U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 10:06 PM

5,762 posts, read 4,585,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Her we go again with the whining. I asked a question of the op, what about J.C. Watts he never responded. One of the best know congressman to evr come out of oklahoma. In fact, I can't tell you one freaking congressman from Oklahom but I sure as hell know who J.C. Watts happens to be. A very brillian guy. One of those that did not wait for a handout but took a handup.
It's so easy to label what you don't agree with. J.C. Watts has been out of office for far longer than Bush; if you're going to hold one out as still a
viable point for discussion, you must accept the other as well. It's nice that Watts met with your approval, but he's long gone. Colin Powell took a hand up...is he ruined too? Under the bus? RINO? I'm sure there's a label for him. Me, I'd say he's an honorable man who has tried to serve his country well, and is realistic enough to know that a hand up is often a hand out of one's difficulties, be it racism or poverty.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-18-2010, 10:08 PM

17,476 posts, read 31,225,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Has any qualified Black Republicans run for congress and been elected by their state or is this just another race card play?
Senator Watts, if I well remember his name, was elected by Oklahoma's, which are mostly white.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:11 PM

5,762 posts, read 4,585,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
MLK was a REGISTERED Republican, before he had talks with JFK and promised welfare for his people.
Nice try.

Martin Luther King Jr. Was A Republican? | Crooks and Liars

Old 01-18-2010, 10:11 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,962,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
There are no Native American democrats in Congress. I would suspect that Democrats are highly prejudiced. Do you have any other explanation?
There are no Native Americans in the Senate in the Republican Party either. Talk about a BS post.

Native American % of the population in the US is .8%. Seriously. GET REAL. Tom Cole (r) is the only member of the Senate or Congress of either party. I mean seriously...what a weak post.

Shall we go with Chinese?

The RW desperation knows no bounds.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:02 PM

7,412 posts, read 8,889,611 times
Republicans are certainly racist & why they continue to fail America. Republicans are "dead thinkers" who have no place in our nation except the graveyard.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:10 PM

103 posts, read 194,465 times
A Black Republican has a tough time getting elected, especially in Black districts.

I think the Republican party is *overall* racist. But that doens't meant that Republicans are more racist than Democrats.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 AM

1,136 posts, read 629,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I believe this has been addressed in numerous threads, but the quick answer is ignorance, Most black democrats in office are from predominately black districts, the democrats have developed the race baiting poverty pimp rhetoric to an art form, convinced the rank and file they are victims and they will never achieve anything with out the democrats in office to give them what they are entitled to. Any Black Republican that comes a long calling BS on that is simply written off as an Uncle Tom! So the question becomes who is really the racist...........................
Well, where have you been. Couldn't rep you but I like it, right on, right on, right on! Right on Washington

Old 01-19-2010, 06:01 AM

1,136 posts, read 629,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
It's so easy to label what you don't agree with. J.C. Watts has been out of office for far longer than Bush; if you're going to hold one out as still a
viable point for discussion, you must accept the other as well. It's nice that Watts met with your approval, but he's long gone. Colin Powell took a hand up...is he ruined too? Under the bus? RINO? I'm sure there's a label for him. Me, I'd say he's an honorable man who has tried to serve his country well, and is realistic enough to know that a hand up is often a hand out of one's difficulties, be it racism or poverty.
NOt sure I agree with that at all... it sidesteps. Answer how it is that a man could never win in Maxine Waters district? Now here is a lady that should not win dog catcher in the Yukon and yet? Is tht racism you think? I think it is, blatant.

Blacks don't win as republicans not because of racism but because there are so few that adopt the philosophy. There are so few that adopt the philosophy because frankly they have been duped by the strategy of the left.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:39 AM

75,574 posts, read 39,190,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Republicans are certainly racist & why they continue to fail America. Republicans are "dead thinkers" who have no place in our nation except the graveyard.

...and they say the republicans are the party of hate???

Yet there is so my evidence, it is just the opposite.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:31 AM

35,957 posts, read 35,996,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
There are ZERO black Republicans in the US Congress. Why is that?
Do they run and are not winning primaries? Because that's the only way you can blame Republican voters.

But you know, it's not like Congress has such great approval ratings that one would hold those jobs in such high esteem to have people beating down the Capitol doors for them. Didn't "Used Car Salesman" beat "Congressman" in some recent poll?

I watch Glenn Beck. Successful black conservative business men and women seem to be making good money and have "prestige" to go along with their names just like the white ones and the brown ones who eschew Congress. The problem is no one is giving them a forum to talk about their success and so-called black leaders never mention them in public.

On TV, right now, the black businessmen you usually see are drug dealers. When is the last time you saw a family oriented conservative black businessman, who wasn't the bad guy, on some sitcom or drama? Come to think of it, when was the last time you saw a white one of those?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.