Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Obama be a 1 Term or 2 Term President?
1 Term 74 71.84%
2 Term 29 28.16%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 06:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times

Advertisements

2 followed by 2 more terms of another Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 06:55 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
2 followed by 2 more terms of another Obama.
troll FAIL.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:55 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,703,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
Like it or not, Obama will be a 2-termer. He was quite lucky to run during an economic meltdown attributed (somewhat unfairly) to the incumbent party. His luck will hold out because 3 years is the general consensus among economists (the same ones who calmly and clearly predicted the recession) as to when the economy will be partying like it's 1999 again. Even though his actions probably had little to nothing to do with the economic cycles, he'll be able to point out how bad things were in 2008/9 and how much better they are in 2012. "Don't fix something that ain't broke." He'll say, and all the sheeple will listen to him and ignore the screaming of the lunatic fringe of the GOP and the intelligent but hopeless pontificating of 3rd parties.

The GOP can field a centrist Obama clone in skirt, white, or alternate color and run a good loser's race and fade into obscurity, or they can offer up a sacrificial wingnut for the incumbent to slaughter and keep their reasonable candidates safely stabled until 2016.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
The upswing begins now. Just watch. Public opinion will start turning back toward him. Scott Brown was a great blessing for him.

Economy recovers in the next year or so; he gets the fiscal house in order now that we're done deficit spending like every nation did during this crisis; he ends Iraq and ramps down the Afghanistan surge ... 6 - 9 months to campaign, and he's back in.
Best two post here IMO. If he gets relected, this is why.

However, if the unemployment rate is better than when he started and golds at $4000 an oz I can't see him getting relected...

Old 01-26-2010, 06:57 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Best two post here IMO. If he gets relected, this is why.

However, if the unemployment rate is better than when he started and golds at $4000 an oz I can't see him getting relected...
All he has to do is follow Vietnam's example and pass a law prohibiting gold from being sold.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:05 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Will Obama be a 1 Term or 2 Term President?
Republican vote will split in the presidential election and obama will be reelected however he will deal with a Republican congress

Old 01-26-2010, 07:14 AM

19,528 posts, read 9,543,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
What I don't get is why is it now UnAmerican to be American? Someone came through our office yesterday collecting for Haiti and I did not give as did anyone else in my particular office. They they had the nerve to ask why we will not donate.

I said quite frankly, I would rather give to someone in my Country who can use the money such as a family that lost their house and now living out of their car or can not afford to feed their children. Then they looked at me and said...................Ready for this???? I am nothing more than a racist. I guess we are not permitted to look out after our own first.

I guess I went a bit off topic, but am still steamed about that.

Okay back to the poll.....Unless Obama pulls a rabit out of his rear end, he is clearly a 1 termer.

That is not for them to be asking. Donating should be strictly a volunteer thing. One should not be pressured to give reasons. Many business and gov't frown on people doing any kind of fundraising.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:50 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
The upswing begins now. Just watch. Public opinion will start turning back toward him. Scott Brown was a great blessing for him.

Economy recovers in the next year or so; he gets the fiscal house in order now that we're done deficit spending like every nation did during this crisis; he ends Iraq and ramps down the Afghanistan surge ... 6 - 9 months to campaign, and he's back in.
Okay Amazing Kreskin: But will the Real Estate Market turn around

Old 01-26-2010, 07:57 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Depends....if unemployment is still over 10 in 2012, then he wont,,,otherwise yes

Old 01-26-2010, 07:59 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Scott Brown would have beat Obama if it would have been a run for the big office, instead of just a senate seat against.

Scott Brown could run in an election tomorrow against Obama and win by a landslide.
Most likely.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:11 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Default Dnf

Need more poll choices.
Suspect he will be impeached at some point or simply asked to leave by the American people due to incompetence and rejection of his off the wall agenda of change. He comes across as a bad E-bay seller who misrepresents his product. He or rather the fixed agenda handed to him is not acceptable.

Something about PO portrays him as a disinterested player whose only perceived talent is speaking empty words on que. He seems more of a figurehead than a leader or visionary. All the work is left to his unsavory minions, whose only job requirement is membership in a tight circle of a socio-political agenda driven cascade of related organizations. Everytime a beam of light hits one of the creepy crawlies they have to leave their post.

Figure he will be DNF as in 'did not finish' but then again Bill survived impeachment and disbarment so maybe PO will finish one term. The longer he stays the less esteem he will earn in history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies