Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama voters only. Did you know he wanted HC reform
YES 39 86.67%
NO 5 11.11%
Did not notice 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:44 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstersmom View Post
America was not based on Americans paying for other Americans healthcare. If they are working and are not low-income (receiving Medicaid) this Republican bill offers low-cost health insurance. Enough already with expecting hand-outs.
Do you think Canada and Europe.... But they have evolved and found a more efficient and fiscally responsible way of running their health care system. We pay twice as much and get less. Government is like a business. If you don't evolve you die. Please provide some references that show the Republicans low cost private insurance plan. Is it the $20k deductible plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 08:55 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I want to know who voted for the President that was not aware he was going to try to reform HC. I keep hearing the right say everyone hates HC reform I just dont believe people who voted for the President feel this way. This is going to be a public poll so no tricks gop I will see you and I know who most of you are
I will respect your poll and not vote. I don't think there are many americans that don't want some form of health care reform. What we don't want is this albatross of a bill that throws the baby out with the bathwater. There is no reason to overhaul the entire system to fix some small, albeit important, problems with our current system.

Perhaps had there actually been a bipartisan effort and debate, we would have a bill that the majority of the citizens actually wants. Obama gave WAY too much leeway to Pelosi and Reid to craft this bill, and it's backfiring.

What people seem to fail to recognize is that while HCR is important, NOW is not the time to focus all of our congressional energy on it. Americans want some meaningful attention paid to jobs and the deficit/economy. THAT is their #1 priority, not HCR. Why do you think that 32% of the population feels our economy is heading in the wrong direction? We are not focusing on the things that most americans feel are important right now.
There is a time and place to discuss HCR, but this administration knows the reality that if they don't pass it before November, they won't have 100% say in how it's crafted. Hence, they push it through now. I doubt they were expecting the possibility of Brown winning in MA. I credit his popularity with this insane push for HCR right now.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:23 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I will respect your poll and not vote. I don't think there are many americans that don't want some form of health care reform. What we don't want is this albatross of a bill that throws the baby out with the bathwater. There is no reason to overhaul the entire system to fix some small, albeit important, problems with our current system.

Perhaps had there actually been a bipartisan effort and debate, we would have a bill that the majority of the citizens actually wants. Obama gave WAY too much leeway to Pelosi and Reid to craft this bill, and it's backfiring.

What people seem to fail to recognize is that while HCR is important, NOW is not the time to focus all of our congressional energy on it. Americans want some meaningful attention paid to jobs and the deficit/economy. THAT is their #1 priority, not HCR. Why do you think that 32% of the population feels our economy is heading in the wrong direction? We are not focusing on the things that most americans feel are important right now.
There is a time and place to discuss HCR, but this administration knows the reality that if they don't pass it before November, they won't have 100% say in how it's crafted. Hence, they push it through now. I doubt they were expecting the possibility of Brown winning in MA. I credit his popularity with this insane push for HCR right now.

Considering the massive impact those without insurance or without adequate insurance have on the overall economy, the two are directly connected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies