Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 03:34 PM

1,793 posts, read 3,347,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
There are ZERO black Republicans in the US Congress. Why is that? The logical answer is that the Republican base is racist.
Well...as a Republican, I tend to think that Black Americans label other black politicians as "uncle toms" if they are not part of the entitlement party. I recall, years ago, how Justice Thomas was being touted as such among some in the black community (Sharptom comes to mind, though I can't be certain he was among them). Just a thought.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:37 PM

12 posts, read 20,028 times
michael steele is a chairman he is not elected to congress

Old 01-31-2010, 03:40 PM

757 posts, read 802,609 times
Michael Steele was APPOINTED. That too has been pointed out several times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
Didn't waste time reading the entirety of this senseless thread... so excuse me if someone already pointed out that the GOP Chairman is black.

Michael Steele - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gosh I thought even the idiots knew that by now.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:42 PM

12 posts, read 20,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
Well...as a Republican, I tend to think that Black Americans label other black politicians as "uncle toms" if they are not part of the entitlement party. I recall, years ago, how Justice Thomas was being touted as such among some in the black community (Sharptom comes to mind, though I can't be certain he was among them). Just a thought.
-Well, Justice thomas has some strange views to say the least, no normal black person would vote for such an idiot, its not like he is more moderate like say colin powel or even condi.
-Take Alan Keyes for example, he ran for the republicans, I watched the debate and it even seemed like the moderator of the forum was racist to him because for whatever reason he was given less time than all the other candidates to respond to ALL the questions. Its bs like that, that makes a black person say well I guess all my friends were right republicans are racist. mind you alan keyes is no barack obama, but there were alot worse candidates than alan

Old 01-31-2010, 03:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
Didn't waste time reading the entirety of this senseless thread... so excuse me if someone already pointed out that the GOP Chairman is black.

Michael Steele - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gosh I thought even the idiots knew that by now.
Quote:
Michael Steele was APPOINTED. That too has been pointed out several times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookerTea View Post
michael steele is a chairman he is not elected to congress
Now checking.. you should know by now that nonsense threads like this always have selective targets..

"black" "Republicans" "Congress"

If Democrats arent so racist, why havent they ever had a black chairman, a black secretary of state (while Republicans have had two), why havent they ever nominated a black to the supreme court.. you know how it is.. Democrats like to pick and choose their argument as if the RNC should go out and find their token black guy for Congress and people dont decide what party on their own to run under.

The only thing more pathetic than calling Republicans racist for not having a black congressman, is one who runs around looking at individuals color of skin for a qualifier. It seems this thread is full of those that do, and ironic they tend to be liberal/democrats.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:00 PM

Republicans said during the campaign that Obama was a Muslim terrorist. That he was a communist. That he was a Nazi. That he was a radical black Christian. Endless attempts to demonize and dehumanize the man. Claimed he hates America."Pall'd around with terrorists. All that nonsense about flag pins and covering his heart during the national anthem. Racists often believe that non whites are inferior and not their equals. Is it REALLY such a stretch to suggest the Republican base doesn't elect black Republicans because they dislike people who are black and do not feel they're qualified to represent them as a result? Is it really such a stretch to suggest black people are smart enough to figure that out on their own?

Old 01-31-2010, 04:02 PM

As has been pointed out, those positions are appointed. They do not require the Republican base to vote them into power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Now checking.. you should know by now that nonsense threads like this always have selective targets..

"black" "Republicans" "Congress"

If Democrats arent so racist, why havent they ever had a black chairman, a black secretary of state (while Republicans have had two), why havent they ever nominated a black to the supreme court.. you know how it is.. Democrats like to pick and choose their argument as if the RNC should go out and find their token black guy for Congress and people dont decide what party on their own to run under.

The only thing more pathetic than calling Republicans racist for not having a black congressman, is one who runs around looking at individuals color of skin for a qualifier. It seems this thread is full of those that do, and ironic they tend to be liberal/democrats.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Republicans said during the campaign that Obama was a Muslim terrorist. That he was a communist. That he was a Nazi. That he was a radical black Christian. Endless attempts to demonize and dehumanize the man. Claimed he hates America."Pall'd around with terrorists. All that nonsense about flag pins and covering his heart during the national anthem. Racists often believe that non whites are inferior and not their equals. Is it REALLY such a stretch to suggest the Republican base doesn't elect black Republicans because they dislike people who are black and do not feel they're qualified to represent them as a result? Is it really such a stretch to suggest black people are smart enough to figure that out on their own?
I'd say its more of a stretch to pretend that Democrats arent racist.. We can sight things like. Lynn Swann, Republican nomination for Governor of Pennsylvania, who didnt win the election because DEMOCRATS didnt elect him..

Many of the other bs listed was started by, or continued by Democrats..Nazi is a prime example of this, or had grounds, such as "pallin around with terrorists".. As if Bill Ayers isnt a terrorist.. He brought most of that bs on by himself. Hell at one point he called himself a muslim..

Old 01-31-2010, 04:21 PM

Democrats supported the DEMOCRATIC incumbent Governor Ed Rendell. It's also worth noting that Swann had no opposition in the Republican primaries. I don't remember many Democrats calling Bush a terrorist. I suppose some did after he invaded the sovereign country of Iraq. Questioning not only his patriotism but his citizenship? Bush was called many things, but no one engaged in the kind of rhetoric Republicans used and still use against Obama.

quote=pghquest;12697269]I'd say its more of a stretch to pretend that Democrats arent racist.. We can sight things like. Lynn Swann, Republican nomination for Governor of Pennsylvania, who didnt win the election because DEMOCRATS didnt elect him..

Many of the other bs listed was started by, or continued by Democrats..Nazi is a prime example of this, or had grounds, such as "pallin around with terrorists".. As if Bill Ayers isnt a terrorist.. He brought most of that bs on by himself. Hell at one point he called himself a muslim..[/quote]

Old 01-31-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
As has been pointed out, those positions are appointed. They do not require the Republican base to vote them into power.
Actually they arent appointed, one indeed runs for this position and its voted on.. Just not by the general public..

Whoever said its an appointed position proves they dont have a dam clue, and judging from the posters here, that is lots and lots of liberal democrats..

But since the topic is "black Republicans in Congress", lets point out facts.. lets point them out how black Republicans actually did represent in Congress

Edward Brooke, very first black elected to US Senate..
Or Blanche Bruce, the first black to serve a full term in Senate.
and Oscar Stanton de Priest, US Rep from Illinois
Robert Brown Elliott, US Rep from South Carolina
Melvin H Evans, US Rep from US Virgin islands
Gary Franks, US Rep from Connecticut
Jeremiah Haralson, US Rep from Alabama
John Adams Hyman, US Rep from NC
John Mercer Langston, US Rep from Virginia
Jefferson Franklin Long, US Rep from Georgia
John Roy Lynch, US Rep from Mississippi
Thomas Ezekiel Miller, US Rep from SC
George Washington Murray, US Rep from SC
Charles Edmund Nash, US Rep from Louisiana
Joseph H Rainey, US Rep from SC and the first black to serve in the US Rep

Republicans have the first minorities in both the House, Senate, 2 Secretary of states, etc..which makes me wonder why Democrats always way for Republicans to be "first" on these issues? I bet its because Democrats are all racists!!!

And I'd continue because there are dozens upon dozens more, but you get the picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.