Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you watching/did you watch the State of the Union?
Yes - I'm left wing 49 44.95%
Yes - I'm right wing 45 41.28%
No - I'm left wing 5 4.59%
No - I'm right wing 10 9.17%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 11:18 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,398 times

Advertisements

Same o'l B.S. with this guy...More campaign promises.
Dope...your Pres. start doing something (except spending more money)

Hes an empty suit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 11:23 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,761,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I gave it a 6-7--only because I am not sure if he can actually accomplish alot of what he is promising. If I wasn't judging based on substance then I would say 8-9 because he is very charismatic, but that can only get you so far. But as I stated earlier because of the lack belieavabilty of what I think he can actually accomplish 6-7
If the party of NO would stop dragging their feet maybe some things can get accomplished.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:27 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I thought tonight's speech was one of the best State of The Union speeches I ever heard.

I personally would give Obama a 10.

He seemed to touch on every area that mattered, and spoke to both sides of the isle.

What was your opinion of Obama's speech - with 10 being the best, 1 being the worst?

This is a public poll.
I guess if you weren't looking for facts you might have considered it okay.

FACT CHECK: Obama and the 'hatchet' job

Just one of many, ummm... white lies.

OBAMA: "Because of the steps we took, there are about 2 million Americans working right now who would otherwise be unemployed. ... And we are on track to add another one and a half million jobs to this total by the end of the year."

THE FACTS: The success of the Obama-pushed economic stimulus that Congress approved early last year has been an ongoing point of contention for the president. In December, the administration reported that recipients of direct assistance from the government created or saved about 650,000 jobs. The number was based on self-reporting by recipients and some of the calculations were shown to be in error.
The Congressional Budget Office has been much more guarded than Obama in characterizing the success of the stimulus plan. In November, it reported that the stimulus increased the number of people employed by between 600,000 and 1.6 million "compared with what those values would have been otherwise." It said the ranges "reflect the uncertainty of such estimates." And it added: "It is impossible to determine how many of the reported jobs would have existed in the absence of the stimulus package."

FACT CHECK: Obama and the 'hatchet' job - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100128/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_fact_check - broken link)

Old 01-27-2010, 11:30 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
They really should move them to the side or something. I was distracted by Biden itching his scalp and noticed they
both blink a lot
Pelosi looked like she really had to go to the bathroom

Old 01-27-2010, 11:46 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,138,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Did he happen to talk about his SPENDING HABITS, We all heard him we know what he inherited, He refuse to pass this along to future generations, oh gag me.
He spoke of the 22billion surplus we had when BUSH took office and the 3 trillion in debt we had when he left..Is that the spending you are talking about? lol It takes more effort and money to get your car out of the ditch that to put it there ..

Old 01-27-2010, 11:47 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Obama talks a good game but we've heard good speeches before. He's about as bull headed as Bush was, he'll follow the agenda given him and make no move to rethink his priorities.
He's a politician and that means BSing people.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:54 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Exceptional speech

So great to have an intelligent man residing in the White House, someone who is versatile enough to resolve the nation's problems in spite of the Regressive obstructionist presence. Republicans are not worthy of this great President.

It was an exceptional speech, best I ever heard. The more Republicans who hate it, the more the greatness of this speech is reinforced since they prefer incompetence.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:55 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I guess if you weren't looking for facts you might have considered it okay.

FACT CHECK: Obama and the 'hatchet' job

Just one of many, ummm... white lies.
PolitiFact | Barack Obama's file

Obama has told a whole whopping three "pants on fire" lies, and his true statements outnumber false statements 192 to 43.

Might want to have your own facts straight before you start trying to fact check someone else.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:56 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,695,826 times
Default Another Chicago hustler

It's all rhetoric with this guy. He chirps and chirps and the little 20 something with his delusions of grandeur and chip on his/her shoulder run around spitting out party lines like some sort of Political genius. The fact is, Obama hasn't changed a damn thing for the better.

Healthcare-fail
The economy-fail
Job creation (NOT government jobs)-fail
Missile shield in europe-fail
F22 program-fail

etc etc. This guy is a clown. Watch the movie "Fall of the Republic." On Youtube. It's pretty eye opening.

Another Chicago hustler

Old 01-27-2010, 11:57 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,138,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Anyone who thought that was a good speech also believes in fairy tales. The same hollow promises he made a year ago, and then forgot the following day. He has no problem lying right to our faces, and some still believe him... Amazing...! He lied about jobs made/saved, he continues to lie about everything.
He didn't get that people hate his plans, which he should have learned in the Mass election of a week ago. He is so self centered he plans to continue to ram a terrible HC bill down our throats. His ideas are a lost cause, and fortunately taking he and his party down the drain.
Like he did before, he stated he is open to ideas, but he said that before, then locked the doors to any who had much better plans.
Everyone understands what he is selling, we just aren't buying it.
The man clearly wants to be king, and it is and will be his undoing..
Terrible speech, full of lies and BS..The man is a complete, incompetent loser, and the next election to dump his butt can't come too soon for the good people of this country...
I wanted to be generous, so I gave him a 2, probably more than he deserves....
Why are YOU giving the republican rebuttal? Thats Rushs JOB lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies