Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Confederate Flag is a symbol of:
Racism, slavery, and segregation 129 49.62%
Southern culture, history, and freedom 131 50.38%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 07:55 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLove View Post
Okay whatever. Anyone who supports the Confederacy and all that they stood for is a racist. And that is how I approach you. TexasReb mindset is to defend the great confederacy at all costs. And look down upon the union as if they were the villains.

Are you serious you would rather live in hicktown, usa then the big city? It's like prison. I really feel isolated here. No good shopping, filled with the same boring chain resturants (though I mostly make homecooked meals), and there's really just nothing to do. If you do something less than desirable to the residents here everyone knows about it the next day. Be careful when visiting really small towns as they are not welcoming at all to newcomers. Backwards, I know. Been to NYC before and loved it. There's really no place quite like it.
No, there are no good guys/bad guys in war, only opposing sides. The reason why I defend the C.S.A. is because I had relation in that war and in the command of that very Army of Northern Virginia, and I'm proud of that. I defend the constitutionality of the secession and recognise how the union overstepped the bounds and hindered a peaceful resolution. I have that Confederate flag to preserve a memory, one that so many want to sweep under the rug, which is the most dangerous thing one can do.

And the reason why I want to live in "hicktown, usa" is because if you live in the right town it is not hard to make friends, you gain connections quickly, and it is a way of life that I have been accustomed to since day 1, I wouldn't give up my raising for anything. The reason why I want to go to the south is because I WANT TO TRY MY LUCK THERE! Because the kindest folks I've ever met were FROM THE SOUTH, and I want to see if I would fit in there, and find my place, and settle down the way I want to.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:02 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Bigger cities means more pollution and more crime--no thanks.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Okay whatever. Anyone who supports the Confederacy and all that they stood for is a racist. And that is how I approach you. TexasReb mindset is to defend the great confederacy at all costs. And look down upon the union as if they were the villains.

Are you serious you would rather live in hicktown, usa then the big city? It's like prison. I really feel isolated here. No good shopping, filled with the same boring chain resturants (though I mostly make homecooked meals), and there's really just nothing to do. If you do something less than desirable to the residents here everyone knows about it the next day. Be careful when visiting really small towns as they are not welcoming at all to newcomers. Backwards, I know. Been to NYC before and loved it. There's really no place quite like it.
It's about freedom from government, the Feds are not benevolent protectors.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:06 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It's about freedom from government, the Feds are not benevolent protectors.
Why don't you find a country that better suits your needs? Good luck!

Old 01-24-2010, 08:07 PM

Because there's no reason to leave the place of my birth--or for anyone else to do so, for that matter. We have the right to live free of government though, and to be independent and self-reliant.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:09 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
We have the right to live free of government though, and to be independent and self-reliant.
What makes this statement really funny is you directed it at someone living at home with their parents. Priceless.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:12 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Because there's no reason to leave the place of my birth--or for anyone else to do so, for that matter. We have the right to live free of government though, and to be independent and self-reliant.
No you don't & for you to think so reveals a serious lack of education.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:17 PM

61 posts, read 35,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
No, there are no good guys/bad guys in war, only opposing sides. The reason why I defend the C.S.A. is because I had relation in that war and in the command of that very Army of Northern Virginia, and I'm proud of that. I defend the constitutionality of the secession and recognise how the union overstepped the bounds and hindered a peaceful resolution. I have that Confederate flag to preserve a memory, one that so many want to sweep under the rug, which is the most dangerous thing one can do.

And the reason why I want to live in "hicktown, usa" is because if you live in the right town it is not hard to make friends, you gain connections quickly, and it is a way of life that I have been accustomed to since day 1, I wouldn't give up my raising for anything. The reason why I want to go to the south is because I WANT TO TRY MY LUCK THERE! Because the kindest folks I've ever met were FROM THE SOUTH, and I want to see if I would fit in there, and find my place, and settle down the way I want to.
Then I assume you know mostly everything a newcomer should know before living in the south. If that's the life you want then fine. If your the typical redneck southern guy then you'll fit in just fine. Believe me.

Me? I can't wait to leave this dump.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:23 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times
Quote:
Then I assume you know mostly everything a newcomer should know before living in the south. If that's the life you want then fine. If your the typical redneck southern guy then you'll fit in just fine. Believe me.

Me? I can't wait to leave this dump.
Have it your way. Your dump might be my treasure chest.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
No you don't & for you to think so reveals a serious lack of education.

Why are you afraid to be independent? Why do you need a nanny state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies