Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 06:25 PM

406 posts, read 1,355,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
But if we did that, most guns will be in the hands of Asians and Jews! Have some pity on white trash, they need equal opportunities to own guns too.
I have no pity on any kind of trash from any race. There are poor people, then there is trash. Ignorant, uneducated, and careless people should never be allowed near firearms.

I've said it a hundred times, I have been ALL OVER this country dozens of times, and met people from all walks of life. I have lived in rural Montana (where our phone lines run through barb wire), to NYC, and there are stupid people everywhere. If they were to ban all firearms tomorrow, I would hunt with my bow. I think we are at a point in our history, where we need to decide whether education, or playing with things that go boom is in our better interests.

This place is too populated for Libertarians. They would love to live out in the sticks on their own, which is great, I would too, but then Eminent Domain is going to come around and put a highway through your land, and then what are they going to do? Start WW3? They are welcome to leave and form their own country with no services somewhere else. Who is going to pave and plow your roads? Who pays your Medicare? Who is going to supply electricity to the shops you buy your end of the world supplies at? Who pays to upkeep the internet connection they are browsing through? It's me, I pay those taxes for you, and I don't complain, because it is a small price to pay for something the rest of us call CIVILIZATION.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 06:35 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,135,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Unless you can substantiate this stuff, I think you are joshing us.
The installation cost was in excess of 100K. With the tax credits/rebates, out of pocket was around 40K. I have previously provided info on my system. If you are interested enough - do some searching.

And perhaps I was not clear enough: The road I spoke of? It is ALL my land. No one else. I hope this clears up your misunderstanding.

The closest sub station is in Florence Arizona. Deputies are on the road - "roaming"

I am rural. Look up the Superstition Mountain. I'm near the base of the mountain - southeast side - all dirt. In Arizona.

Enjoy.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:22 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,500,990 times
Quote:
The installation cost was in excess of 100K. With the tax credits/rebates, out of pocket was around 40K. I have previously provided info on my system. If you are interested enough - do some searching.

And perhaps I was not clear enough: The road I spoke of? It is ALL my land. No one else. I hope this clears up your misunderstanding.

The closest sub station is in Florence Arizona. Deputies are on the road - "roaming"

I am rural. Look up the Superstition Mountain. I'm near the base of the mountain - southeast side - all dirt. In Arizona.
I am pretty familar with solar, and off grid, and true rural living, and I just don't believe you.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,135,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
I am pretty familar with solar, and off grid, and true rural living, and I just don't believe you.
That's your choice.

Does not alter the truth though.

Have a great night.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:11 AM

241 posts, read 250,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Hmmmm how about just taxing the entire white race all over the world.
When your ready to come collecting let me know I will be holding my guns.
PS blacks werent the only slaves in America so which white familes you GOING give the money to as well.
You must have missed the part in my post where I outlined HOW reparations would function:

Quote:
This can include job opportunities, preferential hiring, grants and scholarships, etc. But more importantly, I think it should be based around a re-investment in communities of color: building good schools, health-care centers and hospitals, providing well-paying jobs, post-prison rehabilitation programs, etc.
Too many people have a kneejerk reaction to such ideas because they see it as simply giving out checks based on skin color. In reality, this is not the case.

Keep in mind that, even though poor whites have a huge advantage over poor blacks, they would still benefit from rehabilitation of communities through things as job creation, better schools, increased public services, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Even some Blacks owned some white slaves...
So you owe me!!!
PS if it wasnt for the WHITE PEOPLE WHO DIED and the WHITE PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT WHO VOTED AND THEN WENT TO WAR YOU STILL MIGHT BE A SLAVE!
Nice assumptions.
I'm white and a first-generation immigrant from eastern europe

I understand that the opportunities available to me in America are owed overwhelmingly to slave labor. The only reason America became an economic and industrial superpower is because of a "free" boost from black slaves -- this is a fact. If you deny this then I'd say you're ignorant of American history or are simply a racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael11747 View Post
I have no pity on any kind of trash from any race. There are poor people, then there is trash. Ignorant, uneducated, and careless people should never be allowed near firearms.
How classist of you!

It's interesting how you lumped in the term "careless", a trait which is mostly and aspect of one's personality, in the same list as uneducated (read: "poor"), ignorant (read: "uneducated", see "poor").
If you support gun ownership, support it for everyone but with strict background checks or don't support it for anyone at all.

None of this "trash" business -- humans are never garbage. This reminds me a lot of Jim Crow laws, specifically denying black people the right to vote due to the fact that they were too "ignorant" or "uneducated".

Last edited by ah yes of course; 01-26-2010 at 12:21 AM..

Old 01-26-2010, 12:24 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,731,246 times
ah yes of course the hand up has already been given on every conceivable level. At some point you really do need to witness successful blacks as being valid evidence that assistance is becoming less needed and headed for it's extinction. That is, unless there are too many incentives for poor to remain poor, and the uneducated to remain uneducated.

Classist? Rights are asserted for every citizen to take responsibility for their own lives. When do you plan on taking responsibility for your own?

Old 01-26-2010, 12:56 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,140,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
1) ***** your guns! ***** your guns! ***** your guns! ***** your guns a million times you friggin neanderthal!!!

great god, great food, great guns.

what else do we need?

could always be, less taxes, less goverment, less illegal aliens.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:29 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,853,289 times
California is basically Left-Wing Texas.

Big, brash, and oh so very full of themselves.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:34 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,853,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah yes of course View Post
*Pretty Dumb Cartoon*
You do know that pretty much only the South was built on slavery and it was almost completely destroyed during the Civil War. Also, considering that many majority white countries managed to build themselves up without resorting to slavery nor colonies shows how little that represents reality.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:49 AM

12,460 posts, read 19,999,178 times
Quote:
You're making a case that the cell phone while driving r is not dangerous
Nope, not making any such claim.

Quote:
Why you're resistant to doing some simple research is baffling and i think you wanna stay in the dark so you can justify stupid behavior and stupid thinking.
Why you are so resistant to actually supporting your point of view is baffling. Telling me to research your position is juvenile as it assumes your position is correct in the first place. Again, my question is what research shows that driving while using a cell-phone is more dangerous than numerous other things people do in their car.

Driving with kids in the car is distracting, should we make that illegal?

Quote:
For example, i can peel a banana with one hand and eat it without my eyes ever leaving the road.
And you can write a text without looking at the phone...just as I can type while not looking at my keyboard.
Can you do that while texting?

Anyhow, you are just yapping while ignoring the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies