U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 04:33 PM

1,136 posts, read 629,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Good luck winning over blacks to the Republican side of the aisle when you believe they're too dumb or too easily manipulated to see the Republican way! That in itself reeks a little of racism.
But you see cowboy that is the reason you guys never get it and frnakly probably never will. No one said they were too dumb though I would go the way of saying manipulated, yes. It is a difference of philosophy my friend. I voted for my last democrat for Jimmy Carter. Then somewhere along the way I simply grew up. I began to see the world through a set of more mature eyes.
Jimmy Carter is in fact precicely that kind of dupe the blacks should turn and run as fast as they can from. He is the quintessential narcissist that could not give a good damn about the plight of black people.

It is a funny thing to me that when you look at very successful black people you will find athletes, movie stars, musicians, rappers, and conservatives. Isn't that a hoot. Very successful black people have something, a thread that runs so true. The successes of these people are as individualists, not as followers, not as groupies. It is so simple and yet it passes all people by and not just blacks.

If black people want to stay down as a group all they need to do is to keep following the path of their white democrat masters and their groupie leaders that carry the slogans and banners for those masters.

When do you reckun Nancy Pelosi ever did a damn thing for a black man or woman or Reid. They are vote wh.res and they are being found out. There will be a day when black people will cease to follow their ruse. For the vast majority of the well educated that day has already arrived. Conservatives, by and large, do not treat black people that way. It is conservatives by historical record that have championed individual rights in this country.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-19-2010, 04:39 PM

59 posts, read 111,863 times
Republicans are not racist. Blacks are democrats. Blacks are self pitying and want all of the benefits a liberal whitehouse can give them. Republicans believe in working hard for your money, democrats believe in welfare.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:13 PM

7,928 posts, read 7,517,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
There are no Native Americans in the Senate in the Republican Party either. Talk about a BS post.

Native American % of the population in the US is .8%. Seriously. GET REAL. Tom Cole (r) is the only member of the Senate or Congress of either party. I mean seriously...what a weak post.

Shall we go with Chinese?

The LW desperation knows no bounds.
It was meant to be sarcastic. Just showing idiotic this thread really is, not really suprising coming from a LWN.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:06 PM

4,271 posts, read 14,390,177 times
I'm sure someone's mentioned this already but isn't the chairman of the Republican National Committee African American? Michael Steele I think is his name. And these folks aren't in congress but what about Colin Powell and Condie Rice? Aren't they republican? I don't understand why some people automatically presume "You are republican; therefore, you are racist." The difference between a republican and democrat, I feel, are fundamental ideals like more gov't vs less gov't. One can make generalizations like most African Americans are democrats, most Rebpulicans are conservative Christians, most gays are Democrats so on and so forth but that's what these statements are: generalizations. They may be generally correct but not always correct. I bet you can find racist democrats through history and those that fought for civil rights and equality who are republicans. Just my two cents.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:50 AM

3,726 posts, read 5,589,425 times
Lets do another quick crunching of the numbers. Blacks make up 13% of the US population. Of this group, 90% of them are Democrats or independants. That leaves 1.3% of the nations population as black Republicans. With such a tiny demographic pool available, tell me, just how and where can the GOP find qualified candidates? The left just cannot let go of their never ending playing of the race card. They point their fingers and whine about how few blacks there are in the Republican Party, but when one does occupy an important position they are attacked and criticized with racial slurs. It takes a courageous black man or woman to be a conservative Republican in todays political climate. When a black Republican does run against a white Democrat in a mostly white conservative district they will be elected. It is the left, not the right, that dwells on race.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:45 PM

12 posts, read 18,530 times
Even if this question is not worded properly I have yet to see any good response to this that does not highlight the obvious fact that there is not a single black republican in congress.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:19 PM

759 posts, read 740,905 times
It's much easier to attack the OP or blame black people. Given that Democrats have many minorities, not only blacks, serving in the US Congress AND we just elected the first black President, there would be at least ONE black Republican in Congress. Perhaps it's just an anomaly that has lasted 20+ years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookerTea View Post
Even if this question is not worded properly I have yet to see any good response to this that does not highlight the obvious fact that there is not a single black republican in congress.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:23 PM

12 posts, read 18,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
It's much easier to attack the OP or blame black people. Given that Democrats have many minorities, not only blacks, serving in the US Congress AND we just elected the first black President, there would be at least ONE black Republican in Congress. Perhaps it's just an anomaly that has lasted 20+ years?
@okc,
Yeah that seems to be the pattern, no one has answered the question which just makes the op look correct, republicans this does not look good

Old 01-31-2010, 04:26 PM

5,263 posts, read 13,926,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
But you see cowboy that is the reason you guys never get it and frnakly probably never will. No one said they were too dumb though I would go the way of saying manipulated, yes. It is a difference of philosophy my friend. I voted for my last democrat for Jimmy Carter. Then somewhere along the way I simply grew up. I began to see the world through a set of more mature eyes.
Jimmy Carter is in fact precicely that kind of dupe the blacks should turn and run as fast as they can from. He is the quintessential narcissist that could not give a good damn about the plight of black people.

It is a funny thing to me that when you look at very successful black people you will find athletes, movie stars, musicians, rappers, and conservatives. Isn't that a hoot. Very successful black people have something, a thread that runs so true. The successes of these people are as individualists, not as followers, not as groupies. It is so simple and yet it passes all people by and not just blacks.

If black people want to stay down as a group all they need to do is to keep following the path of their white democrat masters and their groupie leaders that carry the slogans and banners for those masters.

When do you reckun Nancy Pelosi ever did a damn thing for a black man or woman or Reid. They are vote wh.res and they are being found out. There will be a day when black people will cease to follow their ruse. For the vast majority of the well educated that day has already arrived. Conservatives, by and large, do not treat black people that way. It is conservatives by historical record that have championed individual rights in this country.
Atilla,

Reading your post, all I hear is your bitterness. I don't know what happened to you in your life to make you so angry but just so you know,... I am sorry.

I read Jimmy Carter's biography many years ago. Regardless of how anyone views his politics, it's impossible to find fault with his character.

If you voted for him, you were not duped. Way back in the 70's, he appointed blacks to every level of office in state government.
Looking at his life as a whole, no one can say that Jimmy Carter is not sincere.

The Nation: Jimmy Carter: Not Just Peanuts - TIME

You might want to read his biography sometime.

He's hardly a narcississt.

Last edited by World Citizen; 01-31-2010 at 04:35 PM..

Old 01-31-2010, 04:30 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,850,048 times
Didn't waste time reading the entirety of this senseless thread... so excuse me if someone already pointed out that the GOP Chairman is black.

Michael Steele - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gosh I thought even the idiots knew that by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.