Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:56 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,396,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Nope. I don't think she'll run again. She worn out and wants to do something more low key and less stressful. My guess is she'll be working with Bill on something to do with Haiti.
I doubt that. She and Bill seem to be a political team only. She is a driven woman and Bill can help her poltically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 10:03 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,294,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
At that point I think Haiti will be under the radar..however, I agree that if she doesn't run she'll be doing something w/Bill.
Na, Haiti is a ten year project and Bill and Hillard have a special connection to the place. Plus Bill is the UN Special Envoy to Haiti. Either that, or Hillary will do something to do with women's right on an international level. She's got an interest in that too.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:04 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,078,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I think she sent a clear message when she announced that she would not serve a second term as Secretary of State. Do you agree?
Completely and 1000% disagree. She's said the same thing already at least 3 times to different outlets that she's not gonna run. SoS will be her last position in political office.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Na, Haiti is a ten year project and Bill and Hillard have a special connection to the place. Plus Bill is the UN Special Envoy to Haiti. Either that, or Hillary will do something to do with women's right on an international level. She's got an interest in that too.
Time will tell.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Completely and 1000% disagree. She's said the same thing already at least 3 times to different outlets that she's not gonna run. SoS will be her last position in political office.
She also said that before she ran in the 2008.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:06 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,294,309 times
Quote:
I doubt that. She and Bill seem to be a political team only. She is a driven woman and Bill can help her poltically.
He can't help her. The Democratic hierarchy doesn't trust that Bill won't embarrass the party with another sex scandal. He cost her the last election.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:08 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,757,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yes. I've thought all along that she will dutifully perform her duties as SecState and as an ardent Obama supporter (while her minions within the adminstration just as dutifully undermine the President's agenda)
Mind providing evidence of said behavior? Questioning policy as it's being hammered out is not undermining, it's editing and weeding out redundancy or flawed legislation that would ultimately cause more problems than it solves.

So what are you talking about, unless you believe that blind obedience is in keeping with the 'American way'?

As to OP... may the better plans prevail. I believed Clinton had the better plan even if it wasn't ideal solution. I only know I want the better plan and could give a rats behind who (space aliens, lizard people) is attached to that plan. Neocon ideology rebranded being the exception... someone might consider doing my country a favor by assassinating them. They really are that odious/ evil and hobble GOP. Republicans, please please please clean up your side and don't offer me evil/ ignorance on the ballot anymore. You leave america no choice when you fail.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yes. I've thought all along that she will dutifully perform her duties as SecState and as an ardent Obama supporter (while her minions within the adminstration just as dutifully undermine the President's agenda) until about 2 years before the next presidential election.

Then, some sort of public break with Obama will be engineered, probably along foreign or domestic policy lines, and she'll present herself as the candidate committed to the "change" Obama failed to deliver on.

Of course, nobody will notice or comment on the fact that she and her supporters torpedoed his "change" from within at every opportunity.

That's a complete load. Obama's imploding from within due to his singular ineptness, not from any internecine fire. Obama is Obama's biggest inside job, you should focus on that and getting him to stick to his guns and stick to what he campaigned on. He's torpedoing his own "Change" with the "Same as it ever was" meme.

Hey, this is what we were telling you guys all along...but nah, you wouldn't listen. If you want to blame someone for Obama's failure's, blame him. We told ya so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GFMSs5w9Js

Old 01-27-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
She also said that before she ran in the 2008.
No she didn't. She mentioned that she was considering and thinking about it in 2002, and again in 2003. That talking point of she said she wouldn't run before she did is completely bunked.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:14 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
She will be 65 years old in 2012. She would probably like to retire some day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies