Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:43 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I would have some serious problems if the president didn't address ALL of the citizens of this country as one.

Well i have to say that again, i agree with you, things can change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 01:51 AM

205 posts, read 589,128 times
This is precisely the problem with some people. They look at the country as black and white... and cannot accept the fact that we have a Black president.
A smart, intellectual, Harvard educated, articulate Commander in Chief.

As a moderate Dem. I did not vote for either of the bushes, but i respected them because they were my presidents.

The good old boys club reigned for 8 years and almost destroyed this country as we know it.

There's a new sheriff in town. Get used to it.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:02 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
By Dr. Boyce Watkins:

"My fellow African-Americans: I address you as both the President of the United States, and as black leader with a serious commitment to the advancement of the African-American community. Given that roughly one-quarter of my political support in the 2008 election came from African-Americans, I owe it to my community to specifically address the concerns of people of color. No longer will you give me a dollar's worth of loyalty in exchange for a nickel's worth of attention. Your issues are now on the table."

What if Obama gave a State of the Black Union address?
This is IMPLIED when he addresses AMERICANS.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:45 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
By Dr. Boyce Watkins:

"My fellow African-Americans: I address you as both the President of the United States, and as black leader with a serious commitment to the advancement of the African-American community. Given that roughly one-quarter of my political support in the 2008 election came from African-Americans, I owe it to my community to specifically address the concerns of people of color. No longer will you give me a dollar's worth of loyalty in exchange for a nickel's worth of attention. Your issues are now on the table."

It would be highly inappropriate, considering that President Obama was elected to represent and be accountable to ALL Americans, not just Americans "of color."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies