Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:16 AM

20,421 posts, read 12,341,203 times

Advertisements

I tell them this is not Massachusetts, this is Texas. There is no crying in Texas. If you want to be a crybaby move to Massachusetts.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:20 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,702,948 times
Don't depend on anyone for anything
If you fail it's your own fault
Don't kill babys
what you stick in who is your own affair
help others when you can
be proud of your race.
serve your country etc, etc.etc

Old 01-27-2010, 09:21 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,830,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Maybe they tell their kids never to feed the hungry because they will only breed!
There use to be a homeless man that each day was around where McCain supporters were holding a street rally. Obama supporters would also show up.

Which supporters McCain or Obamas do you think gave the man something to eat and drink each day

Old 01-27-2010, 09:21 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,764,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Abortion is murder..... and if you had read my link in post 21 you would know that the right give much more to charity than the left do. It is obvious that we care about others more than the left does. Also, I know not one single conservative in real life that "hates gays"

Try again
How is it obvious you care more about others?
You're anti-choice and once the kid is born, you could care less. The "right" would rather cut Medicaid programs for low income kids, they would rather get rid of reduced-rate lunch and breakfast programs for kids, and the list goes on. You only care that a woman gives birth and after that, "You're on your own sucka!"

What defines a charity? Some on the right may see a "Pregnancy Resource Center" that lies to women about abortion and refuses to tell them about abortion services in the area/city/state as a "charity." Some on the left see it as a political donation. What say you?

Charity isn't always about money. It can be your time, your skills, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
Why does being conservative automatically connect me with religion? I am completely agnostic/ borderline atheist and have been voting/arguing conservative ideology my whole life. God isn't my motivation, my responsiblity to the human race to be accountable for myself, to help those truely in need, stay out of other peoples business, and provide as much as I can for my family and country is my motivation, and that is what I'll tell my kids.
Most Conservatives I know are bible-beating Christians.
I know the Republican party isn't exactly Conservative but a lot of people who claim to be Conservative prefer a right-wing brand of Christianity.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:24 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,160,486 times
I guess the Republicans tell their children...
-god wants you to be wealthy.
-god oriented people are superior to all others. No, we're not perfect, just better than the others.
-be suspicious of anyone that isn't exactly like us...because they are probably evil.
-money and materialism are the ultimate goods in life. People who don't believe so are no good.
-there isn't a world problem that can't be solved with bombs.
-be obedient, always do as you're told.
-and finally, no matter what others tell you, always remember that they are always wrong.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:27 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,657,184 times
"When you break in to the hotel/office/whatever don't be stupid enough to get caught."

Old 01-27-2010, 09:31 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,830,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
You're anti-choice and once the kid is born, you could care less. The "right" would rather cut Medicaid programs for low income kids, they would rather get rid of reduced-rate lunch and breakfast programs for kids, and the list goes on. You only care that a woman gives birth and after that, "You're on your own sucka!"

What defines a charity? Some on the right may see a "Pregnancy Resource Center" that lies to women about abortion and refuses to tell them about abortion services in the area/city/state as a "charity." Some on the left see it as a political donation. What say you?

I know the Republican party isn't exactly Conservative but a lot of people who claim to be Conservative prefer a right-wing brand of Christianity.

Sounds to me like you want gov to care for someone from birth to death. Do you know who else felt like that?

Old 01-27-2010, 09:31 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
There use to be a homeless man that each day was around where McCain supporters were holding a street rally. Obama supporters would also show up.

Which supporters McCain or Obamas do you think gave the man something to eat and drink each day
Yeah, the man better not go to South Carolina!

Old 01-27-2010, 09:32 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,096,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post

Wow, it is so funny that you think you know me or something

I volunteer alot of time at various organizations for the community, more than most Dems I bet.

I won't stereotype and act like I know you personally like you did to me, but you seem rather closeminded and judgemental based on your posts

Old 01-27-2010, 09:35 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,764,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Sounds to me like you want gov to care for someone from birth to death. Do you know who else felt like that?
When it comes to health care, I am supportive of a cradle to grave single-payer system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.