Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 PM

20,322 posts, read 19,905,966 times

Advertisements

DU! That site's a riot. Especially in the GD sections.

If you go to conservativeunderground.com they have a "best of DU" section.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 01:02 PM

626 posts, read 992,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

Absolutely correct and one of the reasons that fiscal conservatives are so unhappy with the Republican party. Yet, Obama and the current round of Dems in power take all of these issues and ramp up the mistakes by an order of magnitude. Dumb and dumber...so much for change.
So toss aside your party affiliation. That's what I've done. The Republican party is lost.

We need fundamental changes to corporate law. And for that to happen, we need a large number of Americans to understand that this is an EXTREMELY important issue. So stop bickering with Democrats over trivial details while the boat sinks. This is FAR more important than which party is in control.

2,011 posts, read 3,877,261 times
Well if the Democrats are so upset, that can only be a good thing. I am not a Republican.

1,902 posts, read 2,467,262 times
Typical of the intolerant leftist. They have already shown their violent side, I'm sure we will start to see much more if it in the next few years.

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Per pretty much all Republicans, Democrats aren't the party of fiscal responsibility, whereas Republicans are. If they can't cash in on that then you can't really call Democratic voters hypocrites regarding that.
when a democrat points to republicans and complains about running up the debt, yes you can.

and I did.

and I also believe republicans have spent like democrats of late.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:15 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
when a democrat points to republicans and complains about running up the debt, yes you can.

and I did.

and I also believe republicans have spent like democrats of late.
I disagree. If Republicans are saying that they're the party of fiscal responsibility and they fail, I have no incentive to ever vote for them.

If the Democrats don't, who cares, I didn't vote for them for that specific purpose.

People aren't born with D's or R's on their forehead, it's possible this individuals vote may have been burnt in the past for voting for supposedly fiscally responsible Republicans.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:27 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,243,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
This is the very problem.

I know some Republicans who will accept that the economic downturn in this country, that one of the two wars we are fighting was needless and caused by their party, and that the same leaders they have now who are calling for fiscal responsiblity and government transperency, are the exact same leaders who doubled our national debt, held most congressional meetings behind closed doors, and dolled out "no bid" contracts to businesses that were closely alligned with their own interests.

However, you seem to not blame the Republican party at all. Democrats have a point. When Clinton left office, the economy wasn't great, but it sure as hell wasn't in the mess as when the present administration took office.

Read this closesly.

No President in history has ever lowered taxes during a time of war, save one, President George W. Bush.

That includes several other Republican Presidents.

Now the Dems aren't blameless. They went right along with the war in Iraq, and a lot of other stupid things they signed off on. The current congress and President aren't saints either, signing secret deals to try and get a healthcare bill passed, bailing out automakers who needed to declare bankruptcy, and several other things.

However, I will say that a lot of what they are doing, and spending, is here at home. Not to some over seas conglomerate of war profiteers.

So before you start the "typical Dems blaming Repubs" for everything, look at your party real hard in the mirror. The same idiots who are leading you down the primrose path now, are the same idiots who allowed it to happen for the last 8 years to.

When we all take a moment, to step back, and look at whats best for our country, then things will get better. When we cooperate, things get better. When we learn from the past, things get better. But the man behind the elephant curtain, is still the same bunch of morons there were before. Maybe its time for a New Republican party. One thats truly conservative, and who chooses to work with the current President. Instead of being the party of "no"

I am not a Republican...I'm just tired of the finger pointing. The Republicans do it as well(especially talk radio), but since 2004 it has almost been automatic for the Dems to just blame somebody else and 99.9% of the time it is either Bush or the Republican Party. It is time to get over it, the Dems were elected to make a change and not relive the past.

Some of this is on them(Dems) for being a spineless minority, letting Bush do whatever he wanted. That is why I like what the Republicans are doing, in theory the Dems could do whatever they want but the Republicans have made it difficult for Obama to do whatever he pleases.

If the Dems had done the same just a few years ago things could be very different, but they all knew that by sitting around and blaming Bush it would help their election chances.

I do hope if Brown is elected the Republicans will go to Obama and put together sensible healthcare reform. It is a major issue, but the entire plan needs to moderated. The Republicans need to be given something that they might actually want to say "yes" to.

The American people gave the Dems a chance to change things in 2008. But all we have is more of the same and that is why they are being voted out now. The Democrats are not struggling because the Republicans are the party of "no" instead it is because they are the party of "me" and couldn't work together with the small Republican minority that was left.

They did what they wanted, raised spending and made the Goverment bigger, which were both major reasons why the Republicans were crushed in 2008. Now you expect the Republicans to continue voting that way? There is a reason why they are saying "no". Maybe the Democrats should have looked further into why they found themselves with such a huge majority, instead of thinking it was some kind of mandate for their platform.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:28 PM

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No President in history has ever lowered taxes during a time of war, save one, President George W. Bush.
Are you talking about the two tax cuts which helped the economy, helped end the recession and increased government revenue?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:30 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
"I can't remember the last time I felt such overwhelming rage... toward the Republican Party" - Democratic Underground

I especially agree with the line about fiscal responsibility, economic recovery, and governing!

Alright! The more the Democrats are pissed off, the happier I am!

Old 01-19-2010, 02:07 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,778,510 times
Quote:
"I can't remember the last time I felt such rage toward the Republican Party..." -DemocratUnderground

Get used to it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies