Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 10:14 PM

768 posts, read 942,752 times

Advertisements

I won't leave because:

I enjoy the natural geography
I enjoy being relatively close to my parents
I speak the language. My favorite country in the world would require a new language and complete re-socialization, a task I'm much too lazy for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 10:26 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
I won't leave because:

I speak the language. My favorite country in the world would require a new language and complete re-socialization, a task I'm much too lazy for.
Honest reasons. Family ties is probably the main reason for most. Which is your favorite country?

Old 01-22-2010, 10:27 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
I've lived abroad for 2 of my 24 years. I could go over the pluses and minuses tick-for-tack, but it misses the point.

When making a defense of a "side," it's not considered a "rebuttal" to simply say "well they suck, too!"
2 of your 24 years. Oh wow. You're "worldly".

Old 01-22-2010, 10:30 PM

768 posts, read 942,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Honest reasons. Family ties is probably the main reason for most. Which is your favorite country?
Spain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
2 of your 24 years. Oh wow. You're "worldly".
Is this where you call me a "young buck" and tell me of your decades traveled through previously undiscovered lands?

Old 01-22-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
I won't leave because:

What language would that be? I've been to nearly twenty countries. Only a few would I consider staying and even then, only for part of the year. Spain and Italy were the two main choices for myself. I'd also consider staying at Israel if it weren't for the muslim terrorist. You could not pay me enough money to ever go back to any muslim nation or France. I had a better time in Bulgaria and Ukraine than I did in France.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Spain.

Is this where you call me a "young buck" and tell me of your decades traveled through previously undiscovered lands?
10 Most Suitable Countries for American Expatriates

Spain
Spain has a lower cost of living compared with central and northern Europe. Mix that with its dynamic location and lively culture and it’s clear why Spain has become a top destination for expats from around the world. The European culture will be familiar and accessible for Americans, and getting around speaking only english should be a breeze.

Spain also has historical and cultural wealth that’ll keep any expat’s mind afloat. Also, it’s become an extremely popular destination for college students.

10 Most Suitable Countries for American Expatriates | Expatify

Old 01-23-2010, 01:23 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I just looked at the OPs profile and read a few of his early posts, Splains a lot !
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya ! I don't believe a word this guy says while he is "thinkin about it"

I second that....he should head to a more athiest kind of place i guess.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:27 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
A personal favorite is gas-guzzling SUV's driven by women with "support the troops" decals.

Love it, love it, love it.

Hilarious.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:36 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'm sure that many Americans would gladly become expatriates if they had the opportunity, whether they admit it or not. Family ties, financial obligations and other factors keep people planted. This country is not the America that many were born into or raised in. It has gone downhill on many levels. The dumbing down is the part that allowed the rest of the unsettling and upsetting things to unfold.
I admit that things are going downhill in our country but I highly doubt that life in another country would be that much better. I love my country, even with all of its flaws and sins. I'd rather stay and fight for my country versus abandoning it to some other "utopian" country.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I admit that things are going downhill in our country but I highly doubt that life in another country would be that much better. I love my country, even with all of its flaws and sins. I'd rather stay and fight for my country versus abandoning it to some other "utopian" country.
I think it's another case of "the grass is always greener"
I've been to Spain and it is a very nice country. Nice people, good food, good shopping, and good land. If rich enough, I'd happily buy a summer home in Spain but I wouldn't want to live there exclusively. I'm no fan of PETA but I don't like the idea of bull fights. When I was innocent I imagined the bull fights like in the cartoons or movies. Never knew it involved swords and the slaughter of the bull after the fight. Some in Spain are trying to ban the sport. Hope they make progress. Malaga, Barcelona, Rota, Benidorm, and Palma were the cities of Spain I visited. If you love art then Barcelona is for you. I was really fascinated by the building designed by Senor Gaudi. Malaga was more of a metropolitan city. Rota is a seaport used by the Spanish and American Navy. Benidorm is a more modern resort city. Palma is where you go to play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies