Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 11:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I'm sure you've been around here long enough to know who authors a thread about Beck at least once a week, don't need to read between the lines too much to figure it out....
Hit the ignore button before you become too much concerned about the man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I call BS. I did a post search with the keyword "progressive" and you did not offer one concrete opinion of the subject until recently. And I also call BS for how much you've claimed to study. I doubt anyone in this world who's done that much research as you claim to have done needs a talking head on TV, let alone a dufus like Glenn Beck, to form his opinions. Face it. This is you:

According to the man who does your thinking, legendary Americans like Jane Addams, MLK Jr, Cesar Chavez, and Teddy Roosevelt are "dangerous radicals" . Even your beloved Republican party always respected and even carried a few "Dangerous Radical Progressives" throughout time. It isn't until Beck made it the flavor of the week that anyone, especially you and your vague posts prior containing the word, gave a rat's behind. Beck is a pirate and you're his parrot.

Oh, and sorry if it angered you. Maybe this guy will offer a shoulder to cry on:
Do you know what that background behind Beck is? You have to know since you have tried so hard a couple of times to watch him.

Oh well, it makes little difference since on Friday he had more viewers than the whole prime time MSNBC people did added together. More people watching him will mean more are being informed about what is happening.

With all the recent hours of history you have taken you have to admit that you have studied from the liberal revisionist books in college and high school. See, I am so old that most of mine came before the revisionists started in on FDR. Sunshine, I do know a bit about the people you keep throwing at us and they were never considered progressives by anyone. MLK was a real hero of the civil rights movement but he was NOT a progressive. I know that you want to believe that what those people stood for was progressive but ever since the days of T. Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson progressives have stood for one world government just as the present day progressives want to see. Obama is trying very hard to sell us out to that kind of government so he is a progressive. Were all those people you keep talking about like that? You learned all that from those revisionist books and the same kind of professors.

Haven't you yet figured out that the professors I studied under were young in the 1930s but old enough to see what the communists were doing with college students. They may not have been called progressives but they sure as hell stood for what progressives of today stand for. Do you understand that Glenn Beck is about 25 years younger than I am although he does sound like all my professors.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Glenn Beck is an idiot. He's so far out in the "crazy space" that he's not even interesting anymore.
How many times have you seen him in the last 6 months. 2, 3 maybe less.

Don't you think that when a liberal of any kind calls the man dumb he is just following along the road progressives want him to go on? I do.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No to mention that he's harming our country with his dissemination of misconceptions and lies.
When do you think the White House and all those progressives will begin to call Beck a liar. So far I see posters on forums doing that but other than Ubermoron and his girl friend I just don't see too many others doing that.

How about you spread out some of those misconceptions and lies so I can see what you mean? It seems to me that the idiots may be those who call those who don't agree with them the name and thinking they have handled the situation.

I will be waiting for your reply replete with all the lies he tells along with all the misconceptions he has made. So far all I hear is from a college student who has surely studied hard from recently written text books and a bunch of people able to write one liners with the only word meaning anything to be idiot.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:37 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When do you think the White House and all those progressives will begin to call Beck a liar. So far I see posters on forums doing that but other than Ubermoron and his girl friend I just don't see too many others doing that.

How about you spread out some of those misconceptions and lies so I can see what you mean? It seems to me that the idiots may be those who call those who don't agree with them the name and thinking they have handled the situation.

I will be waiting for your reply replete with all the lies he tells along with all the misconceptions he has made. So far all I hear is from a college student who has surely studied hard from recently written text books and a bunch of people able to write one liners with the only word meaning anything to be idiot.
Roy, just google 'Glenn Beck+lies' and you'll fine 1,330,000 topics on the subject. Google 'Glenn Beck+untruths' you'll find another 10,200. Like they say, "Google is your friend."

And by the way, your backhanded way of calling other posters, including myself, "idiots" is not appreciated. I've always treated you with respect and thought a man of your age would know better. People can disagree and still be civil to one another.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 01-25-2010 at 11:49 PM..

Old 01-26-2010, 08:30 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you know what that background behind Beck is? You have to know since you have tried so hard a couple of times to watch him.

Oh well, it makes little difference since on Friday he had more viewers than the whole prime time MSNBC people did added together. More people watching him will mean more are being informed about what is happening.

With all the recent hours of history you have taken you have to admit that you have studied from the liberal revisionist books in college and high school. See, I am so old that most of mine came before the revisionists started in on FDR. Sunshine, I do know a bit about the people you keep throwing at us and they were never considered progressives by anyone. MLK was a real hero of the civil rights movement but he was NOT a progressive. I know that you want to believe that what those people stood for was progressive but ever since the days of T. Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson progressives have stood for one world government just as the present day progressives want to see. Obama is trying very hard to sell us out to that kind of government so he is a progressive. Were all those people you keep talking about like that? You learned all that from those revisionist books and the same kind of professors.

Haven't you yet figured out that the professors I studied under were young in the 1930s but old enough to see what the communists were doing with college students. They may not have been called progressives but they sure as hell stood for what progressives of today stand for. Do you understand that Glenn Beck is about 25 years younger than I am although he does sound like all my professors.
Obviously I can't speak for all progressives, but one world government is not a concept most progressives are pushing.

The following is from Dr. King.

Quote:
I am convinced that if we are to get on the right side of the world revolution, we as a nation must undergo a radical revolution of values. We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered.

A true revolution of values will soon cause us to question the fairness and justice of many of our past and present policies. ... A true revolution of values will soon look uneasily on the glaring contrast of poverty and wealth. With righteous indignation, it will look across the seas and see individual capitalists of the West investing huge sums of money in Asia, Africa and South America, only to take the profits out with no concern for the social betterment of the countries, and say: "This is not just." It will look at our alliance with the landed gentry of Latin America and say: "This is not just." The Western arrogance of feeling that it has everything to teach others and nothing to learn from them is not just. A true revolution of values will lay hands on the world order and say of war: "This way of settling differences is not just." This business of burning human beings with napalm, of filling our nation's homes with orphans and widows, of injecting poisonous drugs of hate into veins of people normally humane, of sending men home from dark and bloody battlefields physically handicapped and psychologically deranged, cannot be reconciled with wisdom, justice and love. A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.

America, the richest and most powerful nation in the world, can well lead the way in this revolution of values. There is nothing, except a tragic death wish, to prevent us from reordering our priorities, so that the pursuit of peace will take precedence over the pursuit of war. There is nothing to keep us from molding a recalcitrant status quo with bruised hands until we have fashioned it into a brotherhood.
This aligns with the goals of the progressives I know. He even used the dreaded word revolution, you know the word Beck was ranted about on yesterday.

You don't have to trust professors. You can go read original source material. There is plenty of that available for Dr. King. There is even audio available for many of his speeches and sermons.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:45 AM

183 posts, read 168,365 times
You can agree and disagree all you want folks, but the fact is our government has become an over-reaching tyrant. one that has a no-holds-bard approach to spending the tax payers money on things it should not or have no control over. It is too involved with our lives and our business. This has been going on long before this country was even formed. Since the start of organized governments it has been the goal of the people in power to maintain that power and control ITS subjects. Call it progressivism, call it a monarchy, call it whatever you like....The fact is our constitution(which is being trampled) and our declaration of independence where written to give us the power to stop it, both legally and physically, when it happened here. Our founders knew that it would happen because it always has through-out the history of the planet. It should come as no surprise to any-one that our government is trying to take over everything. This is what they do, always have, always will. It is our duty and responsibility to stop it from over-reaching....

Old 08-14-2010, 12:27 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
I invite anyone who doesn't know the history of views of progressives on the site to use the advanced search feature and find it was seldom ever mentioned until Beck made his revisionist special about it.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:24 PM

183 posts, read 168,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I invite anyone who doesn't know the history of views of progressives on the site to use the advanced search feature and find it was seldom ever mentioned until Beck made his revisionist special about it.
there is a reason for this....they had to be this way. If the truth were out there people would never accept it. That is why they hate him soooo much. the truth hurts.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:32 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
I have a BA in history and Glenn Beck and truth don't belong in the same paragraph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies