Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 05:30 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

He says this is not about him, and then he goes on for a very long time making it all about him.

Quote:
Remarks of President Barack Obama—As Prepared for Delivery
Lorain County Community College Town Hall
Elyria, Ohio - January 22, 2010

But this isn't about me. It's about you. I didn't take up this issue to boost my poll numbers or score political points – believe me, if I were, I would have picked something a lot easier than this. No, I'm trying to solve the problems that folks here in Elyria and across this country face every day. And I am not going to walk away just because it's hard. We're going to keep on working to get this done with Democrats, Republicans – anyone who is willing to step up. Because I am not going to watch more people get crushed by costs, or denied the care they need by insurance company bureaucrats, or partisan politics, or special interest power in Washington.

Let me tell you – so long as I have the privilege of serving as your President, I'll never stop fighting for you. I'll take my lumps, too. I'll never stop fighting to bring jobs back to Elyria. I'll never stop fighting for an economy where hard work is rewarded, where responsibility is honored, where accountability is upheld, where we're creating the jobs of tomorrow.

That's why I'm calling on Congress...
So long as I'm President, I'll never stop fighting for policies ...
I'll never stop fighting...
So long as I'm President, I'll never stop fighting to protect you...
That's why I signed...
And that's why I'm fighting...
So long as I'm President, I'll never stop fighting to cut ...
And I'm going to keep up the fight...
And that's why I'll continue fighting...
And I can promise you...
because I want to charge...
You know, I said ...
it means to me...
But when I get out...
I'm reminded...
I'm reminded...
I am so privileged to serve....

Daily Kos: President Obama Elyria, Ohio TownHall (LiveBlog/Transcript of speech)
Let me be clear, its not about 0bama making it about 0bama. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 05:32 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
He's a legend in his own mind.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Another Lie. It has always been all about him and his need to stroke his massive ego.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:38 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Bushisms

"Where dreams take wing."

Here's a good one. "Rarely is the question asked, IS our children learning?"

Compared to that imbecile, President Obama is untouchable...and don't you forget it either.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:39 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
He lies.

Health care reform, cap and trade, amnesty for illegals are all agendas Obama desperately wants his name attached to before leaving office... no matter the detriment to America.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:41 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Yeah, that's why he's tanking even more in the polls, that's why more people consider his 1st year a failure than a success, that's why his radical policies just lost a Senate seat in true liberal Mass, a seat held by the beloved Teddy The Swimmer Kennedy.

Obama is 0-3 in campaigning...he is toxic.

Did anybody watch this today? It was pathetic and embarrassing.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Did they have a mirror there instead of a teleprompter today ?

Old 01-22-2010, 05:56 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,029,983 times
So when someone says something like "I'm doing this for you, not for me" that means he's not allowed to say anything about what he will do?

What, no real issues to criticize in anti-Obama-for-the-sake-of-anti-Obama-land?

Old 01-22-2010, 05:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
So when someone says something like "I'm doing this for you, not for me" that means he's not allowed to say anything about what he will do?

What, no real issues to criticize in anti-Obama-for-the-sake-of-anti-Obama-land?
Well you tell us then why the sudden change of heart since Brown's win ?

Old 01-22-2010, 05:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
MySpace Player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies