Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 04:07 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Sure, whatever you say.
Yeah I said it. I live in sc let the good ole flag wavers try to start it again with sucession. I will be in the Northern army helping to stomp thier racist guts out. This time at the end no quarter all treason supporters killed on the spot. That stupid flag brings a raging hate out of me. Keep it up though,waving that flag calling us the N word killing little girls with bombs all that stuff is why we have and will continue to overcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 04:08 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,009,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Spot on.
I found it baseless, inflamatory, and ill willed.

Wasn't treason, or ONLY over slavery.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Spot on.
Whats so spot on about it? The south lost but cant get it through thier heads. They will lose again and this time no love fest at the end.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Yeah I said it. I live in sc let the good ole flag wavers try to start it again with sucession. I will be in the Northern army helping to stomp thier racist guts out. This time at the end no quarter all treason supporters killed on the spot. That stupid flag brings a raging hate out of me. Keep it up though,waving that flag calling us the N word killing little girls with bombs all that stuff is why we have and will continue to overcome.
If that day ever comes there won't even BE an America, it would be so fractured it would be unsalvagable. But if the south takes a pro-States Rights stance, I'd side with it.

And the N-word with bombing little girls? That only happened (the bombing anyway) over 50 years ago in Birmingham, Alabama and not once since that occasion.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:15 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Whats so spot on about it? The south lost but cant get it through thier heads. They will lose again and this time no love fest at the end.
I was talking about you being spot on.

Sorry for the confusion.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
If that day ever comes there won't even BE an America, it would be so fractured it would be unsalvagable. But if the south takes a pro-States Rights stance, I'd side with it.

And the N-word with bombing little girls? That only happened (the bombing anyway) over 50 years ago in Birmingham, Alabama and not once since that occasion.
I have a question for you? why is it that people like you want states rights so bad. what are you hoping to gain from it? What practice do you want to engage in that is federally protected?

Old 05-23-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I was talking about you being spot on.

Sorry for the confusion.
Thank you for clearing that up. Sorry for the red face.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:16 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
I found it baseless, inflamatory, and ill willed.

Wasn't treason, or ONLY over slavery.
Call it what you want.

The South formed a gang and attacked America.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
I have a question for you? why is it that people like you want states rights so bad. what are you hoping to gain from it? What practice do you want to engage in that is federally protected?
Quite the contrary, before the Civil War, the states had a real say in what happened in this country, it's the LACK of oppressive federal ommission or protection that is the beauty of it, with the over-reaching monster that our government has become today, it sure would be a breath of fresh air. It is about getting back to what the founders intended.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Call it what you want.

The South formed a gang and attacked America.
After the White House refused to approach Confederate Peace Offers.

But it wasn't "ganging up" like you say.

[LEFT]On 25 February 1861, Davis and Toombs dispatched A.B. Roman, Martin J. Crawford, and John Forsyth to Washington to negotiate a peaceful separation and the evacuation of all federal property in the Confederacy. Two days later, Toombs sent William Lowndes Yancey, Pierre A. Rost, and Ambrose Dudley Mann to Europe to secure de jure recognition of the Confederate States of America and treaties of amity and commerce. No thought was given to establishing permanent missions in Washington or any European capital.
Not surprisingly, Roman, Forsyth, and Crawford—who arrived in Washington in early March—had no success there. Seward refused to meet with the commissioners or to arrange a meeting with Lincoln, which they had requested. Unwilling, however, to antagonize the agents, Seward maintained contact through a third party. He assured the Confederates that the Union would not attempt to coerce the seceded states into returning to the Union and still hoped that a peaceful reunion was possible. On 8 April, after a month of waiting impatiently and distrusting Seward's assurance of Lincoln's commitment to the maintenance of peace, Crawford informed Davis of rumors that Lincoln was committed to war. A few days later the three Confederates returned home.

Read more: http://www.americanforeignrelations.com/A-D/Civil-War-Diplomacy-Confederate-agents-in-washington-and-europe.html#ixzz0onHLj2Qx
[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies