Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you like more?
Keith Olbermann 9 29.03%
Joe Scarborough 11 35.48%
I like them both equally. 1 3.23%
I don't like either one of them. 10 32.26%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:35 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times

Advertisements

KO probably sees his ratings night after night which is probably why he's seething.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 01:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
KO probably sees his ratings night after night which is probably why he's seething.
I wonder what his ratings are like compared to Joe Scarborough's show. Anybody know?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:41 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Do you really believe it is normal? When has it ever been normal? What is normal? We can debate if it is a healthy environment to raise a kid in or not, but you cannot deny that it is not "normal".
You are confusing "common" with "normal". It's not common, but it is normal.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
“in Scott Brown we have an irresponsible, homophobic, racist, reactionary, ex-nude model, tea bagging supporter of violence against women and against politicians with whom he disagrees.” - Keith Olbermann

It's that kind of inflammatory language that turns most people off.

And aside from the other accusations, the one criticizing Brown for being an "ex-nude model" is just silly. It was 26 years ago, and he wasn't even shown fully nude! (Unfortunately. )

Old 01-19-2010, 01:48 PM

981 posts, read 805,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
This is not your neighbor or co-worker, this is a guy who wants to be the leader for all the people in his State saying that two women who want raise a child together is "just not normal". That's demeaning. And as KO mentioned, "homphobic" because it stems from homophobia.

If you are going to demean and belittle gays be prepared to have someone who cares about social justice call you on it.
Exactly.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:00 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
I do not personally care for either one of them. I only watched a couple episodes of Olbermann, one of which had some other guy hosting the Countdown who was very uninteresting. Never heard of Scarborough nor have I watched his show.

In any case I have a problem with political commentators as is, most of them build a base of hate-charged rhetoric blocking any sort of legitimate discussion..

Old 01-19-2010, 02:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
“in Scott Brown we have an irresponsible, homophobic, racist, reactionary, ex-nude model, tea bagging supporter of violence against women and against politicians with whom he disagrees.” - Keith Olbermann

It's that kind of inflammatory language that turns most people off.

And aside from the other accusations, the one criticizing Brown for being an "ex-nude model" is just silly. It was 26 years ago, and he wasn't even shown fully nude! (Unfortunately. )
AUM, I liked the little aside you closed that one with. Actually I have to agree with you completely on this one. Good thread and you have protected your thinking so well.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:14 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You are confusing "common" with "normal". It's not common, but it is normal.
Why is it normal? Do you even know what normal means?!

Normal - according with, constituting, or not deviating from a norm, rule, or principle. Conforming to a type, standard, or regular pattern. Occurring naturally.

Do you really believe that two women raising a child is normal by any standard? The "norm" is having one male parent and one female parent, because that is the only way for children to occur "naturally". Any family that does not consist of a father and mother is therefore, not normal.

You are actually confusing normal with common. It is becoming more "common" for there to be single-parent families(about 30% of all family households now), and it is more "common" to have two male or two female parents, but it not normal, and will never be normal, because it cannot occur naturally. Do you get it?

Old 01-19-2010, 02:15 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
One of the problems with the left is anytime someone disagrees they label it ---phobic. A phobia is fear of something. I don't think Brown, or anyone else who doesn't agree with a certain type of lifestyle is afraid.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:17 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
AUM, I liked the little aside you closed that one with. Actually I have to agree with you completely on this one. Good thread and you have protected your thinking so well.
That means alot comming from you who loves Glenn Beck.

//www.city-data.com/forum/10509133-post9.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/11680169-post50.html

""Watch Beck one time and then spend the rest of your life kicking yourself in the butt for not doing it sooner.

The lefties here claim they watch Beck but they see only the same clips you mentioned and really don't know chit about him.

I never miss a day of him unless I have to spend the day on those long trips to a doctor or something like that. In fact, I am getting ready right now and he is over an hour away. Hell, he got three communists thrown out of the White House group and is working on the union leaders now.""

Posting and defending Ann Coulter venom.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...o-problem.html

Roysoldboy you really care about civilized debate don't you?

Last edited by padcrasher; 01-19-2010 at 02:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies