Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you watching/did you watch the State of the Union?
Yes - I'm left wing 49 44.95%
Yes - I'm right wing 45 41.28%
No - I'm left wing 5 4.59%
No - I'm right wing 10 9.17%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 06:16 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

let me add another theft from the american people to the list. USA Today announced that the corporate shell that picked up all of Chrysler's pre-bankruptcy debt, now known as Old Carco LLC, said in a filing that it plans to stiff the government on $3.7 billion in loans -- even though other creditors will be paid in full.

americans have been ROBBED.

i have to go obama a 1 for his inability or indifference to punishing the guilty, and the fact that he wants bernanke and geithner reconfirmed only solidifies my position that the corruption goes all the way to the top position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 06:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Sad when all GOP has to offer is hatred and heckling. You're that void of integrity, content, or any meaningful contribution to this country beyond cashing out it's brand name recongition. Pathetic waste of space. Give up the chair to independents. At least they're constructive and don't shred the ^%$*& constitution to pieces.

It was just another sales speech. Tell them what they want to hear, but never the whole truth. He lied more than once in that barf he spewed.

Actions speak louder than words.
Why should we believe him this time.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Sweet! Where's the link to this story? That definitely flew under the radar as far as I'm concerned.
Pajamas Media » The Obama Campaign’s Credit-Card Crack-up

Michelle Malkin » Report: Credit card fraud for Obama

Red Mass Group:: Tonight's Obama Message, brought to you by "untraceable donations".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102803413.html

And even the Huffington Post
Obama Accepting Untraceable Credit Card Donations

Old 01-28-2010, 06:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
Tim Geithner. Timmy made a lot of noise about "total meltdown" risk (and indeed even referenced the possible loss of civil order!) but the question that was not asked is this: Who stoked that fear in Congress? That would be Bernanke and Paulson, right? They in fact told Congress "either hand over $700 billion for buying troubled assets or tanks will be in the streets."
Right, it was not Geitner who went to Congress with that kind of rhetoric, it was his predecessor, Hank Paulson.

Not that I like Geitner though. I think he should be replaced.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:23 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
How was it classless?

He said with all due respect to separation of powers, he disagreed with the ruling. Thats like saying others disagree with the President, or that the President disagrees with congress.

Its not disrespectful.

Then, he urged congress to pass a law that would limit campaign finance from corporations and foreign interests.

I agree with the Supreme courts decision that McCain Feingold was unconstitutional, however, nothing wrong with the President asking congress to fix the loop hole either.
On a campaign speech I agree it woudl not be disrespectful. At the state of the union with the Supremes present it was terribly disrespectful.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:23 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I thought tonight's speech was one of the best State of The Union speeches I ever heard.

I personally would give Obama a 10.

He seemed to touch on every area that mattered, and spoke to both sides of the isle.

What was your opinion of Obama's speech - with 10 being the best, 1 being the worst?

This is a public poll.

Yes, I must hand it to Obama. He has great speeches, and accomplishes absolutely nothing. That is the type of leader we need.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:24 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It was just another sales speech. Tell them what they want to hear, but never the whole truth. He lied more than once in that barf he spewed.

Actions speak louder than words.
Why should we believe him this time.
Actions speak louder than words. I agree 100%. The republicans actions spoke volumes. They were fired for it.
Now the Dems are facing the same test. I hope they face the same outcome.
As the saying goes. Talk is cheap.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:26 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Right, it was not Geitner who went to Congress with that kind of rhetoric, it was his predecessor, Hank Paulson.

Not that I like Geitner though. I think he should be replaced.

Geithner was the ARCHITECT, along with Paulson, Bernanke and possibly Lloyd Blankfein, of the original AIG bailout, and so the claim that Geithner was unaware of the pending bonus payments would seem disingenuous on it's face. When the evidence from the February archives is added, disingenuous quickly morphs into lies.

Further adding to Obama's difficulties, this afternoon Senator Dodd himself confirmed to Wolf Blitzer of CNN that he modified his ammendment to the stimulus bill in order to protect previously agreed upon compensation contracts (read AIG bonus payments) only after repeated requests of un-named Treasury officials.

After consideration of the work of Greenwald, Hamsher, TIME, Reuters and the statement from Senator Dodd, there is no longer a question that, among others, these un-named officials included Geithner, Summers and President Obama. (dailybail.com)

i notice you also conveniently left out bernanke from your comment.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:26 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
His attack on the SCOUTUS was classless and shows how little respect he has for our system of government, He hurt the office of the president
Did you see judge Alto say " not true"

It was disrespectful. He could have very well called for them to pass the law without calling out the supreme court.

The worse part of it all was when he stood there talking about the American public wants democrats and republicans to work together. How we must be bi partisan( Which I agree with) but then turns around and looks at republicans to bust up his own base and further promote the talking point. Says republicans just cant be the party of no.

How does he think thats going to get people to work together? Does he think that lie is going to encourage support?

Its like saying if you dont do something I want I am going to call you out on national tv even if its a lie but work with me

Old 01-28-2010, 06:28 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Sad when all GOP has to offer is hatred and heckling. You're that void of integrity, content, or any meaningful contribution to this country beyond cashing out it's brand name recongition. Pathetic waste of space. Give up the chair to independents. At least they're constructive and don't shred the ^%$*& constitution to pieces.
The Supreme Court is NOT the GOP

Its sad when internet posters dont know the difference between the two or did you seriously not read the story and just needed another reason this morning to bash Republicans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies