Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 06:02 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Let me get this straight. You see the name hussein and think terrorist and you are calling Beck a racist? LMAO!
Yes I called Beck a racist. As for you and your use of the name Hussein, you're fooling only yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Could you offer up a valid definition of "hubacious"? I couldn't find it in any dictionary.
LOLOLOL Think "Ginormous"

Old 01-18-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
That would be an outright lie and people reading my threads will know it.
People know it? Who are "people". I most certainly do not. You continue to insist upon calling Obama by his middle name. And you and everyone else knows why you do it.

Quote:
You will not be able to provide one statement by me that I use that name for that purpose.
Of course not. You won't admit the obvious.

Quote:
Should I report your lie (which is a direct personal attack) or would you prefer to retract it?
Facts are what they are.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:11 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
I'm fine with ideas. I'm not however, going to rely on the racist pig Beck to provide them. I welcome those of true conservatives. Beck is anything but. He's a sham artist.
Well, how come so-called black leaders (the ones that go on TV) never speak publicly of successful black businessmen or scientists, for example. Why does it take Glenn Beck to give them the opportunity to speak to a large audience? Why don't we see and hear more of that man from the National Black Chamber of Commerce who testified before Congress and told off Barbara Boxer? Did they have him on any of the other news channels?

Old 01-18-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, you are racist!

What did you disagree with?
Go back and read.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:13 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No links there either. Just opinions
Mularkey. I just did a search for "Glenn Beck racist muslim ganges river" and though the first few links were opinion the content regarding what Beck said were fact.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:38 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Have Republicans(1965-today) done any better? I think not.
Republicans have failed because they were cowards afraid to do the right thing.

The best thing to have done was nothing other than making education more available.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:27 PM

6,826 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Things went sour between blacks and republicans when republicans decided to side with southern whites during the late 60's. The ones that felt separate but equal was fine and felt the feds had no business poking into state affairs. There has been a huge distrust between the two every since. Another misconception many pubs feel is that they have to offer blacks some freebies in order for them to join the party. This is a bunch of crock. A middle class black has the same concerns as a middle class white. Even high ranking black members in the republican party speak of how hard it is to change the republican party mindset. To president Bush's credit he did make a attempt to mend the fences but it fizzled out pretty quickly. I know plenty of Republicans and to a man they never admit that the party has done very little to recruit black members. The best thing that could happen to blacks in this country is to have a 50/50 split between the membership the parties. When any group supports only one party they will not get the representation they need. The point of the matter is the Republican party has conceded the black vote to the Democrats and have done nothing to fix it. To see the total of disregard of blacks just wait until the next election. They will be going after the hispanic vote with a passion and will totally ignore the black vote once again. You just wait and see.

Last edited by Grainraiser; 01-18-2010 at 07:39 PM..

Old 01-18-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Well, how come so-called black leaders (the ones that go on TV) never speak publicly of successful black businessmen or scientists, for example. ?
Link?

Old 01-18-2010, 10:00 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Republicans have failed because they were cowards afraid to do the right thing.

The best thing to have done was nothing other than making education more available.
They could have made education more available. That wasn't the only problem. The Republican party might have been the party of abolition, but times have changed. The Republican party has opposed much of the Civil Rights legislation, especially Reagan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies