Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you like more?
Keith Olbermann 9 29.03%
Joe Scarborough 11 35.48%
I like them both equally. 1 3.23%
I don't like either one of them. 10 32.26%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times

Advertisements

Joe Scarborough is going after a fellow MSNBC host, calling out “Countdown” host Keith Olbermann for saying Scott Brown — the Republican Senate nominee in Massachusetts — is “homophobic” and a “racist.”

“It is no longer enough to simply disagree with someone. These days some feel the need to call opponents evil. It happens on both extremes,” Scarborough tweeted. “Just as when Beck called the President racist, this sort of rhetorical extremism must be discouraged. It cheapens the debate.”

Joe vs. Keith - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

I feel like Keith Olbermann's rhetoric just becomes more extreme as time passes. His "special comments" are usually full of rage and seething.

The right wing has been criticized over the years for fanning the flames of hatred and division, but isn't Keith Olbermann doing the same thing on the left?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 01:06 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Joe Scarborough is going after a fellow MSNBC host, calling out “Countdown” host Keith Olbermann for saying Scott Brown — the Republican Senate nominee in Massachusetts — is “homophobic” and a “racist.”

Summing up his case against Brown, Olbermann concluded, “in Scott Brown we have an irresponsible, homophobic, racist, reactionary, ex-nude model, tea bagging supporter of violence against women and against politicians with whom he disagrees.”

I feel like Keith Olbermann's rhetoric just becomes more extreme as time passes. His "special comments" are usually full of rage and seething.

The right wing has been criticized over the years for fanning the flames of hatred and division, but isn't Keith Olbermann doing the same thing on the left?
yes I have to agree with Joe on this one. You can't point the finger at someone and say... "this person is going too far" if you yourself is standing right there beside them in the muck.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:10 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:

Summing up his case against Brown, Olbermann concluded, “in Scott Brown we have an irresponsible, homophobic, racist, reactionary, ex-nude model, tea bagging supporter of violence against women and against politicians with whom he disagrees.”

I think if you are not angry and seething during moments of your life about what is going on in America.....you just don't know what is going on in America.

The question should be....Are Keith Olbmermann's arguments valid or are they not?

Whether he is angry or seething is beside the point.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:13 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,078,382 times
They're both clowns but even though he's Conservative, I'd side with Scarborough on this one. But I honestly couldn't give a rat's behind about either.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:14 PM

Here's Brown questioning whether Obama was born out of wedlock.

He's lock step with right wing hate when he wants to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hecen-81w0g

Old 01-19-2010, 01:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I think if you are not angry and seething during moments of your life about what is going on in America.....you just don't know what is going on in America.
Sure, being angry sometimes is natural - but all of the time?

Quote:
The question should be....Are Keith Olbmermann's arguments valid or are they not?
More and more, I don't think his arguments are valid, and that's why I don't care for him much anymore. For example, he's accusing Scott Brown of being "homophobic" simply because Brown has said he's in favor of civil unions for same-sex couples and not "marriage". That's it. To me, it's a silly, extreme, and narrow-minded opinion from Olbermann.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:17 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,867 times
Quote:
Here's Brown questioning whether Obama was born out of wedlock.

He's lock step with right wing hate when he wants to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hecen-81w0g
Yeah, that was pretty sleazy. As if a child has any control over that anyway.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:20 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,867 times
Brown's comments certainly open him up to public ridicule on many issues.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Sure, being angry sometimes is natural - but all of the time?

More and more, I don't think his arguments are valid, and that's why I don't care for him much anymore. For example, he's accusing Scott Brown of being "homophobic" simply because Brown has said he's in favor of civil unions for same-sex couples and not "marriage". That's it. To me, it's a silly, extreme, and narrow-minded opinion from Olbermann.

This is not your neighbor or co-worker, this is a guy who wants to be the leader for all the people in his State saying that two women who want raise a child together is "just not normal". That's demeaning. And as KO mentioned, "homphobic" because it stems from homophobia.

If you are going to demean and belittle gays be prepared to have someone who cares about social justice call you on it.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:32 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
This is not your neighbor or co-worker, this is a guy who wants to be the leader for all the people in his State saying that two women who want raise a child together is "just not normal". That's demeaning. And as KO mentioned, "homphobic" because it stems from homophobia.

If you are going to demean and belittle gays be prepared to have someone who cares about social justice call you on it.
Do you really believe it is normal? When has it ever been normal? What is normal? We can debate if it is a healthy environment to raise a kid in or not, but you cannot deny that it is not "normal".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies