason for the invasion of Iraq, NOT the ONLY reason.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:55 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
too bad they aren't taking that silly assed embassy with them....

Old 01-18-2010, 01:59 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
so they have dismantled many of the bases ? HEY ! look at the dancing Iraqis !

Old 01-18-2010, 01:59 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

WMD was ONE reason for the invasion of Iraq, NOT the ONLY reason.
No, it was the LIE used to get Congress's approval.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:09 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,716 times
Quote:
Operation Iraqi Liberation was the original name of the mission. This is pretty clear and concise.

Quote:
Ridicule? No one ridiculed the efforts. Questioned the validity of the cause, yes, because it changed every day. I can assure you, however, that no one ever doubted the ability of our service people to get the job done, once it was decided exactly what the job was supposed to be.
Democrat politicians THEMSELVES said that it was impossible for our troops to do the job. They opposed the war on those grounds, among others, which were directly back-handed toward our service people in general. Now that they have been proven wrong, they want to ignore those attempts for political gain on the backs of the soldiers. Sorry, its not that easy. Some of us remember.

Quote:
You can spin it all you want. Those of us who have children who have served in Iraq know the truth.
And you can attempt to invalidate my opinion on the grounds that you somehow have better knowledge into the subject as me all you want. Its a typical tactic of people to attempt to criticize the oppositions opinion as they think it makes their own more valid.

My opinions are based on my own experiences when I myself served and my feelings regarding the service of my brother, father, and many many more people.

Your opinion is no more valid than my own.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:13 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
So now does REID get fired for saying the war was lost?

Someone please show me where Obama said he would have the troops coming home at this point in time?

If he did then he gets credit but it this was planned before Obama and was just a movement of troops then he gets no credit.

So, then on the other hand if they are coming home they must have finished the job and the surge worked.

Then you can thank President Bush for the surge and the job well done.

It is going to be hard for the dems as they want to give credit to Obama for something when it was Bush and the troops who get all the credit.

It is easy to step into a job when the previous person had things all lined up for you.

I will wait for the proof that Obama was the one who ordered them home and they are not just a movement of troops that normally happens.
So what you're saying is that you didn't pay one bit of attention during the campaigns?

Shocker.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:16 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Don't even bother debating with him. The rethugs have got their collective asses kicked the last couple years so they're diverting to their fail-safe method of draping themselves in the American flag.

Ya know, because only Republicans are pro-America.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
No, it was the LIE used to get Congress's approval.
Is there a single liberal able to prove that it was a lie, or are you all going to just keep throwing that out there as you think it strengthens your arguements?

Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Don't even bother debating with him. The rethugs have got their collective asses kicked the last couple years so they're diverting to their fail-safe method of draping themselves in the American flag.

Ya know, because only Republicans are pro-America.
Be dismissive all you want. We will see how that works out for you later this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies