Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:54 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
My sense is they are trying to cover up some dirt here, but we shall see.
Army Reduces Soldier’s Sentence to 15 Years

My sense, which is based upon nothing just as yours, is that the Army is allowing some latitude for combat soldiers without establishing a legal precedent or admitting combat stress is a factor.

It's like in the case I told about above. Those prisoners we saw abused were recent captives, taken on the battlefield. It's not at all uncommon for POW's to be slapped around by their captors for critical intelligence which may mean life or death right now. While it's still illegal, and immoral, the Army isn't real keen on prosecuting soldiers for things done in the literal heat of combat. That does not mean the Army approves, just that it recognizes that soldiers will do certain things and, for the good of the whole, turns a blind eye to it whenever it can and so long as it's not too life threatening.

Of course, Behenna's case wouldn't fall under that scneario because it happened well away from the scene of the attack and was pre-planned and pre-meditated. That's why couldn't they pretend not to see, but that does not mean the Army can't show a little mercy to one of its own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 08:28 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Quote:

My problem in aggressively coming back at you was that one cannot help, in researching this case, finding all the allegations of prosecutorial misconduct AND defense incompetence and you gave that all a pass.
I eagerly await your next post defending some poor black prisoner or someone on death row because of allegations of prosecutorial misconduct or ineffective assistance of counsel.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:33 PM

918 posts, read 816,809 times
Default Hey Jack

You got something irritating you....spit it out. Don't be obtuse.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:42 PM

918 posts, read 816,809 times
Default Update

There can be no denial of this fact. The withholding of exculpatory evidence by the defense constitutes grounds for a new trial, not to mention military disciplinary action for the offending parties. To that end this recent interview updating this case.

YouTube - Michael Savage Update on Michael Behenna -- January 25, 2010

Old 02-26-2010, 02:32 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Quote:
There can be no denial of this fact. The withholding of exculpatory evidence by the defense constitutes grounds for a new trial, not to mention military disciplinary action for the offending parties. To that end this recent interview updating this case.

YouTube - Michael Savage Update on Michael Behenna -- January 25, 2010

In other words, nothing has changed. Mom is still holding out a forlorn hope of redemption, Lt. Behenna is still sitting in jail, and Michael Savage is still upset about it.

I feel sorry for everyone concerned, but I don't think Mom has much of a chance of springing her boy.

However, the appeals process will deal with that, not us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies