Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 06:35 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

[quote=nononsenseguy;12595574]Two wars? There is the "War on Terror" (which Obama refuses to acknowledge). What was the other war?What a load of BS, he does not refuse to acknowledge the war on terror, pure rightwing propaganda. The fact is he is refocusing our efforts to that war, instead of the one Dubya got sidetracked onto. You rights kill me, of all the people put there I would have expected you to be glad we are finally back to business, I guess political games are more important than getting the job done.

You're living in some kind of dream world. Wake up to reality. Obama is a total failure. We are hundreds of times worse off than at the end of Bush's term.Thanks to what Bush did not do and allowed, is there some reason you righties miss that simple fact?

Obama stinks. Period. There isn't anything good that can be said.And we knoiw you never have said any of them before or after the elections and never will, so what is your point, that you hate the man, so suprising.[/quote]
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 07:21 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Two wars? There is the "War on Terror" (which Obama refuses to acknowledge). What was the other war?

You're living in some kind of dream world. Wake up to reality. Obama is a total failure. We are hundreds of times worse off than at the end of Bush's term.

I am self employed. There has been virtually no business since Obama's election. And others like me that I know who are self employed are in the same situation.

Obama stinks. Period. There isn't anything good that can be said.
Umm... Wow. You are really enjoying stretching reality to unheard of proportions. Okay:

1. I'm not sure you heard, but we are fighting two wars: the one in Iraq and the other in Afghanistan. They are not two theatres of the same war since the premise of invading Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism. It had to do with a dictator supposedly possessing weapons that could damage us. That is state-to-state, not terrorism.

2. Obama is quite clear about fighting terrorists and has done far more than Bush ever did. To not call it a "war" is a tactical maneuver first developed by Britain so as to not provide fodder for terror cells to recruit young terrorists based on the premise that they are in an epic war against the "white devil" or whatever they want to call us. Treat them like criminals, they become nothing more than criminals.

3. You really don't understand that a president doesn't control the economy? He can only influence its direction with policy that takes time to filter through the markets. The collapse of the economy happened under Bush and its repercussions throughout 2009 have been because of that collapse. To try and blame Obama for it would be like blaming Reagan for the collapse that happened under Carter or Clinton for the recession that happened under Bush I.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:14 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Umm... Wow. You are really enjoying stretching reality to unheard of proportions. Okay:

1. I'm not sure you heard, but we are fighting two wars: the one in Iraq and the other in Afghanistan. They are not two theatres of the same war since the premise of invading Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism. It had to do with a dictator supposedly possessing weapons that could damage us. That is state-to-state, not terrorism.

2. Obama is quite clear about fighting terrorists and has done far more than Bush ever did. To not call it a "war" is a tactical maneuver first developed by Britain so as to not provide fodder for terror cells to recruit young terrorists based on the premise that they are in an epic war against the "white devil" or whatever they want to call us. Treat them like criminals, they become nothing more than criminals.

3. You really don't understand that a president doesn't control the economy? He can only influence its direction with policy that takes time to filter through the markets. The collapse of the economy happened under Bush and its repercussions throughout 2009 have been because of that collapse. To try and blame Obama for it would be like blaming Reagan for the collapse that happened under Carter or Clinton for the recession that happened under Bush I.
Thank You for bring reality back into the discussion,
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies