Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:16 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Are you trying to say that scripture should make me dislike Jews??? You people are so eager to call some one antisemitic you will try to convince us that we dont really like Jews and if we do it is not for the right reasons. I am sorry to say this but you all are Idiots, who stands with Palestinians against Israel ? Liberals! Who argues in the defense of Israel? Conservatives!! One only has to look at my posts to see my ardent support for Israel over and over again. I have listen to Limbaugh enough to know he also is a very staunch supporter of Israel.
Silas777 is a genuine supporter of Israel and truly respects and likes the Jewish People. Those who besmirch him and Rush IMHO are usually Communist Baby Killers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 11:18 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Are you trying to say that scripture should make me dislike Jews??? You people are so eager to call some one antisemitic you will try to convince us that we dont really like Jews and if we do it is not for the right reasons. I am sorry to say this but you all are Idiots, who stands with Palestinians against Israel ? Liberals! Who argues in the defense of Israel? Conservatives!! One only has to look at my posts to see my ardent support for Israel over and over again. I have listen to Limbaugh enough to know he also is a very staunch supporter of Israel.
Please know that conservative Jews appreciate Christian friendship very much, and we admire your constancy and loyalty in the face of so much contempt and "spitting" that you get from many liberal Jews.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Even if that were true (which I submit it is not), there is a difference between anti-Israel and being an anti-semite. One is politics and one is racist.

Don't kid yourself. We know exactly what you are. When "critics of Israel" start criticizing other nations with equal vitriol, then we might believe you. Until then, your slip is showing.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:21 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Don't kid yourself. We know exactly what you are. When "critics of Israel" start criticizing other nations with equal vitriol, then we might believe you. Until then, your slip is showing.
Yeah, and when we start handing those other nations $4,000,000,000.00 a year and start wars to crush their enemies, I might take your comparison seriously.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:41 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:

You asserted:
How is this so difficult to understand? Christians such as myself believe that the Jews are Gods chosen people...

I was just curious how, you as a Christian, reconcile your belief with the Christian scriptures were it states that the promise given to the Hebrews has been extended to anyone with faith in Jesus Christ, therefore the chosen people. There is nothing in that scripture that requires hatred or dislike of Jews.

The current government of Israel does not speak for all Jews. Never has, probably never will.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:57 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
You asserted:
How is this so difficult to understand? Christians such as myself believe that the Jews are Gods chosen people...

I was just curious how, you as a Christian, reconcile your belief with the Christian scriptures were it states that the promise given to the Hebrews has been extended to anyone with faith in Jesus Christ, therefore the chosen people. There is nothing in that scripture that requires hatred or dislike of Jews.

The current government of Israel does not speak for all Jews. Never has, probably never will.
To propose that a Christian reading their Bible would be justified in hating Jews, just shows you are woefully confused, ignorant or just down right deceitful!
Your last sentence is really the bottom line , which is Liberal Jews choose to call Conservatives such as Limbaugh Anti-semitic, not because they are, but because they are Conservative, much in the same way the left will call Conservatives racist when they disagree with a Liberal Black man. The fact remains Conservatives such as Limbaugh and myself defend and support Jews, Liberal or not, you may not like it but that wont stop us. Sorry!

Last edited by silas777; 01-25-2010 at 11:12 AM..

Old 01-25-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
To propose that a Christian reading their Bible would be justified in hating Jews, just shows you are woefully confused, ignorant or just down right deceitful!
Your last sentence is really the bottom line , which is Liberal Jews choose to call Conservatives such as Limbaugh Anti-semitic, not because they are, but because they are Conservative, much in the same way the left will call Conservatives racist when they disagree with a Liberal Black man.
Where did I ever "propose that a Christian reading their Bible would be justified in hating Jews"?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Yeah, and when we start handing those other nations $4,000,000,000.00 a year and start wars to crush their enemies, I might take your comparison seriously.
You're hallucinating zeroes. The U.S. gives roughly the same amount of aid money to various Arab countries, including Egypt and our other enemies.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:19 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
The problem with his statement is that he is generalizing. Why is he bringing religion into this and insulting the intelligence of Jews? I had no idea that Jews voted in herds...that is what Rush may as well be saying. I understand asking why Jews vote democrat but to imply that Obama is attacking bankers, therefore he is attacking Jews is going to far. I am not suprised since this is coming from the same man who said that school busses should be segragated. He is a pompous biggot no matter how you try to spin it.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Your last sentence is really the bottom line , which is Liberal Jews choose to call Conservatives such as Limbaugh Anti-semitic, not because they are, but because they are Conservative, much in the same way the left will call Conservatives racist when they disagree with a Liberal Black man. The fact remains Conservatives such as Limbaugh and myself defend and support Jews, Liberal or not, you may not like it but that wont stop us. Sorry!
You're swinging at windmills. Where have I called Limbaugh anti-Semitic. What Foxman said and I have said I agreed with is Limbaugh's comments on bankers and money people is "borderline anti-Semitic". Limbaugh may have just worded his thoughts poorly, but he walked right up to the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies