Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Obama be a 1 Term or 2 Term President?
1 Term 74 71.84%
2 Term 29 28.16%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 09:55 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,954,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I' voted for 1 term. 1 Term too long - in my opinion.
Shouldn't have gotten to where he did in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 01:53 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am counting on the Republicans nominating Ms. Palin with some other RW fanatic.
Who is the real fanatic? Mrs. (not "Ms.") Palin or a president and Democrats who want to force government-run "health care" on people who don't want it?

Old 01-26-2010, 03:04 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,954,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Who is the real fanatic? Mrs. (not "Ms.") Palin or a president and Democrats who want to force government-run "health care" on people who don't want it?
NO doubt!

I'll "settle" for a fanatic like Sarah Palin........ANYDAY over anyone we have in "control" or in "power" at the moment!

I would just hope that she could lead a third viable party and truly bash some heads within the other 2!

I still have a lingering fear of the GOP and don't trust their party either.
For all I know, this entire prog. movement has been in the making for the past several administrations and Bush and the Pubs. possibly KNEW we were gonna suffer.......in a huge way..... once their idea of "solutions" to our problems were implemented under 2 term of GW.
I can't help but think this to a degree.
NOW.....they are all just sittin back, lickin their greedy chops.......patiently awaiting THEIR turn to take total control again.

Well....some people might think this scenario is just what the doctor ordered.
They might want to think again.

If history has any truth or value as to what the future just might hold........we ARE in SERIOUS trouble!
The GOP gets it all back, an even bigger mess than that left by GW....thanks to what BO and the Dems. are doing at this time.
And who's to say......WHAT they "could" do with policy, legislation and reform......when this country could be more divided than ever.....and on the brink.
Somehow I doubt that instant SMALL Govt. and massive reduction in spending....would take place in a truly beneficial way.
EVERYTHING would NEED to CHANGE in a DRASTIC WAY..........no matter WHO or from which party.....gets into the Oval office in '12.

The reality is that the Progressives are so entrenched within America now........TOTALLY stopping them from succeeding at their ultimate agenda.....is very slim at this point.
NOW....that enough Americans have a better idea of the history of these people, their patience, their methodical planning and sheer desire to achieve it on a global scale.......it's going to lead to something horrible and irreversible if history is a good indicator.

Like they said on Apollo 13......"Houston....we have a problem."

We have entered a dark chapter in American history, IMO.
And we are definitely a full decade into it too.

Last edited by Sign; 01-26-2010 at 03:26 PM..

Old 01-26-2010, 03:17 PM

24,429 posts, read 23,092,690 times
He'll either resign or be impeached before the end of his first term or not be allowed to run to avoid certain defeat. Hillary will run and lose unless the republicans really nominate a basket case. Even then an independant could swing it either way getting 10% of the vote

Old 01-26-2010, 03:24 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,756,715 times
I am wishing for only one term, but if he manages to learn how to be the POTUS then perhaps two.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:27 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,236,639 times
A one term failure. The giant white rabbit takes down another one.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:28 PM

4,288 posts, read 10,775,641 times
He's probably out if the Republicans run a strong candidate. But that is far from a sure bet...

Old 01-26-2010, 03:37 PM

236 posts, read 552,961 times
Obama will be a one term President. People are starting to wake up. Look at his policies, government take overs, change, change, and more change. Yet none of it is right. Nominations being challenged, budget over 1,000,000,000,000, 000.00 dollars. Now he is backtracking talking about cutting the budget. Only after we Americans start to protest. I say out with the old and in with the new. Vote with intelligence in 2012. Not popularity. It is our future that is at stake. I remember reading his background and found no substance at all. He was voted in because it was the popular thing to do and people wanted to repair what was done during the era of slavery. That can never be undone. We can grant equal opportunity for all. Yes, I know many will say opportunities are equal. You all know this is not true.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:13 PM

45,452 posts, read 60,666,498 times
Too soon to tell.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:41 PM

563 posts, read 519,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
That is not for them to be asking. Donating should be strictly a volunteer thing. One should not be pressured to give reasons. Many business and gov't frown on people doing any kind of fundraising.
Florida is so diverse to the point that it is rediculous. When I used to work retail, a Spanish customer asked if I spoke Spanish in better English than many Americans I know. I said no and then lectured me on how this is Miami and yaddy yaddy yaddy, then asked for a Mgr who spoke Spanish. Long story short, she left mad. He told me that she wanted a discount for me not able to speak her language to help her out.

What is this Country coming to?

I love how they tell me I am wrong for not donating for an out of state cause. I should never have to give a reason, but in cases like helping outside my own Country, I am proud to say I support other American's first. If they don't like it, they can jump back on whatever boat they sailed in on and head right back home!

I'm sure your President will give outsiders money, food stamps, roof over their heads, jobs and do everything to help them out before our own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies