Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2010, 12:38 PM

757 posts, read 802,949 times

Advertisements

Most of the people who have been "reeducated" admit that they still have homosexual desires. Ted Haggard comes to mind. They just have chose not to act upon them. Basically they have chosen to live a lie based upon what other people think of them or expect of them.

"To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."
William Shakespeare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 12:38 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
you see all the time these people that were in normal marriages with kids and then all of a sudden they are leaving their spouse for another man or woman (homo).
Actually that's called finally coming out of the closet. Because of laws against homosexuality back in the 40s, 50s and 60s (and some even remaining into the new century) the only way for a homosexual man to live was to lie about his sexuality, marry a woman, have kids and sneak around for 'pleasure'. Eventually he (or she, in the case of a lesbian) becomes tired of living what is essentially a big lie. He's tired of lying to himself along with everyone else in his life.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
I do believe that gay people can turn themselves straight again. It may be difficult, but it's not impossible.
What do you mean "again"? They were never straight to begin with! A person is either heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual. (Or, in some cases, asexual - not interested in sex of any kind.)

Old 01-28-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I've considered it. It destroys my sense of worth as a human being when my family tells me they wish I would get aids, that God hates me and has a special place in hell for me, they call me a ****** every time they talk to me, and tell me I have no future and am bound for a life of misery and death. They tell me I can change if I just pray and if I try to show them science they will accuse me of working for Satan. My mom actually told me when she talks to me she feels like she is talking to Satan himself. Most gay people don't have it near as bad as I do but I am sure there are others out there and I can totally understand why gay teens in extremist families would want to kill themselves.
As a Christian, I find your mother's attitude to be despicable. I simply cannot imagine ever telling ANYONE something like that, no matter what they may have done. And to refuse to even examine scientific evidence that might refute what they believe? Sorry, but I figure their beliefs must not be too strong if they refuse to question them. I wish there was a smilie to depict a hug, because you deserve a big one.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
No, I accept the overwhelming science Ive read on sexual orientation...as you say, and much like sexual orientation, my choice..lol
I'll likely regret asking because I probably can guess where you saw most of this 'science', but have you got any links to this info?

Old 01-28-2010, 01:24 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I'll likely regret asking because I probably can guess where you saw most of this 'science', but have you got any links to this info?

We all have "links" for our perspectives, the internet is full of links..so whatever your guesses are are right..

Old 01-28-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
We all have "links" for our perspectives, the internet is full of links..so whatever your guesses are are right..
Yeah, I found that out when I saw the link you posted in reply to Jaymax. Sorry but I don't go to Christian sites for information on scientific matters any more than I would go to a scientific source for info on Christianity.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:52 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Good science is good science, and most of the time, good science on sexual orientation doesn't come from conservative religious organizations whose purpose is to denounce homosexuality.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:30 PM

287 posts, read 547,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Good science is good science, and most of the time, good science on sexual orientation doesn't come from conservative religious organizations whose purpose is to denounce homosexuality.
Natural selection is the process by which heritable traits that make it more likely for an organism to survive and successfully reproduce become more common in a population over successive generations.

Charles Darwin's theory of Natural Selection alone refutes this common fallacy of Homosexuality as in fact Biological.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:36 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballakev View Post
Natural selection is the process by which heritable traits that make it more likely for an organism to survive and successfully reproduce become more common in a population over successive generations.

Charles Darwin's theory of Natural Selection alone refutes this common fallacy of Homosexuality as in fact Biological.
No it does not. homosexuality is most likely a polygenetic trait carried by 'straight' couples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies