Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 02:47 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

This isnt a headline at Fix.com (it's at the bottom of the page, right after "1 Dead, 1 Wounded After Restaurant Shooting"), but at least they did pick up the AP report.

Thanks for the heads up, Fix!

First Wave of U.S. Forces Leave Iraq - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 05:53 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Another promise kept by Obama!

Thanks for the good news.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
If you watched he actually pulled some out before his first plan for afganistan was announced.that iswhen the violence increased in iraq.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:12 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,277 times
Well done Marines (and Army, and Navy, and Air Force)

Welcome Home, we are proud of the job you did, even under all of the tough criticism of the left.

Yeah, we know they won't give ya'll much credit, but just a couple short years ago, we heard nothing but doom and gloom stories about how our "occupation", and your hard work, were lost causes. We heard people call you baby killers, we heard people say what you were asked to do was an illegal action by our administration. These people posted pictures of dead civilians, who we all know are well respected by our fine fighting forces.

Yeah, there was some rough times the last few years with arguing factions here in the ole' homeland, but not nearly as bad as I am sure you were faced with while the boots you were wearing were on the ground.

I hope as you come home, and the last of our forces pull out of Iraq, you aren't subject to the same attacks we saw here while you were away. I pray that people who cried that nothing good would ever come of Iraq don't continue their mantra in your presence.

Welcome home Marines. Good job.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:04 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,437 times
In other news, several "private security" companies are hiring for new openings in Iraq..

Old 01-17-2010, 07:56 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post

Well done Marines (and Army, and Navy, and Air Force)

Welcome Home, we are proud of the job you did, even under all of the tough criticism of the left.
We never criticized the Marines (or any of the other branches of our miliatary), personally. We criticized their idiot Commander in Chief who put them there. Quit making stuff up.
Quote:

Yeah, we know they won't give ya'll much credit, but just a couple short years ago, we heard nothing but doom and gloom stories about how our "occupation", and your hard work, were lost causes.
We never blamed the Marines (or any of the other branches of our military), personally. We blamed their idiot Commander in Chief who put them there. Quit making stuff up.
Quote:

We heard people call you baby killers, we heard people say what you were asked to do was an illegal action by our administration.
It was an illegal action. That doesn't mean we blamed the Marines personally. Quit making stuff up.
Quote:

These people posted pictures of dead civilians, who we all know are well respected by our fine fighting forces.
Oh give me a break.
Quote:

Yeah, there was some rough times the last few years with arguing factions here in the ole' homeland, but not nearly as bad as I am sure you were faced with while the boots you were wearing were on the ground.

I hope as you come home, and the last of our forces pull out of Iraq, you aren't subject to the same attacks we saw here while you were away. I pray that people who cried that nothing good would ever come of Iraq don't continue their mantra in your presence.
What a despicable, nasty, hateful accusation to make. But then, why am I surprised?
Quote:

Gee, would it have been so hard to say that and leave it there? Are you going to verbally accost every returning Marine you see with this hate-filled diatribe, given that you wrote it as if you were speaking it directly to them? If you do, I hope you get what you deserve, the least of which is a middle finger extended.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:02 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times
Well even though there is a phrased withdraw of US marines there, there will not be a complete withdraw of them there.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:23 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
If you watched he actually pulled some out before his first plan for afganistan was announced.that iswhen the violence increased in iraq.
Violence will not end in Iraq because we stay or we go. The violence will end when the sovereign people take control to end it the way any nation would.

Our mission was to enable them to be a sovereign, not to occupy them indefinitely until girl scouts could freely sell cookies door to door. Americans have kept our promise to the people of Iraq, even if I seriously question making such a promise to anyone because I feel it wrong to fight anyones civil war for them.

Our troops have done a tremendous job, and what the Iraqi people do with their freedom now is up to them. The time line for the rest of the troops is not decided quite yet, but knowing that big daddy won't be here forever might light a fire under them to stand up for themselves as the article pointed out.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:40 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Violence will not end in Iraq because we stay or we go. The violence will end when the sovereign people take control to end it the way any nation would.

Our mission was to enable them to be a sovereign, not to occupy them indefinitely until girl scouts could freely sell cookies door to door. Americans have kept our promise to the people of Iraq, even if I seriously question making such a promise to anyone because I feel it wrong to fight anyones civil war for them.

Our troops have done a tremendous job, and what the Iraqi people do with their freedom now is up to them. The time line for the rest of the troops is not decided quite yet, but knowing that big daddy won't be here forever might light a fire under them to stand up for themselves as the article pointed out.

Also it's important to keep in mind that they have wanted us out for sometime. One more reason to go.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:41 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:

I weep for the straw man argument! Boo hoo hoo, it's got me all beat up on the inside. You really know how to pull on 'em heart strings and get 'em riled up at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies