U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 11:36 AM

41,313 posts, read 42,185,549 times

Advertisements

of what obama will say; No surprises here.

Blame Bush for HIS own ruinous policies.

Blame Congress for the dirty deals and secret Health Care process.

Blame the American people for not "understanding" his message.

State of the Union: Obama to Unveil Three-Year Limited Spending Freeze - ABC News

Quote:
"The president's going to explain why he thinks the American people are angry and frustrated," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said on "Good Morning America" today.
We really don't need to hear YOUR spin on why the public is angry. All you need to do is LISTEN to the people...they've been telling you for months now why they are angry. Your lies, broken promises and dirty dealings can no longer be hidden or ignored.

Quote:
White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Tuesday that the president will also reflect on the economic situation he faced coming into office and the "tough decisions" he had to make within his first year.
Blaming Bush is getting tiresome and its not working anymore. See VA, NJ and Mass elections.

I'm sure we will hear him blame congress for the "process" of the HC negotiations.

Obama: 'I didn't sign off on those shady health care deals.' Really? | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-pretends-he-didnt-sign-off-on-the-shady-health-care-deals-82699357.html - broken link)

Quote:
“Let's just clarify. I didn't make a bunch of deals [on health care]. ... There is a legislative process that is taking place in Congress and I am happy to own up to the fact that I have not changed Congress and how it operates the way I would have liked.”
So..basically he is saying he had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the behavior and decisions of the democrats in congress as they shut out the public and the GOP, made all those dirty deals behind closed doors?

Quote:
But the Washington Post reported on December 20 that Obama's top aides were involved in the negotiations with Nelson:
And let's not forget the union deal, which was agreed upon AT the White House just a couple weeks ago.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 12:26 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,434,620 times
Thanks for the highlights for tonight. I'm not going to watch it---I'm at a point just listening to the dribble makes me want to throw-up.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:31 PM

81 posts, read 40,290 times
The official Obama SOTU Drinking game.

HuffPost Comedy's State Of The Union Drinking Game 2010

Old 01-27-2010, 12:35 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,321,797 times
I think we will get what we all normally get from Obama.
Screwed!
Congress will stand up and cheer with him and say yes SCREW the people!
We all get angry curse at the TV and then go back to work the next day.
God Bless America
F government

Old 01-27-2010, 12:36 PM

76,485 posts, read 36,481,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnc0628 View Post
The official Obama SOTU Drinking game.

HuffPost Comedy's State Of The Union Drinking Game 2010
Wow... Obama's really in the crapper when even HuffPo posts an Obama SOTU drinking game.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:38 PM

76,485 posts, read 36,481,686 times
I'd love to hear some more "You LIE!" shouts coming from Congress.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:40 PM

14,223 posts, read 18,756,854 times

Old 01-27-2010, 12:43 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,434,620 times
Good for HuffPost---there really waking up. If we played the drinking game, we all would be toast. Well we are toast already and the goal is to SOBER UP everyone who has drank the Kool-aid.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:59 PM

4,608 posts, read 7,695,076 times
State of the Union Address Tonight; We have a glimpse

I'm having a shot of old No. 7 everytime he blames Booossshhhhhh ! ! ! Glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:53 PM

19,894 posts, read 17,180,986 times
Tired of his Speeches, his Realty, of the mess we are in, getting old, getting tired, getting boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies