Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 06:02 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

I answered the question about Jesse Jackson--it's because he's a racist, and we don't want racists in office.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Actually sir,....

I think I said that I couldn't believe what your said -- there's a difference.

Do you have any idea how your posts come across?

btw - You should really post a family photo for everyone to see!
Why, because like other Republicans, you cant believe I'm telling the truth? You can now begin to be lumped with the other typical Democrats here who started this pathetic thread..

Do I have any idea how my post comes across? I bet no where near as bad as the non stop posters here who claim over and over and over that "Republicans are racist", and when proven that they arent they simply move on and create another thread.

Nice try but my family isnt the topic of the thread, the bs accusations that we're racists is.. Which has been proven wrong numerous times.

Wait a couple of hours, another opportunity to call Republicans racist will appear and you can then carry on where you left off and ignore facts.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:09 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Why, because like other Republicans, you cant believe I'm telling the truth? You can now begin to be lumped with the other typical Democrats here who started this pathetic thread..

Do I have any idea how my post comes across? I bet no where near as bad as the non stop posters here who claim over and over and over that "Republicans are racist", and when proven that they arent they simply move on and create another thread.

Nice try but my family isnt the topic of the thread, the bs accusations that we're racists is.. Which has been proven wrong numerous times.

Wait a couple of hours, another opportunity to call Republicans racist will appear and you can then carry on where you left off and ignore facts.
pathetic is a good word...

Old 01-31-2010, 06:22 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I answered the question about Jesse Jackson--it's because he's a racist, and we don't want racists in office.
That's nonsense.

It's a way to not admit that democrats chose to elect white southern males instead of a black guy.

I love how liberals accuse republicans of being racist for not voting in blacks. But then have an excuse when to do the same thing.

not only are liberals the most racist people I have ever met they are also the most hypocritical.

I nominate your answer as the most pathetic ever.

It's really rather simple. If a republican is racist for not voting for a black guy then a democrat must be a racist for not voting in a black guy. Anything else is just rationalizing your own racism.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:43 PM

Seriously, you would want us to elect a racist to national office? Racism against any party is wrong, not just blacks. Republicans have few people in office that are non-white, however, you don't just gloss over the blacks.

The problem with your suggestion is that you picked ONE specific example, while ignoring the blacks that have been voted into office.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
The problem with your suggestion is that you picked ONE specific example, while ignoring the blacks that have been voted into office.
Isnt that what this whole thread is about? Ignoring the blacks that have been voted into office?

Old 01-31-2010, 06:49 PM

There has been one black voted in by the Republicans. One.

The Democrats have not only elected a number of blacks, but people of Asian ethnicity and Hispanics.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:52 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
There are ZERO black Republicans in the US Congress. Why is that? The logical answer is that the Republican base is racist.
I believe they all been bought off by the democrats with our tax dollars

Old 01-31-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
There has been one black voted in by the Republicans. One.

The Democrats have not only elected a number of blacks, but people of Asian ethnicity and Hispanics.
Where do you get your mis-information... Just a beginning list of REPUBLICANS in Congress..

Edward Brooke, very first black elected to US Senate..
Or Blanche Bruce, the first black to serve a full term in Senate.
and Oscar Stanton de Priest, US Rep from Illinois
Robert Brown Elliott, US Rep from South Carolina
Melvin H Evans, US Rep from US Virgin islands
Gary Franks, US Rep from Connecticut
Jeremiah Haralson, US Rep from Alabama
John Adams Hyman, US Rep from NC
John Mercer Langston, US Rep from Virginia
Jefferson Franklin Long, US Rep from Georgia
John Roy Lynch, US Rep from Mississippi
Thomas Ezekiel Miller, US Rep from SC
George Washington Murray, US Rep from SC
Charles Edmund Nash, US Rep from Louisiana
Joseph H Rainey, US Rep from SC and the first black to serve in the US Rep
James T Rapier, US Rep from Alabama
Hiram Rhodes Revels, US Senator from Mississippi
Jack E Robinson III, US Senate from Massachusetts

And there are numerous others..

Old 01-31-2010, 07:10 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Seriously, you would want us to elect a racist to national office? Racism against any party is wrong, not just blacks. Republicans have few people in office that are non-white, however, you don't just gloss over the blacks.

You're right. It is much better to use non-specific generalites that real examples.

I never thought Jackson was racist. I think he is of low moral character but racist? I don't know. Maybe he is.

And the problem with this entire thread is that ignores the millions of blacks that have been associated with the republican party.

Basically the Progressive argument is something like this:

republicans are racist for passing up on opportunities to elect blacks. When a Progressive passes on the opportunity to vote for a black there is a sound, justifibale reason.

And don't use specifics. Lets talk in make-believe generalities and assumptions. Why bother with real life examples when we can use make-believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies