Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 03:05 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,046,032 times

Advertisements

I think they were angry over government bailouts and government looking out for Wall Street to the impoverishment of Main Street.

I think Rush and the fair and balanced crew were also mad at the Big O over bailouts (though I could be wrong on this).

So what are the positions of the above named on the right winger judges (some of them appointed by Bush junior & senior) ruling that corporations should have all the rights enjoyed by natural persons who have U.S. citizenship?

Old 01-24-2010, 03:13 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
I think they were angry over government bailouts and government looking out for Wall Street to the impoverishment of Main Street.

I think Rush and the fair and balanced crew were also mad at the Big O over bailouts (though I could be wrong on this).

So what are the positions of the above named on the right winger judges (some of them appointed by Bush junior & senior) ruling that corporations should have all the rights enjoyed by natural persons who have U.S. citizenship?
The Tea Baggers are a creation of big business so of course they will always take that side even if it is against their own best interest. These people are not "the people". They are a front group for big pharma and big insurance and big banks. Who do you think pays for these rallies and busses?

Old 01-24-2010, 03:14 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Is it possible to post a more biased header?

Old 01-24-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is it possible to post a more biased header?
Where's the bias?

It was the right wing of the SC that ruled that corporations are people too?

I phrased a legitimate question, and if you yourself are a tea bagger and/or right winger, I'd like you to answer it.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:23 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I thought it was a "free speech" clause and not particularly about corporations being equal to people but being recognized as an entity... For me, I would say "Fight Fire with Fire"... if the Liberals choose to put Special Interests into the government then let all Hell break loose... if that's the game that liberals play then they will just have to accept the evil that they created...

Old 01-24-2010, 03:35 PM
CSG

201 posts, read 383,128 times
Ah, here we go with the name calling again. Want to know why your side is heading south again? Lack of respect for opposition points of view and using derogatory sexual terms to describe your opponents. Way to win people over to your cause.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:40 PM

Okay let me rephrase the query so that it will be crystal clear to all.

1. The Tea Baggers who were angry over the Big O's continuation of bailouts and felt the administration was looking out for Wall Street rather than Main Street

&

2.The right wingers whether Rush, Fox News or any other right wingers that were critical of the bailouts and spoke on Big O's team not looking out for Main Street but Big Business

For the ABOVE NAMED in 1 & 2 here is are my questions.

What is your take on the right wing members of the Supreme Court ruling that corporations are:

a. essentially like people;

b. deserve the same constitutional rights and protections of natural persons who are U.S. citizens;

c. can now exert more of their vast wealth into the campaigns of candidates seeking elected office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG View Post
Ah, here we go with the name calling again. Want to know why your side is heading south again? Lack of respect for opposition points of view and using derogatory sexual terms to describe your opponents. Way to win people over to your cause.
I believe the group referred to in 1 named and referred to themselves as Tea Baggers. If this is not the case what is the name they prefer to refer to themselves as.

I will change my posts and thread title to that term.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:43 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
Quote:
What's The Tea Bag Take On How The Right Winger SC Judges Claim Corps "are people too"?
My take on that word is everyone that uses it is either gay or in the closet still. So which one are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Okay let me rephrase the query so that it will be crystal clear to all.

1. The Tea Baggers
yep, got it on the mind

Old 01-24-2010, 03:54 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Tea Baggers are a creation of big business so of course they will always take that side even if it is against their own best interest. These people are not "the people". They are a front group for big pharma and big insurance and big banks. Who do you think pays for these rallies and busses?

As for big Pharma and big insurance, you must have been on the Moon this last year since you seem to be unaware that they were bought off by the administration in exchange for their support of Obammacare.

When I attended Tea Parties, I paid for my own gas, poster board and marker. I never saw a single bus at any of the three Tea Parties I attended. Maybe you're thinking of the ACORN and SEIU operatives who were brought in to harass and threaten honest citizens at the town hall meetings.

You should attend a Tea Party before repeating MSNBC and CNN's misinformation. If you did, you would learn that a Tea Party consists of a makeshift stage and a PA system set up in a public park.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:10 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
The problem is there is no one to buy backing to oppose or scream about the ruling.

It's been pointed to again and again Tea Parties have big corporate sponsors, it's in black and white for everyone to see filed away. Most of the money raised doesn't go to changing anything or more rallies, it lines the pockets of the backers. It is just amazing that even after it comes out, people don't believe a word of it and still defend their fleecers.

You can fudge opinions without worries, but you can't fudge a cash flow sheet without going to prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies