Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 01:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
Holy crap, he breathes in there???? The audacity!

As the SS agent who took me on my tour of the White House put it, it's a real, working building. Not a museum. People spill on the couches, get mud on the carpets, knock the tables, etc.
Maybe he should use a respirator, one of those fancy ones to protect against Swine Flu, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Sorry. I have a life outside. I don't spend it searching the internet for tidbits that I think will make the other side look bad and make me feel good.

Besides, I thought it was against City Data rules to usee that G...term.

No, there's no picture there. Contrary to what you may believe, I don't follow every link that is posted on the forums. Most aren't worth the time or the effort, and I didn't bother with that one either.

Katiana, thanks. I saw those, and also saw the other (which you could have included since you threw Ford in there, and we weren't talking about Ford. Or, were we, and I missed that too? )
I don't look at all the links, either. I just mentioned Ford b/c his picture was posted with his feet on the desk. No other reason.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:24 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Obama putting his feet on the desk pales in comparison to what JFK and Clinton probably did on that desk! And most likely it involved body parts other than the feet.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:28 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,277,851 times
Don't think they were the first to get some on that desk.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:33 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,737 times
Quote:
Sorry. I have a life outside. I don't spend it searching the internet for tidbits that I think will make the other side look bad and make me feel good..

No, there's no picture there. Contrary to what you may believe, I don't follow every link that is posted on the forums. Most aren't worth the time or the effort, and I didn't bother with that one either.
But you spend time judging others for "spending much time" to find a pic of Bush, when that is not true.
And you don`t have the decency to correct yourself. No matter if you`ve seen the link or not, you have misjudged a lot of people by your statement.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:36 PM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlbuffalo1 View Post
who cares--I really don't think he's putting disgusting mud covered boots on there!

I work in an office where the boys throw a football and talk on the phone like that feet up on desk--so maybe it just doesn't seem weird to me?
Maybe you should THINK ? Maybe, it's possible that there are no 130 year old antique desks given to a president of the United States decorating your place of employment?

I guarantee you that were I to visit grandma's house and put my feet up on a piece of antique furniture of way less historic value, I would have been corrected.

However, this issue is not nearly as dramatic or important as both Obama and Bush using the constitution as a coaster for their morning cups of fascism/communism, err ... coffee.

It just demonstrates a pattern and a mindset.

And everyone needs to get off of this craziness about Bush did this and Obama is doing that. BOTH of these clowns have defiled the office to which they have infested like cockroaches. BOTH OF THEM

It's time we stopped viewing this as a football game between the Redskins and Cowboys, and started realizing that ALL of them are disrespecting our country, our people, and our constitution, from Bush's illegal wars, to Obama's flagrant continuation of the same, in spite of campaign pledges for change.

This business about propping up his feet on "A DESK" may seem like nit-picking, until you realize that it is not "just a desk", but is an historic piece of American history. The act of doing this is simply symbolic of his overall mindset, and when analyzed, in context, is a disgusting display of disrespect for OUR WHITE HOUSE.

Bush is just as guilty, so lets agree that disrespect is disrespect, regardless of who is doing it.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:42 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Sorry. I have a life outside. I don't spend it searching the internet for tidbits that I think will make the other side look bad and make me feel good.
And yet, for all the exciting and fabulous life you obviously lead, you have managed to find time to respond not once, but twice, to others who did find a picture to respond to a post that chastises the President for something that is no big deal.

I guarantee you it has taken you more time to type your posts, whine about terms of service, and make cheap shots about "leftists" that it did to run a quick google image search.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:47 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
This is still Bush's fault somehow.

FINA A NEW LINE PLEASE, THIS IS SO OLD AND SO LAUGHABLE.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:53 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,277,851 times
I wonder if Hillary, Michelle, Barbara or Laura have ever had their "feet" on the desk?

Old 01-26-2010, 01:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
I'am definitely not an Obama fan here, but there is a point to good Manners, i was taught them and so was my children now grown up. However being not a fan of his, I think there are quite more things to criticize Obama on, the putting his feet on a table, more issues with far more importance. Like fix the dang economy, where are the jobs, and do something about the worst housing sitatuion that we have seen and growing worse by the minute. And it's Obama's FAULT.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:55 PM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
I wonder if Hillary, Michelle, Barbara or Laura have ever had their "feet" on the desk?
I don't know, but is was rumored that Lewinski spent a lot of time under it ... oh wait, different desk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies