Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Confederate Flag is a symbol of:
Racism, slavery, and segregation 129 49.62%
Southern culture, history, and freedom 131 50.38%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 12:47 AM

392 posts, read 557,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I can tell that you and I would never agree.

You seem to live in an ideal world and and you are defending something that you admit that you have no personal experience with.

I can look back over my lifetime and I can tell you with authority that I've never known anyone who displayed the Confederate flag in any way that I would want as a friend. Truth is, those folks are few and far between. The ones that come to mind that were so "proud" of that flag were truly racists, bigots and rednecks.
I'm sorry to say it but that's been my personal experience.

Now, Robinstyler, I am bowing out of this conversation.

You have a nice day -- where ever it is that you're hailing from !
Gideon said, On this I must fully agree with you. I have never met anyone or known of anyone whom flies this flag, not to be hateful and racist. Inevitably they are alway racists and hateful towards people of color. Often times they are very violent and enjoy blaming America's social ills on people of color. Usually they enjoy flying the Skull and Bones flag also along side the confederate. This skull and bones flag holds occult meaning and practice to it also. When you see the two together, this usually means the flyer is a hard core heavy duty hater and racist.

Skull and bones society is another neo natzi group base at Harvard and formed in Germany. The Bushes were active members of this occult secret society as well as Bohemia Grove.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...ed=0CB4QsAQwAw

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...95917705734983#

Old 02-08-2010, 12:52 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,517,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
The two are vastly different; stars and stripe represent freedom, liberty, and justice for all. While the confederate represents tyranny, hatred, racism, and rebellion; which by the way is obsolete in the popular culture of American interest. Let's face it, confederate flag flyers are mostly racist, bigots with fat bellies and broken English and a few missing teeth. THe confederate flag does not fly over our capital, stars and striped do. The KKK using stars and stripes in a good example of perverting a great symbol of freedom. While them flying a confederate one dipicts the hatred and rebellion they hold for races which are of color.
The United States is and was guilty of tyranny-hence why people--even today, even those NOT from the South--want to leave it.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:52 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,110,328 times
failure on a large and unncessary scale.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksevers View Post
That is hateful and disgusting. God's wrath will be poured on this nation for many other reasons far GREATER than upon those who fly the confederate flag. Stay on subject, please, and stop attempting to hijack this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you feel you must continue on with these antics.

I fully agree it will be poured for many reasons, including and not limited to confederate flag hate groups. Where will you run when your flag can no longer be flown.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:56 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,517,452 times
Who's going to stop them? "Live free or die" was a popular Revolutionary War slogan, and just as popular with some today. I'd rather die, standing up for what I believe in, then live under the heel of government tyranny.

And it's not racism--I'm of the same socioeconomic class as the blacks I know. Dirt poor.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Oh, but your words say otherwise.

And, you are no Christian. Here is how I know this: True Christians do not go around spouting off that they are Christians. Yet here you come, and in just about every post, you are spouting off that you are Christian this or Christian that. REAL Christians do not do this. They do not wear their religion "on their sleeve" they way you are. You are a "False Prophet"

Now, let's bottom line this conversation shall we: A majority of folks view the Confederate Flag as something that relates to history, culture and a time of upheaval in this nation. There are some, a small minority, who use the Confederate Flag as a symbol of Hate and racism. It should be noted however, that these same people ALSO USE the United States Flag - the Stars and Stripes in their "ceremonies" and "marches". Yet, we don't say get rid of the US Flag.

No one here - I repeat NO ONE IS PLEDGING ALLEGIANCE to the Confederate Flag as you have repeatedly alleged. They do recognize it though for its historical significance.

I fly the United States Flag at my home. I also fly the Arizona State Flag. Yet your comments would seem to indicate that I am being anti American somehow for flying and/or showing respect for, a flag other than the United States Flag. To that, I strongly disagree.

You know Gideon, quite frankly if this were the TV Reality show Survivor, you would have been voted off the Island a long time ago. You're posting the same thing, over and over and over again.

Frankly Gideon, you are unable or incapable of defending your position - and this is PROVEN when you have denigrated others - called them names etc. When this happens as you have done so - you have lost your argument. Perhaps it is time to leave the island for a while, re-think your position, then maybe come back, a little calmer, a little more logical, a little less bigoted, and have an intelligent discussion of the issues with the others -

You may not reach agreement - but it is no reason for you, and them, to be disagreeable.
Gideon said, how foolish and ignorant can one be? True Christians never assume the authority, of God nor do they usurp it in telling someone they are not a Christian. Only God is the judge of that. Hey just keep loving that confederate racist flag of yours and I will keep serving Jesus, my king...Keep your guns also, I dont need one for protection, I have GOd for that.

The American flag is wonderful, never said it was bad; For you to say I think it is bad only proves you to be a liar. You love the confederate flag and defend it; but for you to defend the confederate only makes your character questionable by those whom have had bad experiences with confederate flag flyers. For you to say I am not saved only proves how foolish your are, even in God's eyes because his word tells us so. It is not your position to tell anyone they are not saved; God is only the Judge of that. So you have usurped God's authority; sorry but you can not get any more stupid than that spiritually. This could be an indication of your lostness.

Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Last edited by Gideon7620; 02-08-2010 at 01:14 AM..

Old 02-08-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The United States is and was guilty of tyranny-hence why people--even today, even those NOT from the South--want to leave it.
Gideon said, I agree, we are in trouble, but I really think something bad is going to happen in our homeland; a nature disaster of immence biblical proportions like never seen before. Babylon is fallen, is fallen.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:14 AM

12 posts, read 16,780 times
No disrespect meant 2 eithr one of u but a true christian who knows bettr wouldn't hang any flag since pledging allegance to it would constitute idolotry and Christ did not belive in nationalism or politics, only in Gods future kingdom(the new heaven and new earth), especially since the bible says the world is in the power of the wicked one (satan) so the goverments of the world are in turn under that power...

Old 02-08-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne413 View Post
No disrespect meant 2 eithr one of u but a true christian who knows bettr wouldn't hang any flag since pledging allegance to it would constitute idolotry and Christ did not belive in nationalism or politics, only in Gods future kingdom(the new heaven and new earth), especially since the bible says the world is in the power of the wicked one (satan) so the goverments of the world are in turn under that power...
Gideon said, render unto Ceasar that which is Caesar's but that which is God's can not be taken. This is a poor example of judging one's salvation again. Only God can judge who is a true Christian and who is not. A true Christian knows this to be true. So the Centurion whom confessed truly this is the son of God; holds no relevance to you. God appoints all men into office evil or good. Nebuchadnezzar was God's servant. Do you deny this? Obama is God's servant and we are to obey them that have the rule over us. I dont care if one thinks the man is evil; God in His providence has appointed him to accomplish His purpose. Now our obedience to man's authority ends with God's word instructing us.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:24 AM

12 posts, read 16,780 times
And about the confederate flag...cmon now I'm black u already kno how I feel about it :/. Its like tryin to use a swastika for a positive meaning..the stigma is allready there and its never gonna go away. In springfield mass dudes automatically assume ur a racsist if u rock a confederat design this is the first time in my life I knew there was non kkk supremacist types who cared for it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies