Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Obama be a 1 Term or 2 Term President?
1 Term 74 71.84%
2 Term 29 28.16%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:23 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,954,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Need more poll choices.
Suspect he will be impeached at some point or simply asked to leave by the American people due to incompetence and rejection of his off the wall agenda of change. He comes across as a bad E-bay seller who misrepresents his product. He or rather the fixed agenda handed to him is not acceptable.

Something about PO portrays him as a disinterested player whose only perceived talent is speaking empty words on que. He seems more of a figurehead than a leader or visionary. All the work is left to his unsavory minions, whose only job requirement is membership in a tight circle of a socio-political agenda driven cascade of related organizations. Everytime a beam of light hits one of the creepy crawlies they have to leave their post.

Figure he will be DNF as in 'did not finish' but then again Bill survived impeachment and disbarment so maybe PO will finish one term. The longer he stays the less esteem he will earn in history.
Well said.

With the political climate being what it currently is.....it's very difficult to see this POTUS last for 3 more years and he doesn't really care if he sees a second term anyway.
Demands for his resignation will likely, increase and all options to seek impeachment will be considered.
But....being that he's the first minority to hold the highest office....expect him to get plenty of breaks that other POTUS'S would not.

As a result, impeachment is not likely and a resignation.....very doubtful at this time. But that could easily change in a NY minute.
Otherwise....it's 3 more years of HELL and that's it.....for this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 08:23 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,704,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
All he has to do is follow Vietnam's example and pass a law prohibiting gold from being sold.
Good insight, rep to you. Yup, wouldn't be surprised if something like that is bundled in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Depends....if unemployment is still over 10 in 2012, then he wont,,,otherwise yes
I originally agreed, but upon further thought, lets say it bottoms out at 12.5%, they scapecoat someone like Geithner and fire him but at the time of election it's 10%...Some folk would see that as an improvement and vote for him.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:51 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Right now I'm not seeing the opposition. I need to know who the opposition will be.

I refuse to support tax hiking Mike Huckabee. I would think once others knew that he was a tax hiker, his slight edge over other possible GOP candidates would slip.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:24 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Obama: I'd rather be a 'really good' one-termer than a 'mediocore' two-termer - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

Obama: I'd rather be a 'really good' one-termer than a 'mediocore' two-termer

President Obama today, before the Los Angeles Lakers event.

President Obama told Diane Sawyer of ABC News today that he would continue pursuing an ambitious agenda because, "I'd rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president."

Despite new problems with a health care bill and other political setbacks, Obama said he doesn't want to look back on his presidency and say, "All I was interested in was nurturing my own popularity."

IS THIS DUDE STILL TAKING A BACK-HANDED SLAP AT BUSH??
Sounds like it, to me.....

Old 01-26-2010, 09:33 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,954,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Obama: I'd rather be a 'really good' one-termer than a 'mediocore' two-termer - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

Obama: I'd rather be a 'really good' one-termer than a 'mediocore' two-termer

President Obama today, before the Los Angeles Lakers event.

President Obama told Diane Sawyer of ABC News today that he would continue pursuing an ambitious agenda because, "I'd rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president."

Despite new problems with a health care bill and other political setbacks, Obama said he doesn't want to look back on his presidency and say, "All I was interested in was nurturing my own popularity."

IS THIS DUDE STILL TAKING A BACK-HANDED SLAP AT BUSH??
Sounds like it, to me.....
I dunno....but that picture makes me think he had some serious flatulence going on.
FART attack in progress.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:42 AM

380 posts, read 642,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Depends if Sarah runs. 1 term if she doesn't. 2 terms if she does.
I agree. Palin is extremely polarizing, and she is permanently branded as stupid a la Dan Quayle due to those 2 unfortunate interviews.

Don't get me wrong. I like her and her principles. But she is unelectable to national office.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:47 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,855,106 times
Even if there is a noticable shift in congress from the present Democratic majority to a more conservative and Republican majority, Obama will bear the burden of everything that goes wrong. Look at how Bush has taken the fall for everything in spite of the fact that there has been a Democratic majority enacting legislation even during much of his last term.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:50 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times

Old 01-26-2010, 09:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I am counting on the Republicans nominating Ms. Palin with some other RW fanatic.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:53 AM

10,183 posts, read 11,169,862 times
I' voted for 1 term. 1 Term too long - in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies