Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:09 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
are you starting to see who runs the nation now?

The President is a puppett. Congress is full to the brim with corporate lawyer shills. Except for Dr. Ron Paul.
Government Sachs runs this mo-fo, and Obama is just a scarecrow, blowing in the wind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 01:32 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Hmm, makes me wonder what part of the private sector that 0bama likes.

He has personally, attacked, derided, maligned banks, insurance companies, corporations, executives, doctors, hospitals, oil companies, the health care industry, plumbers, drug companies, radio and cable TV broadcast companies, any private citizens who make over $250,000 a year, and any citizens who publicly speak their views to their elected representatives, oh yea, and the bitter clingers of small town America.

He may have maligned banks, but come on now, we know the story there. As far as the Banking Industry, it could not be more broken. So many problems arouse from Fannie and Freddie Mac, and what about the top CEO'S and there hefty bonuses, what is up with that. Where was the outrage after those bonuses. Barney Frank, CROOK BANKING QUEEN. Benerake should go, but at this point, will that help us out any.Who hasn't Obama personally attacked.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:17 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Obama mad at Wall Street, except Goldman Sach's.

"Is Goldman Sachs Controlling Washington?

Posted on: May 4th, 2009 | By Contrarian Profits | Filed under Top Story
Contrary to the prevailing analysis, we believe that the Obama and Bush administration insistence on protecting banks at the expense of the taxpayer is the result of a Machiavellian effort by Goldman Sachs and other major banks to influence U.S. economic policy by infiltrating the corridors of power.
Today, we duly note that Goldman Sachs has just hired former Barney Frank staffer Michael Paese to be its top Washington lobbyist. This position was formerly held by Mark Patterson, the current chief of staff at the Treasury.
Pease and Patterson are not the only ones to pass through the revolving door between Washington and Goldman. Bush’s Treasury secretary, Hank “The Hammer” Paulson is a former Goldman CEO. And his replacement, Tim Geithner, was mentored by Gerald Corrigan, a former New York Fed president and current partner and managing director of the Office of the Chairman of Goldman Sachs.
Who else was President Obama considering for Treasury secretary? Former Goldman hotshots Robert Rubin and Jon Corzine (now the governor of New Jersey).
Are other Goldman alumni close to government? Just a few… Ed Liddy, who the government appointed as CEO of AIG was Goldman’s vice chairman. World Bank president Robert Zoellick was a managing director. Neel Kashkari (an appropriate surname for a government bagman if ever there was one), the 35-year-old overseer of the TARP program was a vice president. And Geithner’s replacement as president of the New York Fed, William C. Dudley, is also a former Goldman employee.
Oh… and Robert Rubin was Treasury secretary under President Clinton. And former Goldman senior partner Stephen Friedman headed Bush’s National Economic Council in the first term. And Josh Bolton, another former Goldman golden boy, served as White House chief of staff under Bush.
The former CEO of the NYSE, John Thain, is also a Goldman alumnus. And his replacement, Duncan Niederauer, spent 22 years of his career at the bank.
Of course, these high-level appointments are probably just coincidental. Just as it was probably coincidental that on September 15, 2008, then New York Fed president Tim Geithner pressed for AIG’s biggest counterparty, Goldman Sachs, to help the insurer raise capital after it became clear that AIG was at risk of going bankrupt. And that on the same day Goldman’s current CEO, Lloyd Blankfein, was at the New York Fed. And that Goldman ended up in receipt of about $12 billion in tax dollars thanks to AIG’s wholesale credit-default swap unwinds after the government bailed out the insurance giant.
Oh… and which bank’s employees were among the largest donors to President Obama’s recent campaign, giving more than $884,000? You guessed it…
If it’s a conspiracy to believe that Goldman Sachs gets preferential treatment from White House administrations that are 1) in receipt of major funding from Goldman Sachs employees and 2) populated by former Goldman Sachs insiders, we’d love to know what the official explanation is.
Goldman’s close ties with Washington are important because during the recent “junk-stock rally” that has pushed up the value of bank stocks and taken pressure off a beleaguered White House, Goldman has been by far the biggest program trader by volume on the NYSE (where former Goldman boy Niederauer is CEO). And when we say by far the biggest, we mean by far the biggest."

Old 01-29-2010, 05:34 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
What’s becoming clear during the AIG Hearings is that—Geithner, Friedman, Paulson, Bernanke, and the SEC—sold U.S. Democracy down the river. Some are calling for indictments from NY State AG Cuomo since Obama appointee U.S. AG Eric Holder will not.

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner is not the only person who should be in hot water over the attempts by the government to counsel lawyers at AIG to skirt SEC requirements of full disclosure of creditors and promises to pay them. Think about this: Geithner’s lawyers from the NY Fed were trying to keep the public from learning that AIG owed $13 billion to Goldman Sachs and that AIG had promised to pay Goldman Sachs one hundred cents on the dollar.

Question, what was the day job of the then Chair of the New York Fed? Answer, he was the Chair of Goldman Sachs, Steven Friedman. Question: What was the former job of the then Secretary of the Treasury? Answer: He was the Chair of Goldman Sachs, Henry Paulson. If US Attorney General Eric Holder does not see enough here to empanel a federal grand jury to look at all this, perhaps NY State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo will. (halfway to concord)

i think that there might be indictments before this is over.

for a more detailed accounting of what went on, we have this:
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/gue...ng-plain-sight

the foxes are still in the henhouse.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
What’s becoming clear during the AIG Hearings is that—Geithner, Friedman, Paulson, Bernanke, and the SEC—sold U.S. Democracy down the river. Some are calling for indictments from NY State AG Cuomo since Obama appointee U.S. AG Eric Holder will not.

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner is not the only person who should be in hot water over the attempts by the government to counsel lawyers at AIG to skirt SEC requirements of full disclosure of creditors and promises to pay them. Think about this: Geithner’s lawyers from the NY Fed were trying to keep the public from learning that AIG owed $13 billion to Goldman Sachs and that AIG had promised to pay Goldman Sachs one hundred cents on the dollar.

Question, what was the day job of the then Chair of the New York Fed? Answer, he was the Chair of Goldman Sachs, Steven Friedman. Question: What was the former job of the then Secretary of the Treasury? Answer: He was the Chair of Goldman Sachs, Henry Paulson. If US Attorney General Eric Holder does not see enough here to empanel a federal grand jury to look at all this, perhaps NY State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo will. (halfway to concord)

i think that there might be indictments before this is over.

for a more detailed accounting of what went on, we have this:
Guest Post: Sham Transactions That Led To AIG's Downfall: The Ugly Truth Was Hiding In Plain Sight | zero hedge

the foxes are still in the henhouse.
While I completely agree that indictments are most likely warranted, you have too much faith in the justice system. My bet is that this will all be covered-up by our administration and the taxpayer will be left holding the bag... again. This whole thing reeks of corruption.

Perhaps living in Chicago and being used to political corruption has made me cynical, but I just don't see any of the political big-wigs doing any serious investigation. It will only hurt those in power, themselves.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:28 PM

236 posts, read 552,643 times
I totally agree. There will be no full investigation. Due to many people are receiving pay outs. Whether it be the banks, Fannie and Freddie, or politicians in general. Everyone is getting American citizens money except for those on mainstream. Obama is corrupt as the day is long. Obama knows to push against this or that only so far. How can the pot call the kettle black? When his wife received a job making $300,000.00 because he porked the hospital where she worked. There home purchased was with a radical (Rezko), his political career was induced by Bill Ayers, and who knows what other corrupt people or dealings he has done. I will make my money the hard way. Work for it. I am not dealing with any corrupt people. Now fast forward, the media and the democrats wanted us to believe this man is the answer to everything. Not hardly. Guess what? America's fell for it. The result a man who knows little to nothing on how the US Government or World Governments work. Today he spoke at a Republican meeting it was carried live by C-Span. He dodged questions, did not have answers for others, and sounded like a bumbling idiot. All I can say is this fraud has been pushed off on us. You all can sit and whine all you want. You'd better get those fingers nimble to start writing letters and make calls. Do not forget to vote intellectually in 2012. I will repeat Obama is on his way out. Too bad people could not see the forest for the trees. I was taking calls yesterday and a guy was telling me he lost his job. Now tell me this is not Obama's fault. This is happening on his watch not Bush. So the blame game and campaigning needs to stop. Talking about he feels confined in Washington. This was at the town hall in Ohio. Why did you run for such a high position? He knew he was not qualified. Even his wife said he never did anything.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:54 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
While I completely agree that indictments are most likely warranted, you have too much faith in the justice system. My bet is that this will all be covered-up by our administration and the taxpayer will be left holding the bag... again. This whole thing reeks of corruption.

Perhaps living in Chicago and being used to political corruption has made me cynical, but I just don't see any of the political big-wigs doing any serious investigation. It will only hurt those in power, themselves.
well, looks like i might have some good news for you!

This is really starting to get interesting. Not one, but two formal investigations into possible New York Fed 'misconduct' were announced late Monday night by TARP Inspector General Neil Barofsky, who will testify along with Tim Geithner on Wednesday before the House Oversight committee headed by Towns and Issa.

-----

The government watchdog of the Troubled Asset Relief Program has opened two new investigations as a result of documents obtained as part of a House investigation into the insurance giant AIG.

this is in addition to the previously launched probes identified in bloomberg today:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aPDumJvRYct0

people have been lying on tape and i don't think that can be ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies