Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Obama be a 1 Term or 2 Term President?
1 Term 74 71.84%
2 Term 29 28.16%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 04:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
All he has to do is follow Vietnam's example and pass a law prohibiting gold from being sold.

Here is the problem.

You make it sound as if this is his country, a dictator, a King.

I got news for you.... "WE THE PEOPLE" in big font, before the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 05:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
The last time we went down this trail, we got Woodrow Wilson.

Look what we got out of that!!!

It set the stage and the progressive to the Great Depression, that took a World War, to pull us out of.

Thomas Woodrow Wilson (December 28, 1856 – February 3, 1924)[1][2] was the 28th President of the United States. A leading intellectual of the Progressive Era, he served as President of Princeton University from 1902 to 1910, and then as the Governor of New Jersey from 1911 to 1913. With Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft dividing the Republican Party vote, Wilson was elected President as a Democrat in 1912.
In his first term, Wilson persuaded a Democratic Congress to pass the Federal Reserve Act, Federal Trade Commission, the Clayton Antitrust Act, the Federal Farm Loan Act and America's first-ever federal progressive income tax in the Revenue Act of 1913. Wilson brought many white Southerners into his administration, and tolerated their expansion of segregation in many federal agencies.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Well said.

With the political climate being what it currently is.....it's very difficult to see this POTUS last for 3 more years and he doesn't really care if he sees a second term anyway.
Demands for his resignation will likely, increase and all options to seek impeachment will be considered.
But....being that he's the first minority to hold the highest office....expect him to get plenty of breaks that other POTUS'S would not.

As a result, impeachment is not likely and a resignation.....very doubtful at this time. But that could easily change in a NY minute.
Otherwise....it's 3 more years of HELL and that's it.....for this one.

Thank you for the best Post. Most plus the media, can now see thru him, he is so transparent. I heard late last nite, as i was watching tv, things are just going to get worse here in 2010. With one of the worst housing situations ever, an getting worse by the minute. The loan modifications that most seek to get a legs up and help them out, has not worked, The Banks and Loan Companies, went ahead and foreclosed on the People's Properties anyways, telling then they would not. And then they said a grim 2010 outlook. People would of had enough of him, by that time, believe me.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:19 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
The dude is definitely a gifted speaker, for sure, no doubt about it, but in my oppinion, that's where his expertise ends. One term, hands down.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:35 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,475,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The dude is definitely a gifted speaker, for sure, no doubt about it, but in my oppinion, that's where his expertise ends. One term, hands down.
Only when he's reading a teleprompter is he a good speaker. When he doesn't have the teleprompter he's really lost and stumbles badly, thus I give him a C-/D+ on that. His expertise ends at the teleprompter however. He's a complete failure as President and never should have reached being a Senator.

Obama used teleprompter to speak to 6th grade class

Old 01-26-2010, 07:09 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,701 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Only when he's reading a teleprompter is he a good speaker. When he doesn't have the teleprompter he's really lost and stumbles badly, thus I give him a C-/D+ on that. His expertise ends at the teleprompter however. He's a complete failure as President and never should have reached being a Senator.
Obama used teleprompter to speak to 6th grade class

Great post....but you were far too generous with your grade of his

speaking ability.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:41 AM

563 posts, read 518,964 times
I take a train to work and then a shuttle towards my office. They play an African American radio station. They were talking about tonights speach by your President tonight and went on to say that the dems, independants, and african americans need to get out of their dillusion that he is not the answer. First off that is not a dillusion, he is horrible and second, when was african americans added to a seperate party?

Today was the last straw of having that station played on a County Transportation. I don't need anyone ramming Obama down my throat. I put a call into the County today. Curious to see if they have a different station on or just off all together.

Someone please wake me up in 2012 when I can start feeling like an American again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies