Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:56 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,200,144 times

Advertisements

Southerners are NOT anti American.

To the contrary - they are VERY American - VERY Patriotic - will be the first in line to volunteer if there is the need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 02:04 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,558,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I don't have to shut anything up pal. This is America, and if I want to profess my dislike of that ugly flag, then I'll do just that. If you don't like freedom of speech, then maybe you get out.
I agree.

That flag is uglier than horse **** but people have the right to fly that disgusting flag.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:04 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,627,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
That's a good question. Made me stop & think for a minute. But I don't think gay flags are being flown from public buildings or schools, etc. Right?
I'm sure they're not being flown from schools. I don't know if they're being flown from public buildings, although they are flying on the city streets which are maintained by public tax dollars. But the point is that the Confederate Flag being talked about in this news story is flying on a Confederate monument. It would seem to not be out of place or inappropriate.

Quote:
Also gay people are not anti-America like some Southerns are. To be racist is anti-American but to be gay isn't.
That's a big value judgement you're making. Plus, to call the Confederate Flag a "racist flag" is quite a stretch. There are millions of Southerners who like the flag because they believe it represents their region and their history; they're not racists.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:05 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,355,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I agree.

That flag is uglier than horse **** but people have the right to fly that disgusting flag.
But not on public land\ buildings. Private racism is ok but not public racism.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:07 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,018,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Maybe you don't realize it, but that's the third personal attack you've made against his age. Isn't that enough?
Personal attack? When I know for a fact he IS a teenager? Since when is stating fact an attack?
Last I checked...teenager's brains ARE still developing...unless said teenager/adult has stopped learning somehow?

Quote:
Big problem is that confederates killed Americans. Nothing to be proud of unless a person is an enemy of America.
And Americans killed Confederates, both killed each other to the tune that the Civil War was the deadliest war of ALL American wars, including WWII.

Thats what happens in a war. People die.
When you have a war where the issues are so heated that it can make FAMILIES split apart and kill each other, it becomes that much worse.

I imagine this thread will get bigger, but, Im going to bed for now.
'Night ya'll.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:10 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,627,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Personal attack? When I know for a fact he IS a teenager? Since when is stating fact an attack?
Last I checked...teenager's brains ARE still developing...unless said teenager/adult has stopped learning somehow?
Just try to attack the message and not the messenger, please.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:13 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,355,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post

And Americans killed Confederates, both killed each other to the tune that the Civil War was the deadliest war of ALL American wars, including WWII.

Thats what happens in a war. People die.
When you have a war where the issues are so heated that it can make FAMILIES split apart and kill each other, it becomes that much worse.

I imagine this thread will get bigger, but, Im going to bed for now.
'Night ya'll.
Good night, Colddiamond, I can't argue with a woman anyway [goes against my nature]. And teenagers are still developing physically more than mentally btw.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:14 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,200,144 times
Quote:
But not on public land\ buildings. Private racism is ok but not public racism.
When you say you are opposed to "public" racism, do you support a persons right to fly the Stars and Bars from a flag pole, situated on say my property, when it is visible to the "public"?

Old 01-19-2010, 06:06 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,023,348 times
Quote:
Disagree entirely. Confederates killed Americans just like Nazi & Japanese killed Americans. Now some Arabs kill Americans. The Confederates are not American.
Pretty much every native American tribe in the new world also killed early Americans.. Per your standards, are they also subhuman and unAmerican? As a matter of fact, from this country's conception up until the 1880s there were dozens of wars and skirmishes with tribes in the East and on the Plains. Indeed attitudes like yours were largely behind those conflicts.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:50 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,273,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I live in Florida, and grew up down here watching Rednecks drive around with that flag. They were all idiots and bigots who said ****** all the time.
Yeah, as opposed to up North in the suburbs where they just lower their voices and whisper, "You know.... black people ".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies