U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2010, 11:15 AM
 
Location: stairway to heaven
1,136 posts, read 630,133 times
Reputation: 242

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
I said JC Watts was the last black Republican in the US Congress. I also said that was in the 90's.
'Thanks for making my point that there are NO black Republicans currently serving in the US Congress. JC Watts was the last. That was in the 90's. Condi and Powell both were APPOINTED. Neither was an elected official.'
That still kinda blows your sh.t and i do mean sh.t out of the water race boy. At some point Oklahomans in a majority saw a worthwhile man of like philosophy and thought he was of merit to place into congress. I f they had been racist they clearly could not have gotten him in congress.

FAct is sir you are a race baite rand mot a very good one. It is in fact people like yourself that keep the pot stirred and feed into the ugliness of it all that are to blame for things being as negative between the races as they are.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 01-18-2010, 11:24 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
75,594 posts, read 39,280,500 times
Reputation: 17085
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Could it maybe be that those groups feel the Democratic Party best represents their issues and concerns?

So, you make that grounds to scream racism, towards the Republican political party?

Ignorance is not something that is taught.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-18-2010, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
77,813 posts, read 91,686,260 times
Reputation: 48828
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
There are ZERO black Republicans in the US Congress. Why is that? The logical answer is that the Republican base is racist.
no, the Republican party has primarily whites, that is true and most blacks are democrats but that is not saying we are racists. That is a racist statement you just made. I think OK boy, I would address that question to J>C. Watt if I were you...

Nita
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-18-2010, 11:26 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
75,594 posts, read 39,280,500 times
Reputation: 17085
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Try to be remotely accurate. His involvement in the KKK was in the 1940's. Over 60 years ago.

Raise the issue, but at least be credible. Jeesh.

And your point?

The guy is a flat up racist.

His record speaks for itself. Your saying he is not creditable?
Denial, is not a river in Egypt.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-18-2010, 11:33 AM
 
6,018 posts, read 7,225,096 times
Reputation: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Really... racist?
Senator Byrd, a high ranking KKK member is a democrat.
MLK was a republican, before JFK talked him into the entitlement programs set up by the Democrats, to get all blacks on welfare.
trent lott, strom thurmond, lee atwater, council of conservative citizens,oh yeah senator NO aka jesse helms(a conservative that helped shape conservatismin the republican party) that u gave praise to when he died has been going against civil rights legislation since he was a CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRAT. face it the republican party took on the south their main base is the south, and they now have their roots in conservative democrat history.

DC stevenson a indiana GOVENOR who switched from the democratic party to the republican party that was the tip of it.


MLK was not a republican how can a socialist-commie be a conservative, robert byrd was a conservative, u sound like hannity lol

There hasn't been many black republicans elected in anything since reconstruction, there has been more black democrats elected than black republicans
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-18-2010, 11:36 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
75,594 posts, read 39,280,500 times
Reputation: 17085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe one day a white Republican could vote for a black candidate. You are proving the OPs point.

They have in the past. Why have they not recently? Could be as an American, they have not found that American in touch with the pulse of the economy, that supports free thinking and individualism, as other candidates running for that office. Politics is just a popularity contest, nothing else.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-18-2010, 11:37 AM
 
6,018 posts, read 7,225,096 times
Reputation: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Ummm, ever heard of Michael Steele, the HEAD of the Republican Party? Last time I checked, he was black.

While there might not currently be any in Congress, Edward Brooke (MA), Blanche Brook (MS), Pearl Burris Floyd (NC), Henry Cheatham (NC),Oscar Stanton DePriest (IL), Robert Brown Elliott (SC),Gary Franks (CT),Jeremiah Haralson (AL), John Hyman Adams (NC),John Mercer Langston (VA),Jefferson Franklin Long (GA),John Roy Lynch (MS),Thomas Ezekial Miller (SC),George Washington Murray (SC),Charles Edmund Nash (LA),Joseph H. Rainey (SC),James T. Rapier (AL),Hiram Rhodes Revels (MS), and J.C. Watts (OK) were all Republicans and in Congress.

Also, lets not forget Condolezza Rice, Colin Powell (where is he lately?),
and many others from this list List of African-American Republicans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By your reasoning it appears the black Republicans have a bigger problem getting NORTHERNERS to vote for them. Seems many were candidates but not elected.
thats whats he's talking about congress, and there hasnt been many the last one is JC WATTS who ran as a conservative in the OK state, of course theres many black republicans but 90% to 10% is a huge chunk
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-18-2010, 11:38 AM
 
6,018 posts, read 7,225,096 times
Reputation: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They have in the past. Why have they not recently? Could be as an American, they have not found that American in touch with the pulse of the economy, that supports free thinking and individualism, as other candidates running for that office. Politics is just a popularity contest, nothing else.

they only have done that to vote against a democrat or a democrat whos black, like when they had a republican black guy run against obama in chicago
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-18-2010, 11:40 AM
 
Location: stairway to heaven
1,136 posts, read 630,133 times
Reputation: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
trent lott, strom thurmond, lee atwater, council of conservative citizens,oh yeah senator NO aka jesse helms(a conservative that helped shape conservatismin the republican party) that u gave praise to when he died has been going against civil rights legislation since he was a CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRAT. face it the republican party took on the south their main base is the south, and they now have their roots in conservative democrat history.

DC stevenson a indiana GOVENOR who switched from the democratic party to the republican party that was the tip of it.


MLK was not a republican how can a socialist-commie be a conservative, robert byrd was a conservative, u sound like hannity lol

There hasn't been many black republicans elected in anything since reconstruction, there has been more black democrats elected than black republicans
That is because it is a philosophy not a condition of race. The democrats have placed that seed in the minds of blacks and it grew with a vengeance.

They are philosophies and I will break it down to its lowest common ednominator for you. One philosophy believes it is the strength of the individual that leads to the greater strength of the whole and one believes it is the strength of the whole that leads to the greater strength of the individual

That is it in a nutshell friend and anyone that tries to tell you any different is trying to sell you a bill of good. You have already bought into a lot of rotton goods. How many times do they have to hand you the bag before you don't have to look inside any more to know it is rotten?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-18-2010, 11:46 AM
 
6,018 posts, read 7,225,096 times
Reputation: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
That is because it is a philosophy not a condition of race. The democrats have placed that seed in the minds of blacks and it grew with a vengeance.

They are philosophies and I will break it down to its lowest common ednominator for you. One philosophy believes it is the strength of the individual that leads to the greater strength of the whole and one believes it is the strength of the whole that leads to the greater strength of the individual

That is it in a nutshell friend and anyone that tries to tell you any different is trying to sell you a bill of good. You have already bought into a lot of rotton goods. How many times do they have to hand you the bag before you don't have to look inside any more to know it is rotten?

that's your opinion blacks are not gonna vote for GOP period, racial polarization in the 60's you kill yourselves. Jackie Robinson a lifelong republican was mocked and shouted down at a republican rally he became an independent.

Quote:
From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top