Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 08:47 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
You were replying to me, so I will wait for your example of MY making fun of the suffering.
Thanks for telling me what I was thinking. You know now I'm thinking of my favorite State Park. And don't you know, it's in your state. Care to guess what it is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 08:50 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,987 times
I wonder how much of that money will line their corrupt government pockets instead of helping?

Old 01-22-2010, 08:57 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
I wonder how much of that money will line their corrupt government pockets instead of helping?

More than likely - None. $0.00. Nada. Zilch

Old 01-22-2010, 08:59 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
What government? Most of the officials are dead.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:04 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
In order to properly help so many people in such a short period time in a area with little or no electricity and supplies. Thousands of support staff who are not medical trained personnel are needed in order to set up hospitals, feed the crew, build temporary roads, provide security, set up and run generators, build operating rooms, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What is truly puzzling me is why the US is taking such a major role.
Isn't the IMF and the UN supposed to be doing that and controlling that ?
I understand that we have the equipment they need but it does have the appearance that it's almost a US invasion and takeover.

Doctors without Borders can't land with aid yet they close the airport to all landings for 4 hours so Hillary can land and "take a tour" ? And it wasn't just 1 plane from Doctors without Borders..several got diverted.
And I read that food is piling up at the airport yet US troops are now all over patrolling. If they got the troops spread out why is the food piling up ? I also read that food coming in from elsewhere has to all go to the airport before getting distributed. Where is the UN ? Where is the IMF ?

We have an overwhelming presence of US military troops..not US military medics and nurses. There's more guns on the ground then food on the ground. I just don't understand this; it's Haiti, not some ME country.

And I'm not whining..just perplexed at what I read.
I did donate right after I read about it. There was an excellent post here about various charities and their administrative costs. Red Cross just happened to not be the best for getting the most money to where it's needed as they have a pretty high administrative cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This was a current article as of today that spoke of the additional 4K marines diverted from their ME assignment that I posted about.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:11 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
It's actually going to groups that were already on the ground before the earthquake like The Red Cross, Salvation Army and other trusted relief agencies. George Cloney was just talking to Anderson Cooper about that on CNN.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:35 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
I'm watching and FF on my DVR. The only thing so far that "makes me want to vomit" is that thing on Brad Pitt's face. I hope that is for a part he's playing and not because he thinks it looks good. I already gave elsewhere to Haiti as well as on a regular basis in my own community. I really don't see what there is to criticize here. Lot's of people raising money for a good cause. What is the problem?

Old 01-22-2010, 09:41 PM

768 posts, read 942,943 times
Two thoughts, one of which is worth repeating:

1) You've got some serious hate in your heart to rage about celebrity international aid relief out of all the things wrong in the world. Seriously: this is what gets under your skin? Oy vey.

2)Go Google Reese Witherspoon's boobs. They are perfeccttt. Truly epic chesticles.

Boobs: the ultimate equalizer.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:56 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
2)Go Google Reese Witherspoon's boobs. They are perfeccttt. Truly epic chesticles.
I'd munch on em, but they're not what I'd call epic, Jessica Alba has a very nice rack. But now she has an EPIC caboose.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:00 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
We just got home from a family dinner out and flipped on the tv and see Reese Witherspoon answering the phones.

Holy hell...if this country would band together on our own issues this much, we, as a nation, would be unstoppable!!!
well you know you could of just flipped over to Fox News because they weren't broadcasting the telethon. They had Hannity on whining about Obama & liberals again. Besides we know that Fox News doesn't care about black people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies