U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 09:25 AM

759 posts, read 740,905 times

Advertisements

Good luck winning over blacks to the Republican side of the aisle when you believe they're too dumb or too easily manipulated to see the Republican way! That in itself reeks a little of racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
That is because it is a philosophy not a condition of race. The democrats have placed that seed in the minds of blacks and it grew with a vengeance.

They are philosophies and I will break it down to its lowest common ednominator for you. One philosophy believes it is the strength of the individual that leads to the greater strength of the whole and one believes it is the strength of the whole that leads to the greater strength of the individual

That is it in a nutshell friend and anyone that tries to tell you any different is trying to sell you a bill of good. You have already bought into a lot of rotton goods. How many times do they have to hand you the bag before you don't have to look inside any more to know it is rotten?
Rate this post positively

Old 01-19-2010, 09:31 AM

I made no claim. I stated a fact and asked a question. It is a fact there are no black Republicans in the US Congress. Why is it not fair to ask why? There are many democratic minorities in the US Congress. This too is an indisputable fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
If you base your assumption that republicans are racist because "there are no black republicans in the us congress" you might want to restate your evidence to create the illusion there is some credibility to your claim.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:35 AM

23,837 posts, read 21,019,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
There are ZERO black Republicans in the US Congress. Why is that? The logical answer is that the Republican base is racist.
Do statistics, voting patterns, and core consitutencies mean anything to you?

From your simple-minded post, I would guess not.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:43 AM

So the problem is not with the Republican Party's ideology the problem is with the voters? LOL It was only the last election that the GOP put a woman on the ticket as VP. This 25 years after Democrats put Ferraro on the ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Do statistics, voting patterns, and core consitutencies mean anything to you?

From your simple-minded post, I would guess not.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:57 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,223,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because the majority of black voters are Democrat based. Locked into the entitlement programs, the Democratic base pushes more and more.

The minority of blacks in the Republican party are ridiculed for not being one of them. The masses.
Review the history of blacks and the republican party, and they use to vote republican for many years.

African Americans in the United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "new deal" gave Many black Americans a new political direction.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:55 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,399,081 times
Read this very closely. If you were a black person living in 19th century America, which party would you align yourself with? Then, think about which party blacks continued to align themselves with for the next 100 years. And in 1960 when a jailed Dr. King is convinced by a Democratic presidential candidate to switch parties and put his support behind that candidate in exchange for getting him out of jail, is it any surprise that Democrat is practically the default choice of blacks today?

Old 01-19-2010, 02:56 PM

77,813 posts, read 91,527,601 times
Quote:
I made no claim. I stated a fact and asked a question. It is a fact there are no black Republicans in the US Congress. Why is it not fair to ask why? There are many democratic minorities in the US Congress. This too is an indisputable fact.
No, between the lines you made a claim and have over and over...you said if Republicans are not racists how come bla bla bla? yes, you are saying they are racists and most have tried to get through to you, there have been many very successful and well liked black Republicans. Just because, right now there are none in the congress means nothing when it come to racism..

Nita

Old 01-19-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Senator Watts, if I well remember his name, was elected by Oklahoma's, which are mostly white.
He was a congressman, not senator but you are completely right otherwise. He was black, from a southern state (some call it southwest or midwest) he was very popular, and many were disappointed when he decided to return to private life. In fact the Republicans were hoping he would run for governor in OK this year..

Nita

Old 01-19-2010, 03:15 PM

25,110 posts, read 15,579,321 times
Quote:
You want the reason why there arent as many black republicans, I'll give you one reason, because the race hustlers like Jesse Jackson, the entire Democratic Black Caucus, Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan have all but made any black man into a race traitor and an Uncle Tom, if they claim to be a republican or a conservative.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
There are no Native Americans in the Senate in the Republican Party either. Talk about a BS post.

Native American % of the population in the US is .8%. Seriously. GET REAL. Tom Cole (r) is the only member of the Senate or Congress of either party. I mean seriously...what a weak post.

Shall we go with Chinese?

The RW desperation knows no bounds.
Maybe none now, but what about Ben Nighthorse Cambpell from Colo. Democrat swithced to Republican and was elected twice.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.