Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 07:33 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,636,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Ahhh the keystone of nuts... infallibility!!!
Amen, harborlady! And lets not forget the demonization of the 'other side'. All X hate the poor. All X are racists. All X are secret communists. All X are homophobes.

And of course justifying their positions with links to blogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 08:03 AM

626 posts, read 992,818 times
Anyone who identifies themselves through their party. Only naive fools believe the parties serve the people.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:09 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,489,277 times
To the people in the middle, "Nuts" are the bozos hanging out in the corners throwing poo at each other.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:11 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,778,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Amen, harborlady! And lets not forget the demonization of the 'other side'. All X hate the poor. All X are racists. All X are secret communists. All X are homophobes.

And of course justifying their positions with links to blogs.
wildly exaggerated claims... reminds me of tom waits tune ~step right up.

Just as I was reading your post my gestapo communist credit card co called and let me know if I had anymore travel plans I should let their big brother know before I go for fraud prevention. Somehow I haven't gotten around to canceling the card, but Obama did it!

I'm having hitler toast for breakfast. care for some?

Old 01-20-2010, 11:29 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,552,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I find that I can often empathize with both sides, so I wince a little bit when I see someone ranting about "left-wing nuts" or "right-wing nuts". It seems that simply agreeing with certain principles makes one a "nut" in the eyes of his opponents.

What defines someone who is on the left? Or the right?
The position and biases of the person making the statement.

Simple.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:32 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I find that I can often empathize with both sides, so I wince a little bit when I see someone ranting about "left-wing nuts" or "right-wing nuts". It seems that simply agreeing with certain principles makes one a "nut" in the eyes of his opponents.

What defines someone who is on the left? Or the right?
I have been called both. So I think it is when someone disagrees with you and can not really discuss the issue they call you a right wing or left wing nut job

Old 01-20-2010, 11:38 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,278,376 times
People who watch or listen to Sean Hannity = RW Nut
People who listen to Limbaugh = RW Nut
People who watch Glen Beck = RW Nut
People who defend Ann Coulter on anything = RW Nut

Old 01-20-2010, 11:38 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,783,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Well not getting into the partisanship definitions but nut definitions...

anyone so doggedly in denial when faced with irrefutable proof clinging desperately to a deeply flawed or perverse expression of an ideology. This definition applies wholesale to assorted mixed nuts like religious nuts, left for outer space nuts, right but not wrapped too tight nuts... please feel free to add more to that list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Extreme partisanship. The absolute refusal to admit that 'your' side could be wrong. The absolute refusal to admit that 'those guys' just might have a point. The complete and utter inability to look at politics without checking what 'your party' thinks, first.

What y'all said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies