Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Because the majority of black voters are Democrat based. Locked into the entitlement programs, the Democratic base pushes more and more.

The minority of blacks in the Republican party are ridiculed for not being one of them. The masses.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:57 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
I started to respond again and thought, what a race baiting thread. Nevermind.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:58 AM

757 posts, read 802,949 times
So according to you blacks are just ignorant and easily misled? Maybe it's exactly that mindset that turns blacks off to the GOP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
No, the logical answer is the democrats have pulled the wool over the eyes of the black population so long with their pandering vote who,re approach to politics that blacks by majority have preferred the coo laid to the bread. If a black ran for office on the conservative side he would have a very good chance of winning. Don't think there aren't black conservaties out there my friend. Let me give you a good piece of advice. Those black conservatives are doing very well.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:01 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
The logic used for this thread is just absolutely terrible. If the OP seriously believes republicans--a title to a political party whose loosely defined beliefs may vary from person to person -- are racist, then there is no reason to even try to have any input here.

Its like telling someone they're racist because they aren't in an interracial marriage or telling someone they're anti-gay simply because they didn't participate in a Gay Pride parade.

Wtf is up with these other minorities having such an inferiority complex? We Asians don't seem to have that issue.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:02 AM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times
I believe they have allowed themselves to be mislead, I don't think they are ignorant. I think they have allowed themselves to be shepherded by rhetoric instead of being as independent thinking as they might have been. I believe conservatives offer that ability to all people. HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF J.C. WATTS? One of your fellow Oklahomans and a former representative of yours. A very bright guy.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:03 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
The logic used for this thread is just absolutely terrible. If the OP seriously believes republicans--a title to a political party whose loosely defined beliefs may vary from person to person -- are racist, then there is no reason to even try to have any input here.

Its like telling someone they're racist because they aren't in an interracial marriage or telling someone they're anti-gay simply because they didn't participate in a Gay Pride parade.

Wtf is up with these other minorities having such an inferiority complex? We Asians don't seem to have that issue.

It's been pounded in their heads by Democrats.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:05 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,447,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
There are ZERO black Republicans in the US Congress. Why is that? The logical answer is that the Republican base is racist.
Ummm, ever heard of Michael Steele, the HEAD of the Republican Party? Last time I checked, he was black.

While there might not currently be any in Congress, Edward Brooke (MA), Blanche Brook (MS), Pearl Burris Floyd (NC), Henry Cheatham (NC),Oscar Stanton DePriest (IL), Robert Brown Elliott (SC),Gary Franks (CT),Jeremiah Haralson (AL), John Hyman Adams (NC),John Mercer Langston (VA),Jefferson Franklin Long (GA),John Roy Lynch (MS),Thomas Ezekial Miller (SC),George Washington Murray (SC),Charles Edmund Nash (LA),Joseph H. Rainey (SC),James T. Rapier (AL),Hiram Rhodes Revels (MS), and J.C. Watts (OK) were all Republicans and in Congress.

Also, lets not forget Condolezza Rice, Colin Powell (where is he lately?),
and many others from this list List of African-American Republicans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By your reasoning it appears the black Republicans have a bigger problem getting NORTHERNERS to vote for them. Seems many were candidates but not elected.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:06 AM

757 posts, read 802,949 times
So is the same true of all minorities who typically vote Democrat? Could it maybe be that those groups feel the Democratic Party best represents their issues and concerns? Ask Colin Powell if he was "ridiculed" by Democrats or Republicans for speaking out against Iraq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because the majority of black voters are Democrat based. Locked into the entitlement programs, the Democratic base pushes more and more.

The minority of blacks in the Republican party are ridiculed for not being one of them. The masses.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:06 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Why would Democrats vote for a Republican? The question put forth is why do REPUBLICANS not elect BLACK REPUBLICANS to be their representatives in the US Congress?
The democrats in this county have voted for republicans they just wont vote for the black man West

Thats ok West barely lost last election. Hes going to take it this time

But I am done have fun in your race baiting thread with your attempt to label republicans racist while ignoring there is racist in both parties.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:07 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It's been pounded in their heads by Democrats.
I lean liberal left on most social issues (and conservative right on fiscal issues) and I've never been pounded with anything----I really don't think these complexes are party-based. Some people just don't have their head on straight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies