Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 02:26 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
I disagree. If Republicans are saying that they're the party of fiscal responsibility and they fail, I have no incentive to ever vote for them.

If the Democrats don't, who cares, I didn't vote for them for that specific purpose.

People aren't born with D's or R's on their forehead, it's possible this individuals vote may have been burnt in the past for voting for supposedly fiscally responsible Republicans.
Well you might be surprised by how many people are affiliated with a party because thats how their parents were and thats how its always been. Sort of like chevey or ford guys. You will never convince them that someone else makes a good product. After all thats what their dady owned and his before him.
As far Republicans of the last 12 years doubling the debt. Correct me if I am wrong but weren't there a few democrats in office at that time? Did't they add billions in pork every chance they got too?
No the only difference between democrats in office and republicans in office is the rhetoric they used to get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 02:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
hypocracy at its finest.

railing against republicans for running up the national debt while a democrat controlled government has THIS YEAR ALONE quadrupled it.
but don't expect them to believe that or lets put it this way, they have a reason for every penny they are spending. It is the Republicans fault they had to spend this much money. DOn't you know that??

Nita

Old 01-19-2010, 02:32 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
The republicans are not the reason for the huge increase in spending the democrats have made. However, they certainly do seem disingenuous when they start yelling about fiscal responsibility after the spending they did.

Washington is broken on both sides of the aisle.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:34 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
"I can't remember the last time I felt such overwhelming rage... toward the Republican Party" - Democratic Underground

I especially agree with the line about fiscal responsibility, economic recovery, and governing!
Gee, I must have missed something. I have NEVER read a post by you didn't show outrage toward the Republican Party.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
The republicans are not the reason for the huge increase in spending the democrats have made. However, they certainly do seem disingenuous when they start yelling about fiscal responsibility after the spending they did.

Washington is broken on both sides of the aisle.
If only we could manage to get the party hardliners on this forum to understand this undisputable fact.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Gee, I must have missed something. I have NEVER read a post by you didn't show outrage toward the Republican Party.
I am waiting to see a post where Purple admits that the other side owns a share of the blame...

Old 01-19-2010, 02:40 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Last I checked - Republicans have no power right now in Congress.

The Democrat Underground should be mad at its own party.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:45 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
"I can't remember the last time I felt such overwhelming rage... toward the Republican Party" - Democratic Underground

I especially agree with the line about fiscal responsibility, economic recovery, and governing!
When are you ever NOT enraged towards republicans? You already view republicans as hoofed demons, so what is different?

This is proof of the hypocrisy and faux outrage from the author:

"They have spent the past decade doubling the national debt, running up record deficits, indulging the depradations of Wall Street, expanding Medicare by a trillion dollars"

0bama has tripled the deficit and exploded the debt in his first 10 months, twelve times faster then any other president before him, and between 0bama and the Federal Reserve they have given trillions to Wall Street, heck most of 0bamas staff and advisers are Wall Street, and 0bama and his democrats want to cut Medicare by half a trillion dollars. The only signs of any recovery under 0bama's reign IS Wall Street.

So everything this clown says angers him about republicans, 0bama has adopted and even tripled down on.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:45 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If only we could manage to get the party hardliners on this forum to understand this undisputable fact.
Blinders are tough to get beyond.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Blinders are tough to get beyond.
Isn't that the truth. It is also why change can't happen until both democratic and republican voters start to hold their elected reps accountable for the lies and misdeeds.
As it stands the american voters are the enablers that allow it all to happen.
We make excuses for our elected reps because they are in our party.
Not so different than over indulgent parents. Johnny is a good boy it was those other kids that got him to steal that car. No Johnny is not a good boy because good boys won't steal a car no matter what his friends try to get him to do.
Reminds me of a hazing that happened a few years back. A high school football team felt it would be nice to sodomize the JV squad with pinecones.
The parents and others felt that it was misrepresented and that the boys should be allowed to play football anyway..
Our elected reps have squandered billions upon billions in total disregard of the feelings of we the people.
And yet still those party hardliners will pretend nope not our guys only the other guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies