Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 12:31 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
Nope it's called FREE THINKING, you should try it sometime.
I "freely thought" about it and as a result of MY FREE THOUGHT.......I concluded.......
that the OP posted a truthful assessment of typical LIB. reaction to various things.

Too bad that many of YOU.......cannot handle the TRUTH.
NEVER would you believe it or admit it if you started to believe it could be.

Mission impossible......just like the Dems keeping their behinds in power much longer!

Well, not completely impossible.
Some of your blind sheeple are starting to see the light and jump ship on the rest of you.
Most passengers on sinking ships DON'T always want to go down with the captain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 12:31 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,455,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
hey guys, OP here!!

ever wonder if maybe by swearing allegiance to one side or the other, you're just playing right into the hand that wants to keep America "as-is"??

i remember as a kid, in jr. high...i forget what class, i don't remember if it was a gov't class or history class...but the pendulum of politics was explained that the nation would swing to the left or right for so long, untill the momentum stopped, then it would swing the other way!

if that keeps up, what in sam's hell is ever going to be TRULY accomplished?!?

i think if you want to keep things "as-is", and you love to hate those evil communist liberals, or those racist capitalistic conservatives, then by all means, keep trying to prove how right you are!!

the problem is, while you're wasting time argueing why you're right, and the other is wrong...the politicians are sitting back enjoying their job security!

and that's absolutely true...so what was your purpose in posting what you did? Seems awfully divisive no?

Old 01-22-2010, 12:32 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
hey guys, OP here!!

ever wonder if maybe by swearing allegiance to one side or the other, you're just playing right into the hand that wants to keep America "as-is"??

i remember as a kid, in jr. high...i forget what class, i don't remember if it was a gov't class or history class...but the pendulum of politics was explained that the nation would swing to the left or right for so long, untill the momentum stopped, then it would swing the other way!

i think if you want to keep things "as-is", and you love to hate those evil communist liberals, or those racist capitalistic conservatives, then by all means, keep trying to prove how right you are!!

the problem is, while you're wasting time argueing why you're right, and the other is wrong...the politicians are sitting back enjoying their job security!
That's why next Presidential election, everyone should vote Libertarian Party - now that would scare the daylights out of Washington

Old 01-22-2010, 12:32 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
hey guys, OP here!!

You need to go back and read your OP. You posted it, a reader would assume that you agreed with it. And if you agreed with it, it is logical to assume that you are aligned with the conservative side. So, why are you going all reasonable on us now???

Old 01-22-2010, 12:35 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,455,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
I "freely thought" about it and as a result of MY FREE THOUGHT.......I concluded.......
that the OP posted a truthful assessment of typical LIB. reaction to various things.

Aw I should give you rep points giving me a nice laugh out loud. Always feels good to laugh!

I, BY THE WAY, am not A LIB. Nor am I a CON...I am a free thinker and I don't agree with everything either party has to say. I cannot respect anyone who cannot see ANYTHING wrong with their party. Come onto the "healthcare thread" posted on the top of this forum for some great posts, from people all over the spectrum explaining and debating without being TOLD what to believe.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:42 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You need to go back and read your OP. You posted it, a reader would assume that you agreed with it. And if you agreed with it, it is logical to assume that you are aligned with the conservative side. So, why are you going all reasonable on us now???

okay...truth be told, i do have more conservative views than liberal. that doesn't mean i can't be reasonable, or a bit humorous for that matter! speaking of humorous, i think pot should be legalized, and treated no different than alcohol or tobacco!! who'd a thunk it?? geez, why are you getting all logical on me!!

believe it or not, there's plenty of folks out there just like me...that may lean one way or the other, but would shy from declaring oneself a "conservative" or "liberal"...

Old 01-22-2010, 12:44 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
You're right. And THAT was my point.

No I do not. And again, THAT was my point. The list suggests that all liberals and all conservatives think the same way as their peers. And that's total crap.

There is no harm. They have every right to fight. But to spread generalizations and lies along the way...not cool.

I am firm believer in discourse. But around here, the amount if disinformation is impenetrable.

The list, while funny in the spirit of comedy, is simply not remotely accurate. Sadly however, there are countless conservatives on this site that buy that crap 100% One need only look at the thread titles, let alone the sewage within the threads.

We have at least two on this thread. And more will rear their thick heads. Bet the house on it.
What lies is being spread? Abortion is a personal opinion basically there is a battle of when a fetus becomes a baby but those that believe its a baby at conception is never going to change that opinion. I am one of them but I also while I dont agree with abortion doesnt think its ever going away so its a non issue for me if someone gets an abortion they will be the one that has to answer for that. Not me

Look it might not be true that not all liberals agree with certain things. It is accurate in the sense that liberals do want to control others lives.

They do want to tell people they have to drive cars that are certain types gets so much mpg. Hence the campaign against suvs.

Then there is gloabl warming cap and trade

Cant have the 10 commandments in certain places. Cant have stores saying Merry Christmas.

If you dont agree with liberals your stupid or your a nazi or a racist. There is a long list of insults if you dont agree with liberals. Instead of just debating the issues and stating your opinion and sources noo liberals have to try and discredit people with insults.

So in a sense what is written is correct about how liberals wants to control your life. Remember those dumb republican from the south are just stupid and cant think for themselves so they need the liberals to tell them how to live. That attitude is all over this board and others.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:48 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post

Mission impossible......just like the Dems keeping their behinds in power much longer!

Well, not completely impossible.
Some of your blind sheeple are starting to see the light and jump ship on the rest of you.
Most passengers on sinking ships DON'T always want to go down with the captain.
It is true in the sense that liberals want to control others.

Liberals cant admit its about controlling others because then even more would buck what they say. They are very slick about it. If you dont agree with a liberal you are automatically stupid. They dont give you actual facts and reasons you are stupid just that you are stupid. They tell you that your wrong without reasons.

The control the message by discrediting the source. So many doesnt want to be labeled a nazi or racist that they just started keeping their mouth shut

Old 01-22-2010, 12:51 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
and that's absolutely true...so what was your purpose in posting what you did? Seems awfully divisive no?
okay, maybe i'm guilty of divisiveness...if that's even a word, but i was hoping to have a little fun while doing so...there were a few posters that had fun, i mean, i agree that we need to discuss serious issues with seriousness, but sometimes a good laugh is needed to shake the cob webs off and think outside the box.

sooo, to everyone i say...get out of the box, put yourself in someone elses shoes, try to find some common ground...

Old 01-22-2010, 12:57 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Did I mention God? It's real odd how the left says there is no god but they are they people that always acknowledge he exist. More hyprocisy form the left? You will only find the left wingers crying for the baby killers. They love their baby killers.
I'm starting to wonder if you are secretly working for the Democrats because you do a seriously good job of presenting the worst face of Far Right conservatism with your poisonous, hate filled and poorly-spelt posts. Good job!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies