Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 06:57 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
You are 17 right? I have never seen such ignorance as some of the posts on this particular thread have exhibited. Who would ever think a kid with no life experience at all would threaten people who have fought for their country, paid taxes for decades, and helped to make this county what it is today? Only on an internet site I guess.
I'm not the one threatening America but I can read good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 07:00 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,225,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Apparently you can't. Who threatened America?

Old 01-26-2010, 07:04 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
Quote:
I don't think so, because I didn't read any threats from anyone except you. Also, you need to hone up on your grammar skills, because it is "read well". Well is an adverb modifying the verb read, which is what you were trying to do.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:09 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Quote:
You shouldn't be so hard on your family
I left high school back in high school...you should try the same, Grasshopper.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
Don't forget to ban Presidents day since we had Presidents that owned slaves. Oh and Independence Day since it celebrates the birth of a slave holding nation. HA!
And the British flag. Because what the hell did they try to do to the US? No more UK flags on t-shirts, hanging in windows, etc. Ban 'em. And then we should cut all ties with England b/c you know, they tried to control us, by supporting the confederacy.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
I don't think so, because I didn't read any threats from anyone except you. Also, you need to hone up on your grammar skills, because it is "read well". Well is an adverb modifying the verb read, which is what you were trying to do.
Thanks for the correction. I get one credit in my Current Affairs class for participating on C-D [but not on the Sports forum]. My teacher reads what I write though not everything

Old 01-26-2010, 07:13 PM

621 posts, read 1,054,095 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about or condemning the South. The issue is the Confederate flag that only a very small number of white racists & ignorant people cling to for security. Those people are weak & impotent & in no way represent the South or America. Just a bunch of sore losers with no education. Nobody wants to be associated with such morons.

The U.S. Flag flew over slavery a full 70 years before the Confederate States of America came into existence. The Confederate Flag never flew over the Ships that brought the slaves over here.

To top it all off, the Confederate States of America freed her slaves in 1863; the Federal Union didn’t do it until 1868 with the passage of the 13th amendment.

Read More (http://www.federationofstates.org/flag.htm - broken link)

Old 01-26-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
I left high school back in high school...you should try the same, Grasshopper.
Why should I drop out of high school? I get good grades & use some of the discussions on C-D for class. I'm tiring to get more students to join C-D.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Why should I drop out of high school? I get good grades & use some of the discussions on C-D for class. I'm tiring to get more students to join C-D.
Well please stop because kids with no life experience are just going to get slapped around.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:39 PM

621 posts, read 1,054,095 times
Quote:
Anybody who tries to defend the Confederacy is a person with serious problems of judgment & self-identity. I've come to the conclusion that they are America haters who are dangerous to our nation. Not only traitors but people who should be closely watched. I hope the FBI monitors this site.
You think it's OK to arrest people who have individual opinions and express themselves peacefully?

Do you really believe it's anti-American to peacefully disagree with your government's behavior?

If you do, you either don't know your American History or misunderstood it. Please go back and learn it.

The statements you are making are very creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies