Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:11 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Get a grip.
First of all, your racist use of the president's name is typical.
Bush was NOT bi-partisan.

Trust me, I'm far left. The Ds are not far left, they're middle/moderate at best.
There is infighting - mostly because they're trying to be inclusive of all; not exclusive as the Rs are.
The Rs have an agenda, one agenda. That's their strength.
Racist use of the President's name? Obamy?

how is that racist?

Someone forgot their meds today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 10:28 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,252,446 times
I Will be honest and admit that I voted for Obama. My main reason for voting for him is that I agreed more with his views and ideas than McCain. Now, having stated that I am not pleased with his leadership or lack of leadership. Some of the things such as healthcare among other issues that he was talking about and standing for is not as important as it was when he was running.

He is trying to please the other side too much. Do I regret voting for Obama? Absolutely not. Even though I will admit that I would rather have someone like Ron Paul as president but realistically, he wasn't going to win.

In my opinion, this whole Democrat vs. Republican is a bunch of crap. This country is controlled by the 2 party system and it will be difficult, even doubtful to see real change and reform in this country. Corporations and lobbyist groups run the show, whether it is Democrats or Republicans in charge.

In conclusion, this is my observation. Democrats are the majority in the house and senate, but they have proven to lack guts and will power to get their agenda passed. Furthermore, they are not even in the same page and the 50% or so CENTRIST (I believe about half of the country whether being Republican or Democrats are actually in the middle) can see that they are divided and disorganized. Yes, you have your small percentage of Democrats and republicans that will blindly vote for their party no matter what; but they are not really the ones that decides National elections, it is those generally in the middle regardless of party affiliation. Dean is right. I agree with him. What happened last night in the Senate race in Mass. are the consequences of a disorganized and WEAK democratic party.

AGAIN, EVEN THOUGH IDEOLOGY I LEAN MORE TOWARDS THE DEMOCRATS THAN REPUBLICANS, I WILL STATE IT AS I SEE IT AND DO NOT LIKE THE 2 PARTY SYSTEM. IF REPUBLICANS TAKE CONTROL OF THE HOUSE AND/OR THE SENATE IN 2010 AND 2012, THE DEMOCRATS DESERVE IT, AND OBAMA WILL BE A 1 TERM PRESIDENT.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
I Will be honest and admit that I voted for Obama. My main reason for voting for him is that I agreed more with his views and ideas than McCain. Now, having stated that I am not pleased with his leadership or lack of leadership. Some of the things such as healthcare among other issues that he was talking about and standing for is not as important as it was when he was running.

He is trying to please the other side too much. Do I regret voting for Obama? Absolutely not. Even though I will admit that I would rather have someone like Ron Paul as president but realistically, he wasn't going to win.

In my opinion, this whole Democrat vs. Republican is a bunch of crap. This country is controlled by the 2 party system and it will be difficult, even doubtful to see real change and reform in this country. Corporations and lobbyist groups run the show, whether it is Democrats or Republicans in charge.

In conclusion, this is my observation. Democrats are the majority in the house and senate, but they have proven to lack guts and will power to get their agenda passed. Furthermore, they are not even in the same page and the 50% or so CENTRIST (I believe about half of the country whether being Republican or Democrats are actually in the middle) can see that they are divided and disorganized. Yes, you have your small percentage of Democrats and republicans that will blindly vote for their party no matter what; but they are not really the ones that decides National elections, it is those generally in the middle regardless of party affiliation. Dean is right. I agree with him. What happened last night in the Senate race in Mass. are the consequences of a disorganized and WEAK democratic party.

AGAIN, EVEN THOUGH IDEOLOGY I LEAN MORE TOWARDS THE DEMOCRATS THAN REPUBLICANS, I WILL STATE IT AS I SEE IT AND DO NOT LIKE THE 2 PARTY SYSTEM. IF REPUBLICANS TAKE CONTROL OF THE HOUSE AND/OR THE SENATE IN 2010 AND 2012, THE DEMOCRATS DESERVE IT, AND OBAMA WILL BE A 1 TERM PRESIDENT.
For clearthinkers like yourself gridlock is the best possible scenerio.

That is all I was rooting for last night. Not the GOP, not Scott Brown.

Because when a bunch of fat cat lawyers who make decisions that affect our lives can not make those decisions anymore that is a positive for all of us.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:00 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
There was no bipartisanship to begin with.
Republicans just said No to everything the Dems proposed so why even bother working with the fools?

Old 01-20-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
There was no bipartisanship to begin with.
Republicans just said No to everything the Dems proposed so why even bother working with the fools?
stop trying to poke the bees nest.

You know the Democrats never had one intention of working with Republicans. It goes both ways.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:10 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
stop trying to poke the bees nest.

You know the Democrats never had one intention of working with Republicans. It goes both ways.
Really?
So Obama inviting Republicans to the White House was nothing?

Old 01-20-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Really?
So Obama inviting Republicans to the White House was nothing?
Congress had one thing on its mind after Obama was elected:

Avenge the last 8 years of Bush at all costs.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:16 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Racist use of the President's name? Obamy?

how is that racist?

Someone forgot their meds today.
Yes, it is racist, as was your intent.
You play that game with his name quite a bit.
His name is Obama.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 AM

241 posts, read 267,471 times
I like Dr. Dean. He is right...but sadly, all most Dem do is bend over and let Republicans walk all over them. They are way too obsessed with being liked by people who hate them.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yes, it is racist, as was your intent.
You play that game with his name quite a bit.
His name is Obama.
Sorry you have me confused with other posters. I do not change Obama's name.

And even if I did it would not be racist. The poster did not call him Brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies