Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 10:59 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

What do Republicans tell their kids?

1. Look it up. What do you think, the GOVERNMENT is going to do it for you?

2. If you don't save your money now, you'll wind up like the starving kids in China who own all of our debt.

3. Don't run with scissors! You still have another year to go before the President's advisor thinks you're life is worth saving.

4. Study and work hard in school or you'll wind up being a Congressman or the Governor of California when you grow up.

5. Eat your lima beans or the President will send the Organic Vegetable Police to take you away in an electric car to work on a solar panel compound and you'll never see mommy and daddy again.

6. The Tooth Fairy only left you one nickel this time? Well, the Tooth Fairy is now giving all of your other nickels to the lttle kids who still have their teeth. Oh, don't cry. It will be all over, in 3 years.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:02 AM

841 posts, read 2,260,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

2. If you don't save your money now, you'll wind up like the starving kids in China who own all of our debt.

3. Don't run with scissors! You still have another year to go before the President's advisor thinks you're life is worth saving.

4. Study and work hard in school or you'll wind up being a Congressman or the Governor of California when you grow up.

5. Eat your lima beans or the President will send the Organic Vegetable Police to take you away in an electric car to work on a solar panel compound and you'll never see mommy and daddy again.

6. The Tooth Fairy only left you one nickel this time? Well, the Tooth Fairy is now giving all of your other nickels to the lttle kids who still have their teeth. Oh, don't cry. It will be all over, in 3 years.
Didn't you admit to watching 6-7 hrs of Fox News a day? Maybe you should dedicate those hours to truly helping your kids, instead of montoring message boards?

Old 01-27-2010, 11:39 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
Actually I tell me my kids that the money you earn is yours. Other people attempt to steal it from you via government.
Take a stand and tell them to leave you alone in your social and economic life.
It is not the governments business it is between your personal beliefs and your family.
Vote accordingly and never vote to do the same against anyone else or any group.

I wonder what democrat liberals and progressives say.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:27 PM

17,379 posts, read 16,518,282 times
^ I also wonder what liberals/progressives on this board tell their children. They definitely have a different philosophy on life but are usually so busy attacking conservatives that it is truly impossible to understand where they are coming from.

Overall, conservatives seem to place great value on self reliance and teach their kids accordingly. Being a conservative really isn't about money at all (most conservatives are not wealthy) even though liberals like to make it sound that way..

Last edited by springfieldva; 01-27-2010 at 01:24 PM..

Old 01-27-2010, 01:23 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I'll ignore the obvious ignorance in you question.

I raise my kids to understand the intrinsic reward that comes from hard work and achievement.

I tell them never to expect something for free if they themselves did not earn it.

I stress the importance of finding what makes you happy and pursuing that. If you do what you love, you will love what you do. Intrinsic rewards are more important than monetary ones.

I remind them to always play by the rules, there are no shortcuts in life, and nothing in this world is free.

I remind them to give back to those less fortunate, whether that is volunteering time at the Greater Food Depository (which we did last weekend), or volunteering to help transport animals from kill shelters to foster homes and/or no-kill shelters (which we also do).

I remind them that respect is earned and to always be respectful of other people's opinions, especially when they don't agree.

I regularly talk to them about racism, sexism, and acceptance of different/alternate lifestyles.

I also teach them to be fiscally conservative with their own money and to know the value of the earned dollar.

I teach them the differences between liberals and conservatives and note the importance of being a conservative. I also teach them how the liberalism run rampant in our government is destroying our country.

We also plan to volunteer our time in helping elect the conservatives in the upcoming elections.
I told my children many of the same things when they were younger, and they, and I, live this way today. However, I certainly never taught my children that their neighbors, friends, relatives, fellow citizens were/are 'destroying our country.'
Boggles the mind.

I am old enough to remember the old public service announcements that reminded us that children have to be taught to hate. Clearly things have not changed.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:24 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Charming.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:35 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
I tell mine , all boys, act like real men , be honest, work hard, obey God, and be a man of your word, nobody owes you nothing,treat women like ladies even if they dont act like one, treat everyone the way you want to be treated. If you do these things you will naturally grow up to be a Conservative.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:39 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARL_MARX View Post
Didn't you admit to watching 6-7 hrs of Fox News a day? Maybe you should dedicate those hours to truly helping your kids, instead of montoring message boards?
I don't have kids. Buy a sense of humor.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
If making money for yourself is the only motivating force in your life and you will do anything and trample anyone who gets in your way...do you just tell your kids to be selfish and that the Bible you preach from is only useful to condemn others... as the Republican you put in office is flying all over the Southern Hemisphere having an affair on the tax payers account?

"Just wondering"
I'll tell my kids the same thing when they are 21 as I tell them now that they are 7 and 9...

You want to buy something? Learn how to get a job and get the hell out!!

Old 01-27-2010, 01:54 PM

17,379 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I told my children many of the same things when they were younger, and they, and I, live this way today. However, I certainly never taught my children that their neighbors, friends, relatives, fellow citizens were/are 'destroying our country.'
Boggles the mind.

I am old enough to remember the old public service announcements that reminded us that children have to be taught to hate. Clearly things have not changed.
So, if you also hold many conservative values what is it about the liberal agenda that appeals to you? How do you explain progressive values to your kids (or grandkids assuming your kids are grown now)?

For the record, I teach my kids to value the fact that people have a right to express their opinion in this country. In fact, the freedom to do so helps to make this country great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies